Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: What's NASA Up To And Other Space Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Another Tabby's star like mystery uncovered. HD139139, some 300 light years away showed 28 light dips over an 87 day period - the weird bit is that these transit were totally random, i.e they are unlikely to have been planets.
    Perhaps a fleet of dreadnoughts assaulting the local rebel base.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Any thoughts on Trump's Artemis program to build the Lunar Gateway space station and return astronauts to the Lunar surface by 2024? (I mean, aside from no fucking way is it ever going to happen...). For me, I'd like to see a Lunar orbital station and a surface base, but I have almost zero confidence Artemis is getting done. Probably the next boot on the Moon will be Chinese, or a private company.

How about Artemis, the follow-up book by Andy Weir, author of The Martian? I've never read The Martian, but I thought Artemis was meh, at best. Yes, he's good with sticking to realism, but that's about it. Characters are uninteresting and the story not very.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

The Apollo 11 50th anniversary google doodle is great.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    The Apollo 11 50th anniversary google doodle is great.
    Today I learned that a guy in my neighborhood I've known for a good 7 years or so was part of the team that was working on guidance & navigation for the Apollo program - he worked on gyroscope based guidance systems for the spacecraft. That was pretty awesome, and my daughter was super impressed.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)