Thread: Ex Machina

Default Ex Machina

I saw the trailer for this some months ago and filed it mentally as might be good. But Rotten Tomatoes has it at 90 and it's been getting some buzz. Anyone geeked to see it? Anyone catch an early showing?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

I remember reading some details about it a while back, and mentally filed it under "YEAHYEAHTHISLOOKSFKINAWESOME", but then forgot about it again.

Will look it up again and refresh my mental filing system. 90 on Rotten Toms is pretty damn good.

What's the release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    I remember reading some details about it a while back, and mentally filed it under "YEAHYEAHTHISLOOKSFKINAWESOME", but then forgot about it again.

Will look it up again and refresh my mental filing system. 90 on Rotten Toms is pretty damn good.

What's the release date?
    April 10. It's been on RT for a week now and it's actually gone UP from 88, I believe, earlier in the week. That usually indicates a pretty solid movie. The plot is apparently less formulaic than the trailer seems to show, given some interviews and what not I've heard. I believe this is the same director that did 28 Days Later, which was pretty decent.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Oh, Danny Boyle then. He does diverse stuff, some of it pretty good.

Ex Machina (sometimes styled EX_MACHINA) is a 2015 British science fiction thriller film written and directed by Alex Garland, marking Garland's directorial debut
    Though he wrote 28 days later.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Though he wrote 28 days later.
    Yeah, I just saw it's the WRITER of 28 days later, this being his directorial debut...
    The Rules