Page 102 of 171 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Trump certainly keeps good company.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/anthonycorm...was-accused-of
    Hope is the denial of reality

I can believe he doesn't remember what he did with that money, what I don't understand is why he has no records of it - if you're in charge of someone's account surely you're required to keep records?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Most requirements for keeping records are time-limited hence the statute of limitations. EG where I used to work the software would automatically purge data over seven years old as that is the threshold for what is meant to be kept. If the case was over eight years old by the time it came to light the records may have been legitimately shredded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

That's racist against Trumpists
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Maybe now these idiots will stop relying so heavily on that fake news BS about Obama disrespecting the military because he refused to salute them.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

. . .
    Did you REALLY examine the (very unlike) data-sets and (highly massaged) analyses the guy was presenting? Do you realize the key finding that leads to his and your conclusion? It's that while the mean white voter for BOTH Dems and GOP shows as LESS racist than 2012, the mean Dem voter became less racist by a greater margin.

And incidentally: note how he said he was comparing three explanations? He provided the data set for the first, but he did not include it in his final analysis for what had the most influence. He only compared authoritarianism (which was basically completed unchanged from prior elections, unlike the income metric) to racism rather than income, authoritarianism, and racism.

Last, his final conclusion (which you echo) does not match even THAT crappy analysis. Rather the analysis says that racism was a stronger motivator for a person than authoritarianism (again, he managed to neglect income entirely in the end), not that it had either a quantitatively or proportionally greater effect on the total results which is what would be required for your claim, the WashPo headline, and the writer's final line. The hardcore racists were more united behind Trump than Clinton than to the softer racists compared to the hardcore authoritarians and the more easy-going authoritarians. That's it.
    Last edited by LittleFuzzy; 04-17-2017 at 06:13 PM.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    be required for your claim, the WashPo headline, and the writer's final line.
    If you're done editing, the article was provided without claim or comment. The link is literally the title of the article.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 04-17-2017 at 06:33 PM.

If you're done editing, the article was provided without claim or comment. The link is literally the title of the article.
    If the only thing you're providing is quoting someone else verbatim, the necessary assumption is that counts as your own input too. There is a solution. Put thought into it or don't provide Lewk-quality material.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

If the only thing you're providing is quoting someone else verbatim, the necessary assumption is that counts as your own input too.
    No.
    Its relevant to the discussion. Even if you're not in agreement with the claim the author is making. If it strikes me as something I have an immediate opinion on I'll add that. I usually even include the text of the article, but opted not to this time because a copy and paste wouldn't have brought over the important bits.

You've displayed some serious snappiness lately and a lot of it seems to come from your inability to internet. Take a fucking chill pill.

---------------------------

Trump has spent one out of every five minutes of his presidency in Palm Beach
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...in-palm-beach/

Yet he tweeted 26 times about Obama playing golf.

But lets do one better, Fuzzy seems to love when racial connections are made suggested:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3065230
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 04-17-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Having read through the article I think it's fair to say there are a couple of issues with it. The most obvious being that the text of the article suggests that he excluded income from the regression model and that the title may be somewhat misleading especially given the the results may have been influenced more by the change in attitudes among Democrats.

The question about the income variable has already been posed to the author on social media and a response is no doubt forthcoming.

No.
    Its relevant to the discussion. Even if you're not in agreement with the claim the author is making.
    If you're not in agreement, you put a comment in to that effect. And I'm not speaking just of general netiquette here, but of your individual demonstrated behavior, OG.

Trump’s old tweets are becoming a minefield of hypocrisy
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.193f3b5c436e

Trump's tweets have made him a simpleton when it comes to predicting whats about to happen. He always goes on a rant before something major drops, and if he attacks someone for something you can bet he is doing it, has done it, or plans to do it.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...lawmaker-says/

I maintain that nearly all Republicans are from an alternate dimension. #mandelaeffect

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...lawmaker-says/

I maintain that nearly all Republicans are from an alternate dimension. #mandelaeffect
    He's not wrong though. Use of the internet is a choice, just like the use of car or the use of Air Conditioning or the use of soap is a choice. Granted not using any of these things is probably a poor choice but it is still a choice. Allowing ISPs to compete on price vs. privacy is probably a good thing. Some ISPs will be of the position that privacy is important and won't be able to use consumer data to make money. Others will decide that it represents a potential goldmine and will use that data - and the consumers would likely end up paying less than the other company that doesn't have that revenue stream. IE the free market will work - those who value privacy can have it at a higher premium and those that don't will enjoy greater cost savings.

I believe you, too, live in an alternate dimension, if you believe that to be an accurate description of how your Internet market behaves in reality.

I believe you, too, live in an alternate dimension, if you believe that to be an accurate description of how your Internet market behaves in reality.
    Internet companies have some high barriers to entry so it doesn't always work out as efficiently however the fundamental principal remains. There is value in the marketing data that ISPs have. That value can translate into lower costs for consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Internet companies have some high barriers to entry so it doesn't always work out as efficiently however the fundamental principal remains. There is value in the marketing data that ISPs have. That value can translate into lower costs for consumers.
    There's value in the identifying information anyone who has your billing information has, doesn't mean they should be allowed to sell it even if it would provide lower costs for consumers. Your employer also has a lot of useful information about you, as does your insurer. Both can pass (a portion of) those benefits on to you. Heck, think how much extra revenue the government could raise if it sold all the information IT collected on us to interested market buyers. Think how much better marketers could help you get valuable offers if they could buy your net income information from the IRS, Lewk. Although, if you used someone like turbotax to prepare your return, I'm sure they or your ISP (or their ISP) already has that information to sell. Passes through their pipes.

the free market will work - those who value privacy can have it at a higher premium and those that don't will enjoy greater cost savings.
    Except isps dont operate as a free market. Otherwise we wouldn't be so far behind the rest of the developed world. Ignoring the obviousness that you don't understand how any of this works we already have examples of companies not passing "the cost savings" but instead making the invasion of privacy the existing base *nd moving up, but not down.

Fascinating that someone who thinks piracy is stealing is AOK with telecomms companies helping themselves to their customers private information, then selling it for profit.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

And there goes O'Reilly

There's value in the identifying information anyone who has your billing information has, doesn't mean they should be allowed to sell it even if it would provide lower costs for consumers. Your employer also has a lot of useful information about you, as does your insurer. Both can pass (a portion of) those benefits on to you. Heck, think how much extra revenue the government could raise if it sold all the information IT collected on us to interested market buyers. Think how much better marketers could help you get valuable offers if they could buy your net income information from the IRS, Lewk. Although, if you used someone like turbotax to prepare your return, I'm sure they or your ISP (or their ISP) already has that information to sell. Passes through their pipes.
    I know it would be great right? Of course many employers like to keep things like income as confidential likely won't be on board. Furthermore as long as the expectations are clear I don't have a problem with employers and employees coming to agreement on this. What some people find critical to keeping under lock and key others won't care.

If you are in favor with the idea of government stepping in to govern the relationship between ISPs and consumers than you philosophically don't have an argument if the government chooses to start requiring ISPs to share the information. I personally don't think its the governments business either way. If there is a contract and one party violates it I expect the courts to be the governmental channel to arbitrate the dispute but that's it.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    And there goes O'Reilly
    I am always astounded that his kind of open racism even gets advertisers. And that it took seven(7) credible accusations for him to finally lose his job - and that only because the advertisers finally pulled out.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Just remember, one little seven separate accusations of sexual assault can ruin a man's career in just 15 years, but only so long as he's making the company look bad to advertisers. Political correctness gone mad!
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    I am always astounded that his kind of open racism even gets advertisers. And that it took seven(7) credible accusations for him to finally lose his job - and that only because the advertisers finally pulled out.
    What racism?

It's also not really psychoanalysis to take someone's own statement of intent is it?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

What racism?

https://mediamatters.org/research/20...ir/216077#race

First Google result

Not that Fox is turning over a new leaf or anything. One of the people who is going to be getting more screen time now is Jesse Watters who is largely (in)famous for how racist his segments can be.

Wonder if O'Reilly will pull a Beck now and apologize for his roll for how the country is and for taking advantage of how weak his listeners are. I remember this board or the other one had people who would defend Beck when he whipped out the Nazi props. Fun times.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 04-21-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    https://mediamatters.org/research/20...ir/216077#race

First Google result

Not that Fox is turning over a new leaf or anything. One of the people who is going to be getting more screen time now is Jesse Watters who is largely (in)famous for how racist his segments can be.

Wonder if O'Reilly will pull a Beck now and apologize for his roll for how the country is and for taking advantage of how weak his listeners are. I remember this board or the other one had people who would defend Beck when he whipped out the Nazi props. Fun times.
    I also loved the one where he told a professor that he looked like a meth-dealer simply because he was black.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

O’Reilly: African-Americans Should Wear “Don’t Get Pregnant At 14” On Their T-Shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.