Page 113 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

A reminder that Lewk is the modern face of the GOP.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/15/...slam-extremism
    Hope is the denial of reality

So, remember that biggest weapons deal ever?

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/marka...-is-fake-news/
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I've been posting that on Fox news's Facebook page, no-one seems to want to engage though
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ress-secretary

After another week of hiding in the bushes it looks like Spicer is finally out. He really lost his gusto after he was snubbed when they visited the Vatican.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

WTF America. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40458145

This is starting to make me think as if America had elected Lex Luthor as President. Not sure who Clark Kent is in our reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

A national Enquirer article sounds like the perfect thing to finally bring down this idiot. To bad the party in control of Congress has no spine.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Understatement of the century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

On the flipside Graham considers Trump an ally and that their relationship is “mutually beneficial.”

Thats the joke right now, the GOP will tweet about how they are "concerned" and then... nothing. Its a party of enablers.

It's both funny and sad how the things he does that cause outrage are, for a position he has, actually almost the least harmful thing he does.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I see the National Enquirer at the supermarket every week. And every week the front page story is an attack on one of Trump's enemies or a glowing story about Trump. It's pretty obvious who they're working for.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I see the National Enquirer at the supermarket every week. And every week the front page story is an attack on one of Trump's enemies or a glowing story about Trump. It's pretty obvious who they're working for.
    The Russians.

Enquirer published both the brain sponge and Cruz JFK association. Both of which Trump quoted on the campaign trail.

The relationship with the Enquirer is not exactly new news. It came up during the campaign. And a free press means that we do occasionally get these "pet" publications and there's really nothing to be done about it.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

At least Trumpites and the Tories are on the same page when it comes to the media's role.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...attacks-240139

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Okay, in case anyone missed it: He's really gone off the deep end now.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...03147168071680
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Only someone like Trump would post something like that to remind everyone he was on the receiving end of the world's sloppiest Stone Cold Stunner

Click to view the full version

... in mid-May 80% of Trump voters told YouGov that they see criticism of Mr Trump as an attack on “people like me”.
    http://www.economist.com/news/specia...n-more-reliant

If that is the case, and I don't doubt it is, do you think the media should take a different take on reporting and, more importantly editorializing?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

I think Trump and his supporters need to stop being snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    If that is the case, and I don't doubt it is, do you think the media should take a different take on reporting and, more importantly editorializing?
    What do you have in mind?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    What do you have in mind?
    Nothing I can really verbalize, just spitballing.

Seriously, there's nothing that could be done at this point. Most of the GOP is now the anti-anti-Trump party. They've been hardwired to hate anyone who goes against Trump. And that's hard to avoid when the guy is a narcissistic pathological liar. Do you want the media to not cover his constant mistakes?

Did I say that?

Then you kind of have to accept that the GOP (at least the 84% who still approve of Trump's job) is a lost cause. People like Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, etc. have been poisoning the well for years. Now you have a majority of rank-and-file Republicans who loathe Paul Ryan for being insufficiently nasty and will support Trump to the bitter end. Criticism of Trump is treason. Showing up to his rallies is a rationale for being assaulted. Russia and Putin are great! Shari'a law is a serious threat! You can't fix this. And the handful of Republican intellectuals who think they can reclaim the party are deluding themselves. Look at their social media accounts, and all you see are Democrats calling them brave for standing up to Trump. That's to say they don't actually represent more than a handful of Republican voters. Were I one of those Republicans, I'd seriously consider forming a third party. It will have no chance of winning in the near future, but who knows what will happen a decade or two down the line? The GOP managed to displace the Whigs, even if it was a century and a half ago. The alternative is giving legitimacy to a toxic brand, one that they will forever be associated with.

Again all I asked was should the media try a different angle...but okay!

I didn't vote for President Twitter, relax, you don't need to convince me.

Then you kind of have to accept that the GOP (at least the 84% who still approve of Trump's job) is a lost cause. People like Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, etc. have been poisoning the well for years. Now you have a majority of rank-and-file Republicans who loathe Paul Ryan for being insufficiently nasty and will support Trump to the bitter end. Criticism of Trump is treason. Showing up to his rallies is a rationale for being assaulted. Russia and Putin are great! Shari'a law is a serious threat! You can't fix this. And the handful of Republican intellectuals who think they can reclaim the party are deluding themselves. Look at their social media accounts, and all you see are Democrats calling them brave for standing up to Trump. That's to say they don't actually represent more than a handful of Republican voters. Were I one of those Republicans, I'd seriously consider forming a third party. It will have no chance of winning in the near future, but who knows what will happen a decade or two down the line? The GOP managed to displace the Whigs, even if it was a century and a half ago. The alternative is giving legitimacy to a toxic brand, one that they will forever be associated with.
    And the hyperbole continues. I find Trump rather embarrassing but its still better than the alternative if the Dems had power. Rolling back Frank/Dodd, tougher stance on immigration, tax reform (sigh... yes I know its not looking up), avoiding disastrous $15 minimum wage and a Supreme Court that actually looks at the constitution as something to follow as opposed to an obstacle are all reasons I want the GOP in power.

Do I like Trump's stupidity on twitter? Nope.

Do I like his inability to stay on message? Nope.

Do I like the incompetence coming out of his White house? Nope.

Frankly I'd love it if he would just say fuck it and retire and let Pence take over. But suggesting that the party of racism, wealth redistribution, crippling over-taxation and big government is superior to conservatives simply because Trump is an egomaniac? Nope. I support the GOP because of their positions not their personalities.

Do you care about one democratic norm after another being broken? Do you care about America undermining its relationship with the rest of the world? Do you care that the guy picking up the phone at 3 AM has no idea how to handle a crisis? You don't need to answer that. Supreme Court!

Incidentally, thanks for making my point about Republicans poisoning the well for a really long time.

Do you care about one democratic norm after another being broken? Do you care about America undermining its relationship with the rest of the world? Do you care that the guy picking up the phone at 3 AM has no idea how to handle a crisis? You don't need to answer that. Supreme Court!

Incidentally, thanks for making my point about Republicans poisoning the well for a really long time.
    'Democratic norm?' like what? Oh noes the president said something mean about a reporter. Really?

As far as the relationship with the rest of the world I'm ambivalent about a lot of it. The rest of the world wants to Kyoto 2.0 and I'm meh about that. I do believe we should stand by our allies where appropriate (Poland, UK, Israel etc) but I also don't think we owe jack shit to most of the world. As far as handling of the crisis I actually don't think Trump will be like 'lol bomb them.' He, like every president is going to get a set of options and he'll pick one. The guy is a thin skinned egotistical twit not an absolute psychotic nihilist. I have trust that Mattis IS actually qualified for his role.