Page 156 of 171 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,680 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

That's a bad idea.

Everyone knows you should never have your boss round for dinner.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Just like you never go A.T.M. Not once. Not ever. Everyone knows this.

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Hey Americans y'all elected a fucking moron.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I've got the feeling of deja vu all over again ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

This is what impunity looks like.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

That takes some cheek!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

All Russia has to do now is interfere in the 2020 election on seemingly on the Democrats' behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    All Russia has to do now is interfere in the 2020 election on seemingly on the Democrats' behalf.
    "seemingly" wouldn't work. They have to obvious about it. Then trump can push to ignore or invalidate the blue wave he is facing.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

"The European Union is coming to Washington tomorrow to negotiate a deal on Trade. I have an idea for them. Both the U.S. and the E.U. drop all Tariffs, Barriers and Subsidies! That would finally be called Free Market and Fair Trade! Hope they do it, we are ready - but they won’t!"

Assuming Trump is being legitimate (not saying he is) why wouldn't the EU want this?

Don't negotiate with economic terrorists.

Don't negotiate with economic terrorists.
    Except they are actually sitting down negotiating...

Yeah, like people do with North Korea.

Yeah, like people do with North Korea.
    You still haven't answered. If Trump is being legitimate would a complete dropping of all tariffs between America and the EU be supported by the EU?

Doesn't have to be that long. Trump is going to say they interfered to help Democrats win Congressional seats in 2018 no matter what.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Doesn't have to be that long. Trump is going to say they interfered to help Democrats win Congressional seats in 2018 no matter what.
    Sorry, yes, I meant 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    "The European Union is coming to Washington tomorrow to negotiate a deal on Trade. I have an idea for them. Both the U.S. and the E.U. drop all Tariffs, Barriers and Subsidies! That would finally be called Free Market and Fair Trade! Hope they do it, we are ready - but they won’t!"

Assuming Trump is being legitimate (not saying he is) why wouldn't the EU want this?
    Because absolutely unfettered free trade without any degree of regulatory normalization is a disaster in the making. And in this particular case, even ignoring that he doesn't really mean it, it would give POTUS (or the EU but since this is Trump and we've already seen what his idea of "free trade" looks like with Canada, mostly POTUS) a stick to threaten the EU with due to the disruption and damage which would be caused be even threatening to reimpose barriers afterwards. The horrendously large number of parties involved isn't the only reason the WTO's efforts to reduce barriers moves at such a sclerotic pace. It's also because for it to be sustainable, such policies need to be implemented gradually and incrementally.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

it is with a heavy heart i must inform you that the repubs are at it again
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ion-night-2016

2016-11-09T00:42:44-05:0012:42 AM ET
    It really does now look like President Donald J. Trump, and markets are plunging. When might we expect them to recover?

Frankly, I find it hard to care much, even though this is my specialty. The disaster for America and the world has so many aspects that the economic ramifications are way down my list of things to fear.

Still, I guess people want an answer: If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never.

Under any circumstances, putting an irresponsible, ignorant man who takes his advice from all the wrong people in charge of the nation with the world’s most important economy would be very bad news. What makes it especially bad right now, however, is the fundamentally fragile state much of the world is still in, eight years after the great financial crisis.

It’s true that we’ve been adding jobs at a pretty good pace and are quite close to full employment. But we’ve been doing O.K. only thanks to extremely low interest rates. There’s nothing wrong with that per se. But what if something bad happens and the economy needs a boost? The Fed and its counterparts abroad basically have very little room for further rate cuts, and therefore very little ability to respond to adverse events.

Now comes the mother of all adverse effects — and what it brings with it is a regime that will be ignorant of economic policy and hostile to any effort to make it work. Effective fiscal support for the Fed? Not a chance. In fact, you can bet that the Fed will lose its independence, and be bullied by cranks.

So we are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight. I suppose we could get lucky somehow. But on economics, as on everything else, a terrible thing has just happened.

////////LOL//////////

That's one article that didn't age well.

Doesn't he have people to do this sort of thing?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

DoJ admits Trump lied in a speech to Congress:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/justice-...t-trump-speech

Trump's lawyers lied to Mueller to help protect Trump against an obstruction charge:

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/0...en-he-knew-it/

(they claimed Trump had no idea Flynn was under investigation when he asked Comey to let Flynn go)

The mental gymnastics the trumpster morons are using to justify Trump's claim that we need an ID to buy groceries is simply
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Trump is publicly calling for his AG to shut down an investigation in which his own campaign is implicated and from which said AG has recused himself. But, you know, fuck laws and ethical standards. Let's get the immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    snip

That's one article that didn't age well.
    Why not? Trump's Tariffs and quasi-trade wars have caused harm, especially to farmers. So he proposes a multi-billion dollar farm bail-out, which they don't want (Golden Crutches). But what about the other producers and exporters, hmm? He calls Harley-Davidson a traitor. Then he criticizes the Federal Reserve for raising interest rates slightly, something presidents are NOT supposed to do. And now his Treasury Dept. is "considering" how to bypass congress in order to give another tax break to the rich, by changing the definition of "cost basis" in capital gains.

Trump believes only HE can make the best deals, and he expects to do that unilaterally. He rips up multi-lateral trade deals, ignores WTO rules, misuses/abuses a loophole about "national security" to threaten our allies....

Since we've put an irresponsible and ignorant man in charge of the world's greatest economy, who thinks the presidency gives him ultimate authority, alongside a feckless congress.....how is that NOT bad news?

Major paper for the area is getting sick of Trump's and the GOP's bullshit

Click to view the full version