Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam Summer Sale Event is coming

Default Steam Summer Sale Event is coming

Supposedly the 11th. If you check your steam badges you'll see the new mysterious badge waiting to get activated, its been there for a few days.

I've set aside enough cards to craft 44 badge levels, and have ~$15 in my wallet. If GTAV drops on sale I may have to pick up a steam card from Target. GOG and Amazon both jumped Valve this year, so hopefully they have some sweet deals to make up for the delay.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Any idea how long the event will last for? Its my birthday on the 17th followed by Father's Day on the 21st so I'll want to wait until after those and hope any good sales before then are repeated. I've got a few games I'd like to get.

Its irritating the sale always starts just before my birthday (summer) and before Christmas (winter), the two times of year I never buy games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Last years event lasted 10 days. Not sure if they are thinking far enough ahead to extend this one. With their new restrictions on trading and selling, a lot of the summer stuff is going to be kept off the market for that first week.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

If it ends before Father's Day that'd be a disappointment. Is Father's Day the 21st in the USA too?

I can't be the only dad in the globe who might get a PC game as a present.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

same day yeah, and my birthday is the week after

After midnight steam time, no steam sale yet, I'm kinda disappointed.

Their sales switch midday. I think its 1pm est

Looks like its some sort of "game" this season. Didn't get much info before everything broke. Looks like the sales rotate in 12 hours.

Noticed some good sales. The website is going down every other click though. If anyone hasn't bought Heroes VI and the related expansion packs, I'd recommend them. They're not really worth the full price, but they are worth the current price.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I got the main site exactly once. Will try again in some hours.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Works now.

So the game is basically cookie clicker?

Terrible start.

Farming Simulator 15 sounds like a thrill a minute. Maybe there will be good games another day.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

to many of the publishers/developers are jacking up the prices then using discounts to bring it back down to regular price. Rockstar even did it with GTAV. Its "regular" price is listd at $80, and its sale price is $60.

assholes

I saw that. WTF is wrong with them. Do they gamers are that stupid?

Of course they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    So the game is basically cookie clicker?
    and it only took 2 days to become ridiculous. Son's account is in a group thats up to level 1453, and its full of consumables that there is no point in using.

I made an attempt to play, it told me I can't, so screw it.

Big sale on the all the Victoria games.

Picked up a Wasteland and Wasteland 2 bundle at 50% off

Been hankering to play Wasteland 2 for quite a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Big sale on the all the Victoria games.
    Is Heart of Darkness any good? It's the only one I don't have. Though I'm not sure I'd go back to Victoria now, the interface just feels too clunky now post-CKII and EUIV. We need Vicky3 now.

One of the games on sale from the game is a naval one that's being listed at 50% off but over £30. I don't believe people were seriously paying over £60 before the sale - even AAA blockbusters are released for ~£35-£45 at the most on PC (or £45-£55 on PS4 etc). Don't think I've ever seen a AAA game selling for over £60 before on Steam.

Haven't played it. Steam is forcing me to buy the previous Victoria games to play that one and I'm not sure it's worth it (I have the earlier versions through Amazon).

reddit is trying to unlock the 300,000 level badge for the summer game. I only made it into room 5, but still after an hour my group is up to level 1400 something. So unless everyone is hoarding level warps, we should at least hit level 30,000 today.

reddit is trying to unlock the 300,000 level badge for the summer game. I only made it into room 5, but still after an hour my group is up to level 1400 something. SHould top out around level 30,000 unless everyone is hoarding level warps.

Managed to sneak into the "elite" room, which is just 1500 other people using autoclickers and scripts to progress through the game. Not using any autoclickers or scripts myself (besides the console command in Chrome to select the room I wanted), but we are at level 180,000 right now, so 300,000 by reset time tomorrow is more than possible. People are paying more attention to the game than the sales, lol.

By comparison, my sons account, which joined a random room ASAP today is only at level 13360, considering that game joining is random, and buggy beyond all hell, I don't see how the top level badge is obtainable without cheating.

I really don't get the obsession with these badges. Really is an "I iz a 1337 haxor lolz" meaningless badge that so important.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I really don't get the obsession with these badges. Really is an "I iz a 1337 haxor lolz" meaningless badge that so important.
    welcome to last decade, you have a grumpy old man, get off my lawn, won't let go of his nokia, vibe going on today.

LOL! I'm getting old. Officially, its my birthday tomorrow.

reddit is trying to unlock the 300,000 level badge for the summer game.
    what summer game?

~

oh and happy birthday randy
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Thanks Tim, had a great day