Page 135 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Btw, "disgraceful" doesn't even begin to evil justice to the farce going on in the senate right now. A huge bill with hundreds of pages' worth of last-minute amendments consisting of special favours delivered as an un-searchable PDF with illegible nonsense scribbled all over it, to be voted on as quickly as possible by people who almost certainly have no damn' clue what they're voting for and who've either deliberately or through incompetence misled the public about the bill's contents (such as it was, because it was basically being workshopped in the Senate until a couple of hours ago). Guys, look, it may be the world's greatest deliberative body, but this is fucked up. Even Dread would have a hard time defending this while sober.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I'm surprised that you continue to stand up for someone who has repeatedly made shit up. Not as a one-off mistake, but consistently. Apparently, because you agree with the general most of what he says, you're willing to ignore the fact the guy peddles in lies and conspiracies.
    Incorrect. I told you previously that I take it for what it is. My objections to your criticism arise from my assessment that your criticism is flawed, not from a belief that Abramson is the prophet of prophets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Supposedly collusion with Russia to influence an election. While it certainly wouldn't surprise me if elements of his campaign did I think its highly unlikely even he would have been that dumb.
    You forgot obstruction of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Btw, "disgraceful" doesn't even begin to evil justice to the farce going on in the senate right now. A huge bill with hundreds of pages' worth of last-minute amendments consisting of special favours delivered as an un-searchable PDF with illegible nonsense scribbled all over it, to be voted on as quickly as possible by people who almost certainly have no damn' clue what they're voting for and who've either deliberately or through incompetence misled the public about the bill's contents (such as it was, because it was basically being workshopped in the Senate until a couple of hours ago). Guys, look, it may be the world's greatest deliberative body, but this is fucked up. Even Dread would have a hard time defending this while sober.
    Can't let the perfect be the enemy of the 'good.' Good not being a good word for a lot of the nonsense going on in it but ultimately Republicans need to honor their pledge of cutting taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Incorrect. I told you previously that I take it for what it is. My objections to your criticism arise from my assessment that your criticism is flawed, not from a belief that Abramson is the prophet of prophets.
    He. Makes. Shit. Up. Which part of that are you missing? Can we not agree to not stoop to Trump's level? And actually rely on reputable sources?

Hope is the denial of reality

Can't let the perfect be the enemy of the 'good.' Good not being a good word for a lot of the nonsense going on in it but ultimately Republicans need to honor their pledge of cutting taxes.
    Way to degrade "honor", huh.

Shocking mistake by ABC. http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/01/medi...ion/index.html

There is a world of difference between Trump as candidate speaking to the Russians, and Trump as President-elect speaking to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I thought it was obvious Flynn's Russia-related stuff took place in December? Not sure where that story even came from.

Was certainly obvious to me. All news I read specifically mentioned this happened in December.

And while you could make a point it's not so bad for a transitioning team to act like that it raises the big question: why did the transition team lie about it (to reporters, to the public, to investigators and potentially under oath)?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Today, I'm very glad Twitter hasn't banned Trump, and that nobody's told him he has the right to remain silent.

And also, Steely... how 'bout her emails??

In emails obtained by the New York Times, transition advisor K.T. McFarland sought to coordinate with other members of the Trump transition team in the wake of sanctions intended to punish the Kremlin for interfering in the U.S. presidential election. “If there is a tit-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown U.S.A. election to him."
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/leaked...tion-for-trump

Yes, that's the one. Unfortunately reported out of context though

E-mails will doom us all.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Trumps lawyer is supposed to have authored the tweet where he incriminated himself some more.

Obligatory:

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I'm pretty sure at this point Trump can't incriminate himself because its obvious he makes shit up as he goes along.

Back on the topic of North Korea:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/03/asia/n...ntl/index.html

Officials think deterrence unlikely to work v a madman.
    Sentence could work for whichever sides officials you like.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    True

Others have argued that NK's leadership isn't as irrational as it's made out to be, but the key question is what US officials believe about their enemy.

Honestly, I'd bet on Kim Jong Un to be the more rational actor here: he has a far higher chance of ending up dead or out of power as a result of any NK/US war. Trump will feel no consequences whatsoever.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

A former American official visited North Korea recently and the main question he was asked was whether Trump is insane.

I guess now they know how they come across the outside world.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Honestly, I'd bet on Kim Jong Un to be the more rational actor here: he has a far higher chance of ending up dead or out of power as a result of any NK/US war. Trump will feel no consequences whatsoever.
    Then he should back down and fold.

That also would make Trump's aggression to NK rational too.

Isn't Game Theory interesting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Would only make Trump rational if he does it on purpose rather than being a benefit, otherwise it's just a positive side effect
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Exclusive: Trump lawyer claims the "President cannot obstruct justice"
    https://www.axios.com/exclusive-trum...514742663.html

Which of you fuckers asked Santa for a constitutional crisis this year?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

to add context and recap the weekend:

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Then he should back down and fold.
    It may be he does not believe he can do this. Odds are he would lose is job (and his life and the lives, or at least privileges, of all his friends and family) as a home political backlash. But even if not, think about it, what does NK the nation and the leadership gain by backing down? They are likely convinced completely that the US and it's allies are bent on destroying NK as an independent nation and reuniting it with SK under SK rule. The most likely way this can be done to them is militarily, since sanctions and isolation do not apparently work, and having a viable nuclear capability protects them from that.

On top of that, the protection they get from the nuclear deterrent gives them a freer hand to act. Whatever their longer term goals are - a more robust economy, reunification with SK under NK rule, greater power/ influence among their neighbors, who knows? - can be moved forward without worrying the US will smack them down.

Why in the world would they stop their sprint to get a nuclear deterrent in place? Because the US might destroy them? Hell, they likely think the US plans to do that anyway, sooner or later, so why give up their one chance at security?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Manafort in trouble for ghostwriting a shady editorial together with a shady Russian intelligence guy.

And just a few hours later, McFarland's in trouble for lying to congress:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/0...testimony.html

More or less.

That being said, the point of bringing up Clinton was to show that in American politics impeachment has nothing to do with guilt or innocence.
    Sure it does. It's just that impeachment is a political process, and congress gets to decide. Clinton was guilty of lying under oath (about a blow job from an intern) but the Senate voted NOT to remove him from office because it didn't have anything to do with national security, or integrity of our elections, etc.

Maybe you're ignoring that not all lies are equal...unless/until it suits your political agenda....just like congress does? That's the root problem.

Questions about that incriminating Tweet: would a lawyer have used the word "pled" (instead of pleaded)?

And if his lawyer lied about writing (or 'dictating') the president's Tweet, who gets *investigated* and possibly indicted/prosecuted, and for what crime?