Page 125 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    dammit, I just posted that in the statue thread. Thats what I get for reading oldest first.
    Yes ominous, that's what you get!

https://morningconsult.com/2017/08/3...s-border-wall/

Even with extreme partisanship, polarizing questions and Trump madness, not even a third of voters think this is a good idea. But they're the ones you're gonna hear.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Which side do ya'll think is going to win the dirt bag of Harvey award? Osteen and his church, or Trump and fam?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-state-crimes/

Mueller once again showing how far ahead of Trump he is.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I got the pay wall.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Me, I WANT Trump to pardon someone, because using the pardon power to interfere with an investigation is impeachable obstruction.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

It would but that doesn't answer the question as to how you get the requisite house and senate votes to convict. Doesn't matter if it is guilty if he isn't convicted.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Eh.

Opening with "I’m assuming you’ve been busy thinking about how to answer our questions, so you haven’t seen the news. Do you know whether you daughter, Bridget, has been abducted?” can easily be construed as a threat/claim of action. The security response seems reasonable in light of that.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

It came across as a joke though whether he meant it to or not I'm not sure. He paused awkwardly for the response and the laugh came out slowly and built up. I found that really awkward and cringy like a forced laugh rather than them laughing at him.

It was a good point no doubt written for him. Said by a better orator like Reagan in his prime it could have been a catchy remark.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

John Kelly's reaction to Trump's dumpster fire of a UN speech. His watch time stamps it around the rocket man / total annihilation remarks.

So what?

My bank frequently does the same thing for maintenance. If its scheduled and known about then use it some other time, and most of that outage will be while people are sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    So what?

My bank frequently does the same thing for maintenance. If its scheduled and known about then use it some other time, and most of that outage will be while people are sleeping.
    I can't tell if you're being serious.

I am. Scheduled maintenance if required is better than systems crashing.

I am. Scheduled maintenance if required is better than systems crashing.
    - this appears to be an unreasonable amount of scheduled maintenance.
    - the site has not needed this much scheduled or unscheduled maintenance in two years.
    - this is a disruptive move. There are not many websites that would gladly accept 12 hours of downtime every week.
    - the times are for the eastern time zone. Will be even more disruptive in other parts of the US.
    - the first outage is on the first damn' day of the open enrollment period.

It's just another component of the Trump admin's strategy to sabotage ACA. This is occurring during the 2017 open enrollment period, which has already been shortened by 45 days, after a huge cut to the funding of the outreach programme.

Didn't the website repeatedly crash in previous years? More maintenance may be necessary.

I fail to see how this is more disruptive for other timezones. Midnight to mid-day on Sunday ET would be 9pm to 9am Pacific Time. I would have thought 9pm Saturday night to 9am Sunday morning would not be that disruptive.

Overnight outage on the "first damn' day" is not that unusual when there's a big change or spike in demand, it allows them to work on the system when it updates.

Rand I understand your desire to play devils advocate. It must give your life meaning or something, but for the love of god, please restrict it to subjects and content you at least have a minimal understanding of.

I don't have any understanding of this issue whatsoever, hence why I'm asking what the problem is? Websites I use frequently have overnight weekend downtimes.

There may be some pernicious intent in having scheduled maintenance people can plan around, but I'm not seeing it. Who's not available to ever use a website between mid-day Sunday and midnight Saturday night? Who is restricted to only being available on Sunday mornings?

If the system repeatedly crashes in the 156/168 hours per week it is meant to be available even with the scheduled maintenance then that would be a problem.

Didn't the website repeatedly crash in previous years? More maintenance may be necessary.

I fail to see how this is more disruptive for other timezones. Midnight to mid-day on Sunday ET would be 9pm to 9am Pacific Time. I would have thought 9pm Saturday night to 9am Sunday morning would not be that disruptive.

Overnight outage on the "first damn' day" is not that unusual when there's a big change or spike in demand, it allows them to work on the system when it updates.
    99.99% uptime since 2015.

Only a couple of years ago you were restricted to accessing many government services between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. This website will be up for far more of the week than 24 hours a day supermarkets are open in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    99.99% uptime since 2015.
    Impressive.

Do you have any screenshots or links of these services that go down weekly for half a day? Or are down for 72 hours in 45 days? As has already been quoted from previous WH officials, this is abnormal.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 09-23-2017 at 12:23 PM.

RBS do maintenance every week. This week they will be down from 1am to 6am on Sunday followed by more maintenance midnight to 6am on Monday.

http://personal.rbs.co.uk/personal/service-status.html

Typically from 2 AM to 2:40 AM, in a single time zone. Even the more extensive maintenance outage is 1. infrequent and 2. scheduled for the least active hours in a single time zone. Not at all comparable.

How do you get from scheduled 13 hours per week (which seems to happen every week) to 40 minutes only?

How do you get from scheduled 13 hours per week (which seems to happen every week) to 40 minutes only?
    I'm not sure what you're asking. The link you provided says:

In order to keep our systems up to date, we sometimes need to carry out essential maintenance. So that we don't cause you too much disruption, we do this in the early hours of the morning from 02:00 to 02:40.
    The more extended outage you mentioned is less frequent, shorter and scheduled for the least inconvenient hours.