Page 4 of 171 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP 2016

How is allowing men and women who want to serve their nation to do so a "social experiment"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

He thinks that explicitly allowing openly transgender men and women in the military will impact soldiers' performance eg. because of seeing dicks in surprising places
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

The modern professional US army must be rather unprofessional if that's the case. God forbid that someone serves their nation if they have a dick/don't.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Reminded me of this (what the admiral says):

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    The modern professional US army must be rather unprofessional if that's the case. God forbid that someone serves their nation if they have a dick/don't.
    Its extremely unprofessional, especially concerning the lower ranks.
    In 2012 the Pentagon says about 26 thousand enlisted members were assaulted, of that only 3 thousand were reported.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 08-10-2015 at 05:40 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Reminded me of this (what the admiral says):
    This is still very relevant. The higher ups in the military may act more professional (or trained as the admiral says), but that doesn't stop them from being giant assholes, bigots or sexist. The career guys are still (mentally) operating under the Dont Ask Dont Tell policy. Hell, some of them were around before women were allowed in combat positions.

Double post cause the youtube wouldn't load at work when I first replied.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I find it amusing that the same people who thrive on telling others that they're going to hell get offended when someone uses the same tactic against them.
    Hope is the denial of reality

While I've wanted our political process to be more than a two-party system dominated by money....it seems a bloviating billionaire, running as a Republican, is repeating the old truisms of money as power. Trump appeals to angry, white, male sentiments, and populism. If he doesn't get the Republican nomination......he might run as an Independent.

That's probably the worst way to justify public policy, but it highlights the problems within our system.

Except Trump hasn't spent all that much money.

Trump has the name recognition and is saying controversial stuff, why waste money when he gets all the publicity he needs for that? The media love a circus.

I'm betting that all he has going for him. Most Americans do not follow politics like we do, so as the debates go on, we will see his numbers drop.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    I'm betting that all he has going for him. Most Americans do not follow politics like we do, so as the debates go on, we will see his numbers drop.
    Not all. He can't be bought is one of his rallying cries.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Not all. He can't be bought is one of his rallying cries.
    Not sure what that has to do with what I posted.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Not sure what that has to do with what I posted.
    "I'm betting that all he has going for him." in reference to Rand's comment regarding media circus.

Trump will begin to melt down as some of the candidates drop off. He's got a long history of being a supporter of Democrats. He's used eminent domain like a big government thug. He's got a history of scandals. He makes enemies very quickly - and for no particular reason either. Get mad at debate question? There's a right way and a wrong way to make that complaint, he absolutely chose the wrong way to do it. Bottom line is that he isn't Presidential material for any conservative (or libertarian) who has really looked at him. The fact that he won't even pledge not to run as an Independent shows just how much contempt he has for the Republican party. He is completely self centered and a giant publicity whore.

"I'm betting that all he has going for him." in reference to Rand's comment regarding media circus.
    I don't see how what you wrote contradicts what I wrote either. Silly rallying cries are part and parcel of a media circus.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I don't see how what you wrote contradicts what I wrote either. Silly rallying cries are part and parcel of a media circus.
    Really? You hear any other candidates saying that? You can call it a circus only because you are watching Trump snap the whip at Republicans. They usually stop the show when the whip rips the skin off the creature...Trump is not so kind. I also see the Democratic party disintigrating. This may be the most enjoyable election cycle in my life.

Why would other candidates say the same thing as a clown is saying?

IMO, this is just more proof that the Republican party has an identity crisis, AND that our two-party political process is totally fucked up.

Go go USA

What about the current process is totally fucked up? Other than it not bringing about your desired outcome.

Campaign financing.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Campaign financing.
    How would you fix it? Restrict the amount of money that people can donate it? Because then Trump has a huge advantage...

Why is it that liberals just love to restrict speech any chance they get?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    How would you fix it? Restrict the amount of money that people can donate it? Because then Trump has a huge advantage...

Why is it that liberals just love to restrict speech any chance they get?
    I'd overturn the 'Citizens United' decision that gave carte blanche to Super Pacs, and remind "conservatives" of their "liberal" (aka libertarian) principles.

...Why is it that liberals just love to restrict speech any chance they get?
    How long now has money been equated with speech? Funny that Republicans are just starting to dislike the concept. Trump 1 Republicans 0. I don't expect the money = speech to last much beyond my death.

How long now has money been equated with speech? Funny that Republicans are just starting to dislike the concept. Trump 1 Republicans 0. I don't expect the money = speech to last much beyond my death.
    Political speech is probably the most important type of speech that needs to be protected. I swear its like fascism is back in style.

Political speech is probably the most important type of speech that needs to be protected. I swear its like fascism is back in style.
    You are out speeched this election cycle. That's gotta suck, eh. Trump ain't giving none of his to you this time around. Enjoy the speech from the Kochs cause that's the most you're likely to get.

and Trump wants to challenge the US Constitution, without going through the judicial process, so that people borne in the US aren't citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    I'd overturn the 'Citizens United' decision that gave carte blanche to Super Pacs, and remind "conservatives" of their "liberal" (aka libertarian) principles.
    What is it about campaign finance reform that is inherently libertarian?