Page 151 of 171 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Civil cases do have a lower burden of proof. But it strikes me as mainly a way to show the base that something is being done.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Trump publicly brushed a 'flake of dandruff' off French president Macron's shoulder (and announced it to the microphones). Nice way to begin the first State dinner, as a gracious host, huh. And as chief diplomat and statesman, he didn't invite any congressional Democrats. MAGA?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Trump publicly brushed a 'flake of dandruff' off French president Macron's shoulder (and announced it to the microphones). Nice way to begin the first State dinner, as a gracious host, huh. And as chief diplomat and statesman, he didn't invite any congressional Democrats. MAGA?
    That's the least offensive thing about his foreign policy. In fact it seemed like the two got along decently well.

I was commenting on Trump's lack of decorum, not his foreign policy (whatever the hell that is)

I was commenting on Trump's lack of decorum, not his foreign policy (whatever the hell that is)
    Him saying one thing while his staff say another is the real piece of bull shit. How can people negotiate if they don't know if the ambassador, SOS, etc even have the scoop because the Pres changed his mind in the last 12 hours.

It never ceases to amaze me how people get some upset about Trump's petty stuff that really doesn't matter when he has done things that do matter that suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Him saying one thing while his staff say another is the real piece of bull shit. How can people negotiate if they don't know if the ambassador, SOS, etc even have the scoop because the Pres changed his mind in the last 12 hours.

It never ceases to amaze me how people get some upset about Trump's petty stuff that really doesn't matter when he has done things that do matter that suck.
    You previously said his <signing> "tax cuts" and judicial nominations were enough.

You previously said his <signing> "tax cuts" and judicial nominations were enough.
    To be preferable over Hillary Clinton.

Has anyone else noticed that while Obama was president, every time the Unemployment Rate dropped, pretty much every news mouth was careful to note that it wasn't really that low -- that rate was driven artificially down because people had stopped looking for jobs. Now, ever since the first labor report of Trump's term, nobody says a word about that. Unemployment Rates in Obama's presidency were artificially low, but Trump's are apparently not, and it changed on a dime. WTF?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

First, thanks. Good info. Second, holy shit 60.4 % employment! Third, regardless of the numbers themselves, I was really commenting on a perceived inconsistency between reporting on Obama era employment numbers vs. Trump era. Seems that during Obama, the numbers were heavily downplayed, while in the Trump era they are not.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Look at the graph. During early-era Obama it was worth commenting on as the collapse following the recession was at an unprecedented level. There's often been peaks and troughs but never in the post-war period did such a dramatic collapse happen. Not that it would be Obama's fault, the recession and resulting aftermath started under W Bush.

Now its not worth commenting on as the employment ratio is actually increasing not decreasing. You've had about six consecutive years of increasing employment ratio now. In addition the growth is gradual and consistent rather than dramatic so although the ratio is still well below the pre-recession peak it has been consistently increasing for years now which isn't really newsworthy.

If you were to factor in the fact that the employment ratio is increasing under second-term Obama and Trump then the employment figures are better than without taking that into account actually - and that's not news. The Trump era (and late Obama era) numbers can't be downplayed by talking about those dropping out as actually people are now re-entering the market rather than dropping out.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    First, thanks. Good info. Second, holy shit 60.4 % employment! Third, regardless of the numbers themselves, I was really commenting on a perceived inconsistency between reporting on Obama era employment numbers vs. Trump era. Seems that during Obama, the numbers were heavily downplayed, while in the Trump era they are not.
    I don't know, every employment report I've heard in the Trump era talks about how wages aren't really growing despite low unemployment and modestly rising participation. That's odd for an economy ostensibly at full employment, and points to underlying weakness. I also hear plenty of talk about how productivity growth is pretty anemic. Again, lots of qualifiers on the 'Trump' economy.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Very similar remarks are made about the British figures too for what its worth. There does seem to have been on both sides of the pond a jobs recovery without productivity or wage growth.

Its to easy for people to blame the failure of trickle down on wages not increasing at this point, what with the massive joke of a tax cut plan we passed.

But there are still people pointing out your concern eyekhan, this was in Forbes yesterday.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikshe.../#5aa74d4f408b
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

The real takeaway is that Trump didn't believe any good numbers under Obama (Fake News, rigged system) yet when the same agencies, using the same methods, have good numbers under Trump it's cause for celebration, and he'll take all the credit.

Lack of decorum isn't 'petty stuff', at least not in the world of international relations and diplomacy. Offending or embarrassing a head of state isn't just tacky, it can be taken as a sign of disrespect that seeps into negotiations. But at least you admit that Trump has done things that suck -- like not keeping his administration informed, or on the same page, or changing his mind on impulse.

I'd go a step further and say his administration is a mess. His campaign promise was to surround himself with "the best people" while he "drained the swamp", and there would be no lobbyists (it would be so easy!. But reality is much more complicated than he expected, like reforming Healthcare (who knew?) and his incompetence is glaring.

Why is Pruitt still head of the EPA?

Senate Intel Committee: Russian hackers were in a position to delete or alter voter registration date in the 2016 election.

https://www.burr.senate.gov/imo/medi...ings,Recs2.pdf
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/1...nce-zamel.html

At this point I think we need a dedicated thread for this stuff.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Senate Intel Committee: Russian hackers were in a position to delete or alter voter registration date in the 2016 election.

https://www.burr.senate.gov/imo/medi...ings,Recs2.pdf
    Some serious accusations there. Good thing Obama told us there was no voter fraud.

That isn't voter fraud?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Some serious accusations there. Good thing Obama told us there was no voter fraud.
    The last sentence said no individual votes or aggregate vote totals were (or appeared to be) manipulated.

But there was hacking that changed some voter registration data. That might explain why some people had problems at polling stations, and were required to cast "provisional" ballots until things could be sorted out. Combined with state changes in voter ID laws, some people probably didn't vote at all, even though they were eligible.

Trump hasn't fully acknowledged the hacking, let alone made it a priority to prevent it from happening again! Instead, he wasted time and resources on a commission to investigate those *millions of votes he was convinced were fraudulent*, because he lost the popular vote.

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Aaaaaaaand he blew it. Moron.

I wonder what they'll do with the coins they already printed to celebrate a successful North Korea-US summit.

I mean, the idiot wanted a peace summit, then didn't reign his people in and also, for some idiotic reason, held a joint military maneuver near NK. And then promptly wonders why Kim Jong Un doesn't like being threatened.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I can't decide if I want to give credit to china and north korea for playing this idiot like the damn fool he is, or split the credit between Bolton's assholery and Trump's mouth in screwing this up in a way only they could.

Expected outcome. Better than failure at the summit level. The cock-up was already established, there was no way this would've ended as anything but a cock-up.

Trump's statements these past couple of weeks make it clearer than ever before just how fucked up Lewk's continued support of Trump is. He's surrendered the core values of his nation for a temporary tax cut of questionable value and the vain hope of corrupting the judiciary. These people truly are the saddest fucking jackasses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.ea819866ba47

Friday morning, a reporter shouted a question to the president about a his wife’s whereabouts as he prepared to board Marine One to attend the Naval Academy commencement.

According to a pool report, President Trump responded by pointing to a window in the White House residence, and said: “She’s doing great. She’s looking at us right there.”

Reporters turned to look at the spot he indicated, but there was no sign of the first lady.

The whole blaming Dems for breaking up families is the real here. One would figure the delporables that make up his base would celebrate such a move.

No I think what he's referring to is that the families should be kept together by deporting the entire family without due process and even if the child is by birth a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    No I think what he's referring to is that the families should be kept together by deporting the entire family without due process and even if the child is by birth a citizen.
    If the parent/child bond is so great... why isn't the entire family moving to Mexico with the deported person? Answer: Mexico is a shit hole and the deported person will be back in a month tops because our border is porous.