Page 120 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    We're screwed.
    Why? It's not like he can actually do that. Since the House has to originate all funding legislation, saying "I just won't disburse the funds as dictated in the legislative budget" constitutes a line-item veto. POTUS doesn't have that power.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Why? It's not like he can actually do that. Since the House has to originate all funding legislation, saying "I just won't disburse the funds as dictated in the legislative budget" constitutes a line-item veto. POTUS doesn't have that power.
    That specific item is in the executive budget.
    Hope is the denial of reality

We're screwed because we have a President that's demeaning the office with every tweet he makes. And neither the Republican party, nor its elected officials writ large, are standing up as an equal branch of government, with intended checks/balances against the executive. Even when Trump acts like a complete moron.

Its official, fridge stored milk lasts longer than Scaramucci did.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

holy shit
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Comments on Fox are truly mind-warping tonight.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

To be fair, this is actually a relatively normal move by the Trump administration - pretty much any politician would fire their communications director for saying the things he said on record. Everyone's just so used to Trump violating ever norm going that when he does something somewhat sensible it just looks like part of the chaos.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    We're screwed because we have a President that's demeaning the office with every tweet he makes.
    Seriously? We haven't set the office or the person of the president very high since Washington.

Jackson killed a lot more people and basically gave the judicial branch a big fuck you, bigger than anything Trump has done.

Nixon's Watergate is still in living memory in regards to blatant illegal actions.

Clinton used the office for blow jobs.

The instant Obama and Trump were elected they had a good third of the country ready to rally against everything they stood for. From a moral, legal, or decorum standpoint Trump hasn't surpassed his predecessors... yet.

The tweets are embarrassing but so was Obama's inability to say Islamic Terrorism.

Looks like the family convinced Dad to bring Scaramucci in just to get Preibus fired and when Kelley refused to work with the guy either it meant he was out.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I wonder is spicer has managed to stop laughing yet.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

“If she wants to advance her political career, she will have to come out authentically and honestly in support of universal healthcare, free college, a federal $15 hour minimum wage, criminal justice reform and the expansion of social security programs,” Wong said. “Anything less than this means the party will continue to bleed voters.”
    https://mic.com/articles/183105/demo...lem#.Y1yJmDu4V

Got to love the Bernie Bros. Is their goal to keep Trump in power until 2024?
    Last edited by Loki; 08-01-2017 at 01:59 PM.

I REALLY don't want to vote for Harris. I voted against her both times she ran for AG and I voted against her for Senate too. She was a wonderful example (in her San Francisco positions and as California AG) as to why I hate District Attorney being an elected position and why I hate their getting higher office as well.

I don't care about Harris. I do care about their 4-point litmus test.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.fa1dcb1f99f7

That doesn't sound particularly smart if true.

Trump, they say, is increasingly acting as his own lawyer, strategist and publicist, often disregarding the recommendations of the professionals he has hired.

“He refuses to sit still,” the presidential adviser said. “He doesn’t think he’s in any legal jeopardy, so he really views this as a political problem he is going to solve by himself.”
    I wonder if it's a defence strategy, give investigators so much to work with that the investigation takes forever and he'll be out of office by the time it's wrapping up
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

My mistake.

The way I read it, the threat is less that Trump won't pay than that Trump will give up in the lawsuit and hand the budget authority over to the GOP-led Congress.

By the way, the US goes bankrupt on Sep. 29. The House won't meet until Labor Day. September won't be great for the stock market.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...nscript-241214

The Wall Street Journal takes another step towards becoming Pravda.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...nscript-241214

The Wall Street Journal takes another step towards becoming Pravda.
    While it's true that we do need news sources that aren't oppositional, I feel that any which echo the term "fake news" are compromised by a determination towards toadyship. We don't need that, he's already got more than enough of it from places like his buddies at the Enquirer and Breitbart.

While it's true that we do need news sources that aren't oppositional, I feel that any which echo the term "fake news" are compromised by a determination towards toadyship. We don't need that, he's already got more than enough of it from places like his buddies at the Enquirer and Breitbart.
    My thoughts exactly. Using those words shows which camp the guy is in.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...al-memo/535725

The Trumpist worldview in a single memo.

At first I thought it was a career staffer writing something provocative which they thought Trump would like in an effort to get direct face-time with POTUS, which is always very sought after in the NSC. But apparently not, it's just a recent hired recommended by Bannon or one of his people and promptly went about creating memos based on the Breitbart party line.

Breitbart worldview perhaps, he's been fired from the White House surely?

At least its morons like this getting fired and not McMaster. It's a good job that there are some sane heads like McMaster's at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Lewk, thoughts on Trump wanting to cut legal immigration levels by half?
    Last edited by Loki; 08-02-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Lewk, thoughts on Trump wanting to cut legal immigration levels by half?
    Not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Not a fan.
    But not a big deal either?

But not a big deal either?
    A care about it a bit more than say transgender bathroom tempest in a teapot stuff but it isn't as big of a deal for me as Taxes, Healthcare, Supreme Court, Crime etc.

I think a comprehensive immigration reform is needed to change the climate it involves:

1. Stronger border security to prevent people from coming over illegally
    2. An end to sanctuary cities
    3. Easier way to become a legal citizen (and yes that means no criminal record, preferential treatment to people who DID NOT immigrate illegally)

By not doing #3 you get people who will lose hope of ever legally coming over and will do so illegally however we still haven't done #1 or #2 properly witch is just as important if not more so in maintaining our national interests when it comes to immigration.

That still doesn't answer the question of what impact we'd see from having 500,000 fewer legal immigrants each year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...304_story.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Transcripts of/notes on some phone-calls between Trump and a couple of foreign leaders.

What the actual fuck.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."