Thread: Posting Tweets

Default Posting Tweets

You can use the YT tag to embed YouTube links. Is there any way to make it possible to embed a Tweet in the same way?

Although I don't personally use Twitter a lot of news now comes on Twitter first and it could be good to be able to embed a link like that when posting a source to something rather than a link to a full article sometimes. A politics blog I use has automatic embedding of both Tweets and YouTube videos when you post a link to either and it works quite well there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I'll add something. Give me a bit.

By the way, this will go faster if you get OG to request it.

It looks like Twitter's API is not as simple as something like youtube.

Twitter's API is a massive pain in the ass. Because it uses OAuth. And then you have to get like a fucking twitter account, then set up an 'app' in a special section and jeez fuck no. Twitter hates people looking a tweets when it's not in their branding, so they really reigned in the third party stuff which means making their API a pain the ass.

I mean, I think there are some aspects where you don't need to authenticate so it's a lot easier. Otherwise, maybe find a third party plugin that's already integrated the functionality?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

So, how'd you do it?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Javascript fetch of the embed code.

I think I can tweak this to allow users to link entire twitter conversations in one go. I'll play around a bit with it later.

[tweet] =

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Javascript fetch of the embed code.
    Through their API, or are you being a naughty boy?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Yeah, through their web API. It does wind up hitting their servers twice for every tweet on page load (once to grab the embed code, and again to embed the embed code), so it's at least a bit naughty, but I figure it's their own fault for making it difficult to create a system capable of embedding tweets directly.

FUCK THE POLICE

To be fair, I think they can handle the traffic we generate.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Thanks! That was quick.

Test:
    Last edited by RandBlade; 05-13-2015 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.