Page 33 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Pretty sure there are millions of people in this country who could chosen to run against Clinton today and have a higher chance of winning than Trump. That's a rather low threshold. But Cruz is liked by no one and is too extreme ideologically to win the presidency. In fact, if I recall correctly, Trump was polling better against Clinton than was Cruz.
    We'll agree to disagree then. The people who disliked Cruz specifically were establishment Republican figures who voters from all parties now despise. On most issues Cruz and Rubio were similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    We'll agree to disagree then. The people who disliked Cruz specifically were establishment Republican figures who voters from all parties now despise. On most issues Cruz and Rubio were similar.
    The issues only matter so much. Rubio was viewed as being more moderate (and positioned himself in that way), even if his voting record didn't reflect that moderation. Ditto for Kasich. But likability in particular would have doomed Cruz. He's hated by everyone he's ever worked with. He comes off as a slimy backstabber. This would have cost him some Republican votes, and he sure as hell wouldn't have picked up any Democratic or independent one. But as you say, this doesn't matter anymore. For the sake of the GOP and this country, Trump needs to be demolished. I'm talking 100 electoral votes. People and politicians need to understand that his campaign strategy is not acceptable in America.
    Hope is the denial of reality

All right, what would increase Trump's chances of winning from ca. 20% to something higher and more terrifying?

Low turnout among Democrats in red states and/or swing states?

Comparatively high levels of support for third party candidates in key states?

Good choice of VP?

Clinton having a stroke?

What can happen or be done to make this election a close one?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Low turnout among Democrats in red states and/or swing states?
    Inconceivable. If anything, he's riling up minorities, who are going to come out and vote against him in record numbers. Meanwhile, a larger than normal segment of GOP voters will stay at home, despising both of the choices.

Comparatively high levels of support for third party candidates in key states?
    The third parties seem to steal Democrats and Republicans at a similar rate. If this became a close race, there would also be more urgency for the lapsed Democrats to "come home" than there would for Trump-hating Republicans.

Good choice of VP?
    VP choices matter very little. And I doubt Trump makes a good choice anyway.

Clinton having a stroke?
    He'd probably get beaten by a Clinton corpse.

What can happen or be done to make this election a close one?
    I thought terrorism would help Trump, but his reaction to the Orlando attack only made him more unpopular. Perhaps something that fundamentally undermined people's faith in the political system. Or a massive recession that starts right before the election.

I thought terrorism would help Trump, but his reaction to the Orlando attack only made him more unpopular. Perhaps something that fundamentally undermined people's faith in the political system. Or a massive recession that starts right before the election.
    Possibly a successful terrorist attack that came through our southern border is really the only thing I see in terms of major events that could give him a realistic chance.

How do you top Trump? By claiming white superiority when justifying lack of minorities in your party. After you get photographed with a Confederate flag despite representing a Union state.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-civilization/

Trump is gonna win by copying all of Mr. & Mrs. Obamas' campaign speeches

It worked for Obama copying JFK's
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2008...arism-scandal/

The first night of the RNC seems to have been terrifying beyond all expectations

Quote Originally Posted by twitter
    Melania has responded:
    Quote Originally Posted by melania
    "These accusations of plagiarism are not only hurtful to me, but they are hurtful to my children Sasha and Malia."

Will the Great Trumpese Wall be seen from space?
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Politics is THAT generic, that even if you copy what others did, you will not be accused of piracy.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by ar81 View Post
    Politics is THAT generic, that even if you copy what others did, you will not be accused of piracy.
    She is being lambasted for plagiarism all over the internet. Just not by her own camp

She is being lambasted for plagiarism all over the internet. Just not by her own camp
    Yeah... Work, dreams, will, integrity, family... scramble these words and you get a low IQ speech. I would not say it was written by a genius, even the first time. I cannot imagine myself being accused for such a generic use of words.

I do not see FBI after a copyright infringement there...

Quote Originally Posted by ar81 View Post
    Yeah... Work, dreams, will, integrity, family... scramble these words and you get a low IQ speech. I would not say it was written by a genius, even the first time. I cannot imagine myself being accused for such a generic use of words.

I do not see FBI after a copyright infringement there...
    Just to be clear you are the same man who very recently wrote that post about boobs, right? Yes?

I don't think this level of plagiarism falls under the FBI's purview.

One good thing has come out of this though:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/FamousMe...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

What I find most amusing is how anyone thinks any politician writes their own speeches. The general idea may be the politicians (maybe...) but there are a ton of behind the scene folks actually writing it and editing it.

What I find most amusing is how anyone thinks any politician writes their own speeches. The general idea may be the politicians (maybe...) but there are a ton of behind the scene folks actually writing it and editing it.
    No-one really thinks that except those who took Melania Trump's word for it when she said she did

To be honest both speeches sounded rather like "motherhood and apple pie" guff. Certainly seems plagiarised but either way it's not exactly unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Democrats of the USA, be worried, be very worried. Don't believe he can't win because you can't believe he could win.
    He has no natural base. He has no campaign infrastructure. He doesn't have good advisors. No chance he wins the primary.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    ... He uses his money and media presence to buy attention, it's not like it has meaning, anymore than the Kardashians do. And he'll get about as far.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I don't think he's the best by a long shot, he just has one of the most well-known names. Once the decision starts to become serious he'll be just a flash in the pan I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    I'm betting that all he has going for him. Most Americans do not follow politics like we do, so as the debates go on, we will see his numbers drop.
    Trump will begin to melt down as some of the candidates drop off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    You can call it a circus only because you are watching Trump snap the whip at Republicans. They usually stop the show when the whip rips the skin off the creature...Trump is not so kind. I also see the Democratic party disintigrating. This may be the most enjoyable election cycle in my life.

Just a few highlights from this thread. Looks like Hazir wins.

As for myself, I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Well, I could always get a job in the UK. What's your exit strategy?

Well, I could always get a job in the UK. What's your exit strategy?
    Trump advisor.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

His only advisor is his ego.

A very depressing series of events when Hazir has better analysis of American politics than all of us Americans.

Sometimes, it helps to have some distance from events.

They forgot to append the letter with #famousmelaniatrumpquotes though

The internet seems to have doubts as to whether or not this Meredith McIver is a real person. I'm convinced her real name Harold N. Bornstein.

'hysteria' I have to admit the Trump troll team is awesome at times.

The devil in me thinks it would be funny to see Trump win (from the other side of the Atlantic) because it would be hilarious to see the apoplexy that would cause in some.

But this isn't a joke, POTUS needs a serious person and we don't need a troll in the White House.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Well, that party convention exploded rather spectacularly.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36851979
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Trump is also now talking about not honouring NATO commitments
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Well, that party convention exploded rather spectacularly.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36851979
    Oh man Newt and his tap dancing skills was kinda funny.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...ed-cruz-225936

""I had the text of what Ted Cruz was gonna say, and I thought it was funny," Gingrich said. "I mean, Ted gets up and he says, 'Look, vote your conscience for someone who will support the Constitution.' Well, in this particular election year, that by definition cannot be for Hillary Clinton."

"So in a very strange way, for a guy who's a Princeton Harvard graduate, he backed into ... he has to be for Trump, because by Ted Cruz’s own standard, there’s no other candidate that fits the criteria Ted Cruz set up."
    Gingrich spoke after Cruz, following an interlude from Eric Trump, and he appeared to clean up after the Texas senator snubbed Trump.

"To paraphrase Ted Cruz, if you want to protect the Constitution of the United States, the only possible candidate this fall is the Trump-Pence Republican ticket," Gingrich said -- stretching the meaning of the word "paraphrase" to he breaking point.
    But that's not quite what was loaded into Gingrich's teleprompter, according to reporters in the hall. The original line read: "Senator Ted Cruz in particular made the key point that we need to elect the Trump-Pence Republican ticket."
    "

"Paraphrase" LOL