Page 139 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You'd expect different results when polling against a generic Democrat vs. a specific one, no?

I wouldn't expect a fifteen point swing though, and that's the minimum, for the most favored democrat. Their poll numbers look very much like what I would expect to see if the only location polled were Modesto, the local city.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

You should send them a nasty email.
    Hope is the denial of reality

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Honestly, I always assumed the 'happy holidays' thing was because Thanksgiving is right next door to Christmas and they were winding both into one greeting.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Ditto. I always viewed it as an Americanism I wouldn't use because of not being American - not because of something anti-American.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Honestly, I always assumed the 'happy holidays' thing was because Thanksgiving is right next door to Christmas and they were winding both into one greeting.
    It's because you don't know whether the person you're interacting with is actually a practicing Christian (a big problem in a place like NYC). Plus Hanukkah (and Kwanzaa for the really dedicated) is roughly at the same time.

I'm not a practicing Christian and I still say Merry Christmas. Many of my friends are like me atheists, or Jewish or Muslim and they'll say Merry Christmas or similar too. I've never heard a single person in real life (as opposed to the deluded rantings of the Daily Heil or American Internet ramblings) object to referencing the most well known cultural holiday of the year.

That'd be like avoiding wishing people a Happy New Year as they might use another calendar. Even my Chinese friends ha e been happy to celebrate New Years Eve.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I'm not a practicing Christian and I still say Merry Christmas. Many of my friends are like me atheists, or Jewish or Muslim and they'll say Merry Christmas or similar too. I've never heard a single person in real life (as opposed to the deluded rantings of the Daily Heil or American Internet ramblings) object to referencing the most well known cultural holiday of the year.

That'd be like avoiding wishing people a Happy New Year as they might use another calendar. Even my Chinese friends ha e been happy to celebrate New Years Eve.
    I'm pretty sure the phrase originated with large businesses (especially malls) who didn't want to offend their clients.

Sensible if people were being offended. Do you know real people who really are offended and why?

Nobody I know in the real world are offended by civilities like Merry Christmas. Over here its extremist loons of the sort who read the Daily Heil ('OMG they're banning Christmas') or the Grauniad ('others may be offended so lets not do this') who seem to be the only issue. If people stopped assuming others take offence and then fitting that into their agenda then that would be an improvement.

When has that ever stopped large corporations? The very possibility that someone somewhere might get offended is usually enough to get some executive a heart attack.

Same as the old GOP, only more overt.

In some ways, yes. But the old GOP would probably call someone saying that about the FBI a traitor.

Lewk, remember when you cared about such things?

This isn't much different then the folks on the left bitching about Comey re-opening the Clinton e-mail case.

No, Lewk, bitching about one person isn't the same as calling for a "purge" of the FBI.

No, Lewk, bitching about one person isn't the same as calling for a "purge" of the FBI.
    Again, you act like its only conservatives who have called for sweeping reform of agencies like the FBI. Hell I'm pretty sure you think a lot of police departments across the country need a 'purge.'

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Again, you act like its only conservatives who have called for sweeping reform of agencies like the FBI. Hell I'm pretty sure you think a lot of police departments across the country need a 'purge.'
    No, Lewk, sweeping reform isn't equivalent to a purge. Words have meanings.

And FYI, the problem with the police is far deeper than personnel.

Indeed it goes as far as the US Constitution.

No, Lewk, sweeping reform isn't equivalent to a purge. Words have meanings.

And FYI, the problem with the police is far deeper than personnel.
    Did you watch the clip? He took pains to say there were a great many good folks at the agency but that the ones that put ends before means should go. Do you think every FBI agent that deliberately mishandled a political investigation should be purged from the FBI ranks? Its a simple question - if there is no wrong doing then obviously no one should be purged. But its rather shocking (especially coming from you) that a law enforcement agency shouldn't even be investigated and bad apples not removed.

What's shocking is that representatives of a party that can't acknowledge the overwhelming evidence of severe problems in the police are now instead fixating on imagined problems in the FBI purely out of a desire to curry favour with the worst POTUS in modern memory and retain the idiot vote. Anyone who buys your lame excuse is about as bright as the people who buy the "vaccine safety" ploy.

Mueller is reportedly zeroing in on the Trump campaign's data operation — and the RNC
    http://www.businessinsider.com/muell...russia-2017-12

Shits about to get real nasty.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    What's shocking is that representatives of a party that can't acknowledge the overwhelming evidence of severe problems in the police are now instead fixating on imagined problems in the FBI purely out of a desire to curry favour with the worst POTUS in modern memory and retain the idiot vote. Anyone who buys your lame excuse is about as bright as the people who buy the "vaccine safety" ploy.
    The problems are different. There is federal oversight of the FBI - they report to the federal government. Police report to the state, county or municipality NOT to the federal government.

Mueller is reportedly zeroing in on the Trump campaign's data operation — and the RNC
    http://www.businessinsider.com/muell...russia-2017-12

Shits about to get real nasty.
    "Facebook said in September that about 25% of the ads purchased by Russians during the election "were geographically targeted," though many analysts have said they find it difficult to believe that foreign entities would have had the kind of granular knowledge of American politics necessary to target specific demographics and voting precincts."

Really? They had access to the DNC info and the Secretary of State's laptop (highly likely).

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    The problems are different. There is federal oversight of the FBI - they report to the federal government. Police report to the state, county or municipality NOT to the federal government.
    The FBI has congressional oversight. And they don't just report to 'the federal government', but are held accountable by elected officials that serve on special committees and subcommittees. You've got a weird way of putting things into binary categories. As if "Police" are only accountable at the state level?

Trump: Even if there was collusion with Russia, 'it’s not a crime'
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ts-not-a-crime

We've reached stage 3 of the Narcissist's Prayer:

That didn’t happen.
    And if it did happen, it wasn’t that bad.
    And if it was that bad, that’s not a big deal.
    And if it is a big deal, that’s not my fault.
    And if it was my fault, I didn’t mean it.
    And if I did mean it…
    You deserved it.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

This is the morning that just keeps giving

Trump fires all members of HIV/AIDS council without explanation
    http://www.washingtonblade.com/2017/...vaids-council/

and to add some filler:
    Pence's inaction, under the guise of "morals" contributed to an HIV outbreak in Indiana
    The terms vulnerable and transgender are both off limits for the CDC
    Trump thinks/claims that all Hatians have AIDs

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Your link doesn't work and I couldn't find any other news outlet reporting this, despite the fact that it should be rather big news.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?