Page 148 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 4846

Thread: TRUMP 2016

  1. #4411
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Are you an actual idiot?

    Do you genuinely not realize that misleading or false propaganda and other forms of disinformation can be damaging? Do you not understand that disinformation can undermine the trust essential to the proper functioning of democratic institutions? Are you truly so thick that you believe disinformation is inconsequential? Do you not value the impartiality of important congressional oversight committees? Please, help me get a better idea of the full extent of your stupidity. I thought I knew, but it appears there are hidden reservoirs of ignorance you have so far hidden from us.
    What was disinformation about the original memo?

    Also LOL there is no impartiality in ANY congressional oversight committee. If you believe there is I have a bridge to sell you...

    I'll ask directly. If there was malfeasance at the FBI and DOJ should that information be released to the public?

  2. #4412
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    What was disinformation about the original memo?
    Perhaps it's a mistake to engage you as if you're acting in good faith rather than engaging in your usual "5-y-o Machiavelli" act.

    1. Misleading (false) claim about McCabe's testimony:

    Last edited by Aimless; 02-13-2018 at 06:02 PM.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  3. #4413
    Local talking head LittleFuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I'm making the point that if you didn't want the Republican memo released you shouldn't want the Democratic memo to now be released. You can either be in favor of both being released or neither. Any other combination is hypocritical.
    Nonsense. I didn't want the GOP memo released. It was just carefully edited and pointless grandstanding and excuse-making. But since it WAS released, I am in favor of the minority also being able to release their own grandstanding material. Lewk, if the Dem memo wasn't even on the radar until the GOP memo was released, how could one be opposed to it? There is no difference between being opposed to both, and being for one of them being released after the other has already released despite your opposition.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  4. #4414
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    What was disinformation about the original memo?
    We already handled your stupidity in the nunes thread. Aimless went above and beyond, but as a reminder:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...too-small.html

    The main claim has scaled back from the "FBI lied" to "reading is hard".

    Good job GOP.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  5. #4415
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,930
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Nonsense. I didn't want the GOP memo released. It was just carefully edited and pointless grandstanding and excuse-making. But since it WAS released, I am in favor of the minority also being able to release their own grandstanding material. Lewk, if the Dem memo wasn't even on the radar until the GOP memo was released, how could one be opposed to it? There is no difference between being opposed to both, and being for one of them being released after the other has already released despite your opposition.
    The argument behind releasing the memo was due to security reasons. If there were no security/intelligence concerns with the original memo than the entire complaint process about it is a waste of time. Congress and oversight panels can push as many memos as they want, it is literally just government officials writing words. There is no drama or concern, it happens all the time.

  6. #4416
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Perhaps it's a mistake to engage you as if you're acting in good faith rather than engaging in your usual "5-y-o Machiavelli" act.

    1. Misleading (false) claim about McCabe's testimony:

    For the first piece - would you be in support of the full transcript of the McCabe testimony being released? Because that would clear the air pretty quickly.

    The second part hinges on the first part. Republicans are claiming McCAbe testimony stated that the Steele Dossier was a critical piece of evidence used with the FISA court, Democrats are stating that isn't true. Both are partisan (obviously) so let's see the testimony. Let the people decide black and white transcript as opposed to having it interpreted for them by biased partisans.

  7. #4417
    Local talking head LittleFuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    The argument behind releasing the memo was due to security reasons. If there were no security/intelligence concerns with the original memo than the entire complaint process about it is a waste of time.

    That certainly wasn't MY argument against it. Don't put words in my mouth.

    Congress and oversight panels can push as many memos as they want, it is literally just government officials writing words. There is no drama or concern, it happens all the time.
    And I'm opposed to them wasting time with grandstanding memos. Particularly since, like most material they put out, it's generally a bunch of self-serving lies and half-truths because they're politicians and they just can't help themselves.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  8. #4418


    This is Nikolas Cruz. He shot up a school yesterday in a neighboring county. He had a history of mental health problems but was allowed to purchase the AR-15 he used to attack the school he was expelled from. My coworker and her kids had just moved out of that district and she was texting several of the students while they were hiding.

    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  9. #4419
    Senior Member GGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,606
    Trump made a big mistake when he didn't even mention GUNS in his public address. He made an even more complicated mistake by referring to mental illness.

    But it's not surprising that a president with no real principles, relying on a party with conflicting principles, would be so tone deaf.

  10. #4420
    https://assets.bwbx.io/documents/use...wUFGxaf6nlA/v0

    Excerpts from the indictments:

    Defendants' operations included supporting the presidential campaign of then-candidate Donald J. Trump ("Trump Campaign") and disparaging Hillary Clinton. Defendants made various expenditures to carry out those activities, including buying political advertisements on social media in the names of U.S. persons and entities. Defendants also staged political rallies inside the United States, and while posing as U.S. grassroots entities and U.S. persons, and without revealing their Russian identities and ORGANIZATION affiliation, solicited and compensated real U.S. persons to promote or disparage candidates. Some Defendants, posing as U.S. persons and without revealing their Russian association, communicated with unwitting individuals associated with the Trump Campaign and with other political activists to seek to coordinate political activities.

    In order to carry out their activities to interfere in U.S. political and electoral processes without detection of their Russian affiliation, Defendants conspired to obstruct the lawful functions of the United States government through fraud and deceit, including by making expenditures in connection with the 2016 U.S. presidential election without proper regulatory disclosure; failing to register as foreign agents carrying out political activities within the United States; and obtaining visas through false and fraudulent statements.

    Defendants and their co-conspirators used their fictitious online personas to interfere with the 2016 U.S. presidential election. They engaged in operations primarily intended to communicate derogatory information about Hillary Clinton, to denigrate other candidates such as Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, and to support Bernie Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump.

    On or about February 10, 2016, Defendants and their co-conspirators internally circulated an outline of themes for future content to be posted to ORGANIZATION-controlled social media accounts. Specialists were instructed to post content that focused on "politics in the USA" and to "use any opportunity to criticize Hillary and the rest (except Sanders and Trump--we support them)."

    From at least April 2016 through November 2016, Defendants and their co-conspirators, while concealing their Russian identities and ORGANIZATION affiliation through false personas, began to produce, purchase, and post advertisements on U.S. social media and other online sites expressly advocating for the election of then-candidate Trump or expressly opposing Clinton. Defendants and their co-conspirators did not report their expenditures to the Federal Election Commission, or register as foreign agents with the U.S. Department of Justice. The political advertisements included the following:

    April 6, 2016 "You know, a great number of black people support us saying that #HillaryClintonlsNotMyPresident"
    April 7, 2016 "I say no to Hillary Clinton / I say no to manipulation"
    April 19, 2016 "JOIN our #HillaryClintonForPrison2016"
    May 10, 2016 "Donald wants to defeat terrorism ... Hillary wants to sponsor it"
    May 19, 2016 "Vote Republican, vote Trump, and support the Second Amendment!"
    May 24, 2016 "Hillary Clinton Doesn't Deserve the Black Vote"
    June 7, 2016 "Trump is our only hope for a better future!"
    June 30, 2016 "#Never Hillary #Hillary F orPrison #Hillary4 Prison #HillaryForPrison2016 #Trump2016 #Trump #Trump4President"
    July 20, 2016 "Ohio Wants Hillary 4 Prison"
    August 4, 2016 "Hillary Clinton has already committed voter fraud during the Democrat Iowa Caucus."
    August 10, 2016 "We cannot trust Hillary to take care of our veterans!"
    October 14, 2016 "Among all the candidates Donald Trump is the one and only who can defend the police from terrorists."
    October 19, 2016 "Hillary is a Satan, and her crimes and lies had proved just how evil she is."

    To pay for the political advertisements, Defendants and their co-conspirators established various Russian bank accounts and credit cards, often registered in the names of fictitious U.S. personas created and used by the ORGANIZATION on social media. Defendants and their coconspirators also paid for other political advertisements using PayPal accounts.

    Beginning in at least 2016, Defendants and their co-conspirators used, without lawful authority, the social security numbers, home addresses, and birth dates ofreal U.S. persons without their knowledge or consent. Using these means of stolen identification, Defendants and their coconspirators opened accounts at a federally insured U.S. financial institution ("Bank I")

    Defendants and their co-conspirators purchased credit card and bank account numbers from online sellers for the unlawful purpose of evading security measures at PayPal, which used account numbers to verify a user's identity. Many of the bank account numbers purchased by Defendants and their co-conspirators were created using the stolen identities of real U.S. persons. After purchasing the accounts, Defendants and their co-conspirators submitted these bank account numbers to PayPal.

    On or about August 18, 2016, the real "Florida for Trump" Facebook account responded to the false U.S. persona "Matt Skiber" account with instructions to contact a member of the Trump Campaign ("Campaign Official l ") involved in the campaign's Florida operations and provided Campaign Official 1's email address at the campaign domain donaldtrump.com.On approximately the same day, Defendants and their co-conspirators used the email address of a false U.S. persona, joshmilton024@gmail.com, to send an email to Campaign Official 1 at that donaldtrump.com email account, which read in part:

    "Hello [Campaign Official l], [w]e are organizing a state-wide event in Florida on August, 20 to support Mr. Trump. Let us introduce ourselves first. "Being Patriotic" is a grassroots conservative online movement trying to unite people offline. . . . [W]e gained a huge lot of followers and decided to somehow help Mr. Trump get elected. You know, simple yelling on the Internet is not enough. There should be real action. We organized rallies in New York before. Now we're focusing on purple states such as Florida." The email also identified thirteen "confirmed locations" in Florida for the rallies and requested the campaign provide "assistance in each location."

    On or about August 24, 2016, Defendants and their co-conspirators updated an internal ORGANIZATION list of over 100 real U.S. persons contacted through ORGANIZATIONcontrolled false U.S. persona accounts and tracked to monitor recruitment efforts and requests. The list included contact information for the U.S. persons, a summary of their political views, and activities they had been asked to perform by Defendants and their co-conspirators.

    Conspiracy to defraud the United States. Wire fraud. Bank fraud. Aggravated identity theft.

    But the big news?
    “From in or around 2014 to the present, Defendants knowingly and intentionally conspired with each other (and with persons known and unknown to the Grand Jury) to defraud the United States by impairing, obstructing, and defeating the lawful functions of the government through fraud and deceit for the purpose of interfering with the U.S. political and electoral processes, including the presidential election of 2016,” the indictment reads.

    This means there is more to come.

    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  11. #4421
    These guys are mentioned directly in the indictment. They're so fucked.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...bars/88076012/
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  12. #4422
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,119
    Looking forward to a long list of "unindicted co-conspirators".
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  13. #4423
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  14. #4424
    Senior Member RandBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    15,104
    QTWAIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  15. #4425
    short explanation of a trump supporter thats been making the rounds, strawman and bigotry included.

    They were supposed to be the next star quarterback or start a hardware store that turns into a national franchise due to their smart business skills, and life would be easy. But they blew out a knee, or they weren't cut out for college, or fairly, couldn't afford to move out of their folk's house. They grew up seeing people they know, the nerds from high school who lived at the bottom of the food chain, move away and do things with their lives, while they were still there, in their hometown, working at an oil refinery or the midnight shift at a gas station off of a barely-used highway, or a plumbing business that has a max customer capacity of 100.

    Don't get me wrong, they're not too bad off. But you don't understand, they're not SUPPOSED to be here. It's not THEIR fault they didn't want to move from their 1000 person town to a city because that's where the jobs are. How can you blame THEM for being underemployed because they might have to start from the bottom or go back to school or—god forbid—join a union?

    No, it's those dirty immigrants they've never met before, from countries they've never been to because they don't leave their home town. It's those liberals who live in the cities, like all those assholes who left town to get good jobs where they were. And since they were destined for greatness and denied it by so many exterior factors already, the news media has to be in on it too! At that point, of course they're hiring actors to play grieving kids, this can't possibly be reality—because if it is, all the people who have told them that guns are good, immigrants are bad, and that they've been robbed from the greatness they deserve are wrong. They have bought into their narrative because it feels good, it removes the responsibility of bad decisions or laziness.

    And since our hypercapitalist society dictates increasing gains and steadily rising success, bad decisions have a tendency to compound, so the narrative has to change every year. It becomes more and more craven, the plot that these GLOBALIST JOB-KILLERS have enacted, because they have to try harder and harder to stop the RIGHTEOUS AMERICANS from winning. That's why they commit false flags, hire actors, empower domestic terrorist organizations like (((ANTIFA))) and stage riots. Because they just can't stand American greatness, or at least, that's what these RIGHTEOUS AMERICANS tell themselves—because if that wasn't true, the reality would break the way they see the world.

    This is the cult of America, where you're either Someone™ or no one.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  16. #4426
    Senior Member GGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,606
    Trump isn't responsible for our failures.

  17. #4427
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,119
    SCOTUS tells WH to talk to the hand:

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...a-case-n851186
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  18. #4428
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    SCOTUS tells WH to talk to the hand:

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...a-case-n851186
    "The Supreme Court's denial Monday was expected, because the justices rarely accept appeals asking them to bypass the lower courts."

  19. #4429
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,119
    And yet they tried.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  20. #4430
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,119
    Kushner loses Top Secret clearance:

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...wngrade-427178

    Too little--because the shady little fucker still has access to sensitive information--and too late--because he's already had access to top secret material for over a year. Honest to god, the mere thought of his existence makes me retch a little.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  21. #4431
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,119
    This isn't surprising but seeing it spelled out inspires so much fremdschämen:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...788_story.html
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  22. #4432
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Kushner loses Top Secret clearance:

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...wngrade-427178

    Too little--because the shady little fucker still has access to sensitive information--and too late--because he's already had access to top secret material for over a year. Honest to god, the mere thought of his existence makes me retch a little.
    I'm curious as to why "the mere thought of his existence makes me retch a little" is such a visceral reaction. Do you think he is worse than Trump?

  23. #4433
    Senior Member GGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,606
    Trump's nepotism and cronyism is gross and disturbing. He cares about personal "loyalty", and his "image", more than anything else. He sucks as Commander in Chief because he refuses to admit that Russia orchestrated a cyber campaign to meddle in our election, and he hasn't directed any agency to do anything about it. He can't say one bad word about Russia or Putin.

    In fact, he's said he believes Putin, against all US intelligence agency reports. WTF?!

  24. #4434
    Resiste et Mords! Steely Glint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I'm curious as to why "the mere thought of his existence makes me retch a little" is such a visceral reaction. Do you think he is worse than Trump?
    More curious about why you're so blase about this whole thing when you're ready to roast any given Democrat (i.e Hillary) for far less.

    I mean, I know why, but I'm curious about how you explain it to yourself.
    Truth serves them
    Embrace and defend her case
    Part flattery, part threats
    "For those who cling to this domination will partake in its fall"


  25. #4435
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I'm curious as to why "the mere thought of his existence makes me retch a little" is such a visceral reaction. Do you think he is worse than Trump?
    Trump I can understand to some extent. Sufficiently many fools voted for him, his weaknesses and shadiness are obvious and the US currently has little choice but to accept him. Kushner is a creepy-looking weasel-snake-hybrid mofo who's suspected of incompetence and shadiness of unknown magnitude, has not been voted into office, is known to have lied repeatedly to officials about important matters and has still for some unfathomable reason been allowed to prance around looking at top secret info and playing at being a foreign policy bigshot. He is not only revolting in his own right but also as a symbol of how fucked up the US govt is right now.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  26. #4436
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,119
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  27. #4437
    The trump communities, especially the_donald, are in full blown meltdown mode after his almost rational comments concerning gun control. Hundreds of posts and long time users have been removed or banned. I'm wondering if its the nazis banning the russians, or the russians banning the nazis?

    Either way its amazing to watch the inevitability of extremism.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  28. #4438
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    5,750
    I especially liked Colbert's summary: "He's coming for your guns!"

    I mean, not even Obama had proposed seizing the guns first and then going through the legal process to get them back.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  29. #4439
    projection. its always been about projection with that party.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  30. #4440
    Resiste et Mords! Steely Glint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,509
    Every accusations is a confession with these fuckers
    Truth serves them
    Embrace and defend her case
    Part flattery, part threats
    "For those who cling to this domination will partake in its fall"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •