Page 138 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,140 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

busted. no wonder i didn't see the tweet the first time around
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Hence my smiley. I thought it was a funny parody - but like the best parodies it seems believable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Well this video is not a joke:

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

After the Democrat beat the paedo in Alabama the Democrats must surely be nailed on to regain at least the Senate in the midterms.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

The theme of the night’s devotions was that Nobody Comes Into Alabama And Tells Us How To Vote. This theme was emphasized by the night’s roster of speakers, which included: a carbuncled vandal from Virginia (Steve Bannon); a failed congressional candidate from Wisconsin (Paul Nehlen); a disgraced sheriff from Wisconsin (David Clarke, Jr.), and a sitting congressman from Texas (Louie Gohmert). They all took turns bashing all the rank outsiders who came into Alabama to campaign for Doug Jones, the Democratic nominee.
    http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...re-last-rally/
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Well this video is not a joke:

Maybe it's the schools? After all, in the US you can graduate from a private "Christian" school that teaches Creationism or Intelligent Design, but not Evolution. You can even get a 'college degree' from Liberty University!

President Snowflake.

The man is incapable of being President. It would be a joke if it wasn't so serious.

Pfeh. Who cares, it's Dickens. Including him in our lit programs is child abuse anyway.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Fake news.

See it from beginning to end.

To clarify, I believe this is absolutely outrageous. The rules clearly stipulate that you're supposed to down a shot if you've done the things he's never done.

Contrary to what some have suggested, white millennial Trump voters were not in more economically precarious situations than non-Trump voters. Fully 86 percent of them reported being employed, a rate similar to non-Trump voters; and they were 14 percent less likely to be low income than white voters who did not support Trump. Employment and income were not significantly related to that sense of white vulnerability.

So what was? Racial resentment.

Even when controlling for partisanship, ideology, region and a host of other factors, white millennials fit Michael Tesler’s analysis, explored here. As he put it, economic anxiety isn’t driving racial resentment; rather, racial resentment is driving economic anxiety. We found, as he has in a larger population, that racial resentment is the biggest predictor of white vulnerability among white millennials. Economic variables like education, income and employment made a negligible difference.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/...-anxiety-study

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    After the Democrat beat the paedo in Alabama the Democrats must surely be nailed on to regain at least the Senate in the midterms.
    I didn't have a chance to challenge this earlier, but I will now. The Dems have a decent chance of taking the House in 2018; the generic Congressional ballot combined with past history on midterms and DJT's high disapproval rating suggests that a lot of marginal districts will swing. But the Senate map is awful for Democrats in 2018. There are only 8 GOP Senate seats up for grabs and 26 Dem seats - that means they need to hold every seat and pick up 2 of the 8 in order to flip the Senate. It's possible, but hard. Six of the seats are Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Mississippi, Texas, and Tennessee. All except Tennessee are being contested by incumbents and they'd be very hard to unseat given the demographics of the states and them not being known pedophiles. Corker's seat in Tennessee is marginally contestable but not very likely.

That leaves Arizona (Flake's seat) and Nevada. They have a chance to at least pick up AZ. That leaves them having to get another seat somewhere and also needing to defend seats in places like North Dakota, West Virginia, Florida, Missouri, Wyoming, etc. - all of which are at least contestable by the GOP.

Even though the margin in the Senate is smaller, they still don't have a great chance of flipping the Senate. Putting a Dem in the Alabama seat gave them a huge boost, but it's by no means a shoo-in.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    I didn't have a chance to challenge this earlier, but I will now. The Dems have a decent chance of taking the House in 2018; the generic Congressional ballot combined with past history on midterms and DJT's high disapproval rating suggests that a lot of marginal districts will swing. But the Senate map is awful for Democrats in 2018. There are only 8 GOP Senate seats up for grabs and 26 Dem seats - that means they need to hold every seat and pick up 2 of the 8 in order to flip the Senate. It's possible, but hard. Six of the seats are Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Mississippi, Texas, and Tennessee. All except Tennessee are being contested by incumbents and they'd be very hard to unseat given the demographics of the states and them not being known pedophiles. Corker's seat in Tennessee is marginally contestable but not very likely.

That leaves Arizona (Flake's seat) and Nevada. They have a chance to at least pick up AZ. That leaves them having to get another seat somewhere and also needing to defend seats in places like North Dakota, West Virginia, Florida, Missouri, Wyoming, etc. - all of which are at least contestable by the GOP.

Even though the margin in the Senate is smaller, they still don't have a great chance of flipping the Senate. Putting a Dem in the Alabama seat gave them a huge boost, but it's by no means a shoo-in.
    I tend to agree but then I never thought Trump would win the primary (until late in the game) and was sure he would lose the election against Clinton. Politics hasn't been as predicable as it normally is.

But his emails.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post

I can't see the GOP regaining any Senate seats in the midterms. In a Presidential election year maybe they might be contestable, but not in the midterms. So that leaves the baseline as 49 (counting the 2 caucusing ones as Democrats).

In a normal year Tennessee should be rock solid for the GOP. With the awful polling for the GOP under DJT at the moment, combined with the fact Corker is retiring I'd put this state as a toss up currently. The Democrats running with their popular former Governor who won every single county in 2006 gives them an edge. http://www.weeklystandard.com/will-t...rticle/2010868

Arizona I'd expect is likely to flip. Trump only carried this state by 4 points and thanks to the Flake-Trump feud its been a state riven by GOP in-fighting. In a Presidential year again I'd expect this to lean red but in a midterm year the Democrats should be able to flip this one.

That leaves Nevada. This is a split swing state that has voted blue in the Presidential election the last couple of votes despite narrowly voting in red Senators. In midterms again this is very vulnerable, the only saving grace for the GOP is that Heller is seeking re-election which should give an incumbency bonus. But again Heller has been feuding with Trump and is facing a primary challenge by a Trumpist. Nevadans rejected Trump in the Presidential election let alone in the midterms so if Tarkanian beats Heller in the primary then I expect the state to definitely flip, if he doesn't then Heller could still lose due to lower turnout by the nutty wing of the GOP.

Of the remaining 6 states I fully expect them all to be safe for the GOP but given the unpopularity of Trump a shock gain by the Democrats shouldn't be ruled out.

Thus my prediction is 51 Democrats to 49 GOP. With a likely range of 50-52 for the Democrats, meaning thanks to Vice-President Pence of course the GOP retains the Senate if it is a 50-50 deadlock.

Trying to figure out what happens if there's a second Arizona opening. Technically, there can't be two openings in one state, but one might be called a special election?

I almost hope the Democrats don't take back any of the chambers because if they do the whole year will be full of references to "youthquake".

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emmaloop/th...1gp#.wteNkXe2g

LOL. To the surprise of no one, expect those who don't really know who she is.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

LOL @ the complaint against calling RT an agent of the Russian government. It might as well be called the Putin Propaganda Channel.

Trump really does employ the best and the brightest.

Last edited by Loki; 12-20-2017 at 11:31 PM.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8123071.html

Damn straight! The way the government went after these people was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Trump really does employ the best and the brightest.

I'm in the first district PPP mentions. I'm familiar with the local polling numbers for Denham, against actual likely opponents. So now I know not to put much stock in that pollster's numbers. I KNOW they're crap/
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

You'd expect different results when polling against a generic Democrat vs. a specific one, no?