Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steam Summer Sale Event is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    what summer game?
    http://steamcommunity.com/minigame/
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Well despite my plan not to buy anything, most games I'd had my eyes on for the last few years have popped up at 75% off: Picked up the X series (though will likely only play AP), Rise of Venice Gold Edition and the Complete Anno 2070. Also picked up a Sam & Max pack, no idea if these are any good or not but liked the humour in the original Sam & Max games so it was worth a fiver.

Only game left on my Wishlist that I've not purchased is Total War: Attila (the only Total War game besides original Medieval I don't have) but I haven't even played Total War: Rome II yet so in no hurry to get that. Besides kind of got bored with Total War compared to CKII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

After getting stuck at 98 million the previous day, I finally reached the kill screen

Click to view the full version

congrats to you as well Wraith.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 06-21-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I was in Wraith's game but from the second day it wouldn't let me log on.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

That wasn't made obvious. Oh well.

Anyone give the game this year a shot?

Seems to be overrun with bots, which didn't matter much last time (aside from driving down card costs), but with the giveaways they are taking a good percentage of the prizes away from actual players.

Everything highlighted is a confirmed bot.

Looks like the event is over, we got a new badge and profile showcase
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/OminousGamer/

Summer Sale is in its 2nd day. Sales are ok, similar to what GoG was at. But the "event" has become a complete clusterfuck thats broken their leveling system. Its been a long time since I've seen the community turn against Valve like this. Even the paid mods and its rollback wasn't this bad.

Steam sale events have been pretty lame for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    perhaps, but at least not broken. This event had all types of issues exploits and unexplained details. A bunch of it got rolled backed yesterday, but not enough to make people happy it seems.