Page 137 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Makes me wonder if it's a prelude to firing him.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Makes me wonder if it's a prelude to firing him.
    Coming from too broad a front. He wouldn't want to spread it around that far afield ahead of time. Though it could trigger the calculation that the investigation has lost enough support that he can safely act against it. I doubt that's the case but he did fire Comey when it defied all common sense to do so.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

He's going to try and fire Mueller eventually. You think he's just going to sit there and do nothing while he digs through all his dirty laundry?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Coming from too broad a front. He wouldn't want to spread it around that far afield ahead of time. Though it could trigger the calculation that the investigation has lost enough support that he can safely act against it. I doubt that's the case but he did fire Comey when it defied all common sense to do so.
    My interpretation is that the anti-Mueller deluge is intended to show moderately anti-Trump GOP officials that complaining about a Mueller firing would make them unpopular with large swaths of the GOP. If this was just a trial balloon, there wouldn't be so many GOPers pushing it. Trump might have gotten emboldened over Moore's ability to ultimately overcome GOP criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    He's going to try and fire Mueller eventually. You think he's just going to sit there and do nothing while he digs through all his dirty laundry?
    That has a very happy precedent of course: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

The Democrats controlled both houses back then, and the GOP still gave a shit about the rule of law, and their country.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Only about a fifth of GOP congressmen supported impeachment back then.

Back to Mueller:

Good things about Fox: they're fair and balanced, they're honest, they promote conservative values and liberty, they're entertaining and they make liberals cry.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    The Democrats controlled both houses back then, and the GOP still gave a shit about the rule of law, and their country.
    They could after the next midterms too.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    They could after the next midterms too.
    They won't have 2/3 in the Senate.

They won't have 2/3 in the Senate.
    Nor did they under Nixon.

Nixon too was a genuine Republican not an entryist outsider.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Nor did they under Nixon.

Nixon too was a genuine Republican not an entryist outsider.
    It's not at all clear Nixon would be kicked out of office if he didn't resign.

It's pretty clear. He was advised there were enough votes to remove him.

Saying something behind closed doors is not the same as voting against your party's president.

He did say black people were better off before the Civil War.

Edit:

A reminder that it's not just Trump.

Last edited by Loki; 12-11-2017 at 03:55 AM.

If Lindsey's a good boy Santa might give him something awesome for Christmas.

The tragic degradation of the Republican party is like an evil Christmas calendar.

See my edit above. Disgraceful.

Just linked to that in the voter fraud thread. It would be interesting to have conservatives compare their thoughts/feelings about their fellow conservatives at the beginning of the Trump presidency to their thoughts about the same today.

Trump has nothing on the southern wing of the GOP when it comes to disenfranchising minorities.

But honestly though isn't this just the inevitable consequence of liberal media bias and coastal ivory tower elites & affirmative action

He did say black people were better off before the Civil War.

Edit:

A reminder that it's not just Trump.

That is despicable and should be unconstitutional.

I hate wasting my vote on third parties but I think if I was American I'd have to vote Libertarian, I don't see any possible way of supporting the GOP in its present state.

You can bash Graham all you want but there was some shady shit done by the DOJ.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-can-make-call

And by the DNC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.fea1e7599507

To be quite honest I hope a full investigation continues forward for all parties involved. Republicans and Democrats. There is far too much corruption in Washington and I really look forward to people being thrown in prison. I personally don't believe even Trump is stupid enough to directly cooperate with Russia to help swing an election, possibly someone on his campaign may have done so unilaterally but we'll see. It is pretty obvious that Russia would prefer not to deal with a directly antagonistic Clinton white house so them pushing for Trump to win isn't unexpected.

Judges translegislating from the bench:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...581_story.html

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Someone didn't listen to daddy

holy shit, how did I miss that. WHO ADDRESSES THEIR DAUGHTER LIKE THAT?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

On twitter, too.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Look more carefully at the Twitter handle.