Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision 2015

Default Eurovision 2015

Anyone watching this? Watching it for the first time from the start, and the first time in many years. Coming from Vienna this year and so far (from the intro) I like the way they're doing it.

Wonder if there'll actually be any good music this year or if it'll all be joke acts and nations voting for their neighbours again

EDIT: Whoops posted it in the serious forum by mistake. Eurovision is anything but serious so moved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Lol was gonna start a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

You have to ask the question Rand. Of course it's gonna be the same shit. That's why it's so watchable. Like a scab you gotta pick.

Australia? Come on ffs.

My vote goes to Graham Norton
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Amanda and I have rarely drank since Chloe was born, but we're doing a Eurovision drinking game. Something tells me at this rate we could be drinking quite a bit: http://www.beerbong.co.uk/news/post/...-drinking-game
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

COME ON UK !

Hey this is funky enough. Saw them on the Norton show a few weeks back.

That was surprisingly fun and kitsch for the UK this year. Quite fitting for Eurovision, we might not actually get Nul Points this year.

It's always hilarious to watch.

I seriously wonder how some of the more terrible ones can actually have the balls to get on stage and make those noises.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

The UK song was fun and nice stage etc, too bad they both didn't sing very well But after that previous horrible song we zapped away here
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Serbia. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    It's always hilarious to watch.

I seriously wonder how some of the more terrible ones can actually have the balls to get on stage and make those noises.
    Live in the US? Or streaming?

Streaming off youtube, can also do streaming here from the Eurovision website

"Rule #5 - Take a drink for every non-anglophone country whose song is entirely in English."

Mate. Youre fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    "Rule #5 - Take a drink for every non-anglophone country whose song is entirely in English."

Mate. Youre fucked.
    Yeah that's basically "the song started, drink" rule.

That famous European country Australia up next.

Okay, I'm sorry to be so me about this...

But is there something truly bizarre about the crotch of the Australian's trousers or am I insane (not mutually exclusive, I admit)?

Didn't notice. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

~

Well ... so far my vote goes to Belgium

So I make that Montenegro with the first non-English song. Let down. Eurovision never used to be so anglicised.

What language did France sing in. The song was a bit bland so I can't recall but the French as a rule never speak or sing in English unless they have to.

France sang in French.

Shock of the century that one

Yo Flixy. Netherlands didn't even qualify for the finals. Haha or something.

Go Italy. Hash tag three tenors.

Drink if the UK don't score.
    Drink if 12 points go to a neighbouring country.

Going to be killed by the end of this lol

1 point for UK so far

A pity point from Malta. We might get another pity point with Australia being in it this year.

Pity point from Ireland! We're on two!

Just need one more to catch up with the Frogs.

Sweden douze point from Nigella.

#anyonebutrussia

I'm watching five minutes behind (baby cried) but Sweden seem to be doing good now. Fingers crossed. Anyone but Russia is right.

3 points from San Marino! We're ahead of the Frogs.

The results are in!

Europe has spoken.

UK 5 : 4 France

We won! We beat the Frogs!

Now for a real song:

Oh yes, congratulations Sweden too.

And thank God YouTube was livecasting it.
    Congratulations America