Thread: Net Neutrality is BS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Net Neutrality discussions... bigger snooze fest than global warming fear mongers. Or like I mentioned in another thread... Y2K. People are more concerned about the principal of the issue than in the actual effects of it. Another year of no legislation on it and another year of faster speeds for the average consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Net Neutrality discussions... bigger snooze fest than global warming fear mongers. Or like I mentioned in another thread... Y2K. People are more concerned about the principal of the issue than in the actual effects of it. Another year of no legislation on it and another year of faster speeds for the average consumer.
    That's not entirely true though, the average consumer likely has Netflix which was throttled for a while wasn't it? And your average consumer definitely uses torrents which are often throttled, but since that's often illegal content I won't complain about that as much (though the only things I'm currently seeding are legal*).

* https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9989...ANS_EP_(2014)_[v0] , feel free to try it.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    My dear, the median is actually important and not the average.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Another year of no legislation on it and another year of faster speeds for the average consumer.
    Real download speed or just the number on the contract. Because that's what the discussion is all about.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt