Page 50 of 171 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    She was a freaking defense attorney. Furthermore, she was pressured into taking this case. You're being conspiracy theorist bad now.
    Its mostly the laughing about it after the fact. And you know, this is a good reason not to become a defense attorney. I just want Clinton to say "Do you think your client was guilty or non-guilty?" Followed by "Now that you think he was 'innocent' do you think getting him to plea guilty was just?" Or "Now that you think he was guilty, do you think his punishment was appropriate for child rape?" Just simple questions. I won't even demand "so why did you find the case so funny?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    This might be a reason for the prosecution but since when do defense lawyers give a shit about the victim and/or the victim's family?
    The point is that the plea deal was actively and fervently endorsed by the victim's mother. Do you want to throw the mother under the bus too, for letting the alleged rapist get away? How about the prosecutor who offered the deal? You wanna throw him under the bus for letting the alleged rapist get away? How about the judge?

It's bizarre that you decide to only go after the person who's required--by law and by the ethical code of conduct of her profession--to represent her client's interests and rights to the best of her ability, under the presumption of innocence, against the prosecution whose task it is to prove the defendant's guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

Defense attorneys have a duty towards the law as well as to their clients, but they are people too. Public defenders often defend their clients less enthusiastically than do better-paid private attorneys (although they may do better than court-appointed private attorneys). Even private attorneys often encourage their clients to accept deals, for various reasons (presumably most often because they believe it to be in their client's best interest). I haven't seen any studies on how well attorneys do when they believe their client to be guilty, but they tend to do a slightly worse job when they don't have all the necessary facts.

Its mostly the laughing about it after the fact. And you know, this is a good reason not to become a defense attorney.
    You know what might be a good reason to be a public defender? Helping defendants get justice and to uphold the law so that a person isn't screwed over by the justice system just because he happens to be poor and black. In the long run society benefits and justice is more likely to be done.

Of course, Clinton was very reluctant to take on this client but was required to do so anyway. But we know how you feel about inconvenient details or about exercising the literacy I believe you are in possession of in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

[Prosecuting attorney Mahlon Gibson] called me to tell me an indigent prisoner accused of raping a twelve-year-old girl wanted a woman lawyer. [Prosecutor Mahlon] Gibson had recommended that the criminal court judge, Maupin Cummings, appoint me. I told Mahlon I really didn’t feel comfortable taking on such a client, but Mahlon gently reminded me that I couldn’t very well refuse the judge’s request.

That assertion was backed up by the prosecuting attorney, Mahlon Gibson, as noted in a 2008 Newsday article about the case:

[...]

“Hillary told me she didn’t want to take that case, she made that very clear,” recalls prosecutor Gibson, who phoned her with the judge’s order.

Gibson said that it is “ridiculous” for people to question how Clinton became Taylor’s representation.

“She got appointed to represent this guy,” he told CNN when asked about the controversy.

According to Gibson, Maupin Cummings, the judge in the case, kept a list of attorneys who would represent poor clients. Clinton was on that list and helped run a legal aid clinic at the time.

Taylor was assigned a public defender in the case but Gibson said he quickly “started screaming for a woman attorney” to represent him.

Gibson said Clinton called him shortly after the judge assigned her to the case and said, “I don't want to represent this guy. I just can't stand this. I don't want to get involved. Can you get me off?”

“I told her, ‘Well contact the judge and see what he says about it,’ but I also said don't jump on him and make him mad,” Gibson said. “She contacted the judge and the judge didn't remove her and she stayed on the case.”
    Like I said, you're getting more embarrassing by the day.

I just want Clinton to say "Do you think your client was guilty or non-guilty?" Followed by "Now that you think he was 'innocent' do you think getting him to plea guilty was just?" Or "Now that you think he was guilty, do you think his punishment was appropriate for child rape?" Just simple questions.
    Well, that's a somewhat archaic way of admitting your own questions are the dumb questions of a simpleton.

That being said, I believe she has indicated that she came to believe that her client was, at the very least, lying to her. This is also suggested by her remark about her client passing the polygraph. Your question, being stupid, misses the point. The question isn't whether or not his punishment was appropriate for raping a child. The question is whether or not his punishment was appropriate for what the prosecution could prove that he did.

The irony of having this discussion with a man who regularly casts doubts on people making rape allegations is just staggering.
    Last edited by Aimless; 10-09-2016 at 07:28 PM.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Nigel Farage says trump comments just 'alpha male boasting'

Nigel Farage is a piece of shit.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Its mostly the laughing about it after the fact. And you know, this is a good reason not to become a defense attorney. I just want Clinton to say "Do you think your client was guilty or non-guilty?" Followed by "Now that you think he was 'innocent' do you think getting him to plea guilty was just?" Or "Now that you think he was guilty, do you think his punishment was appropriate for child rape?" Just simple questions. I won't even demand "so why did you find the case so funny?"
    Got to love your complete contempt for the legal system. Defense attorneys are bad (as long as they defend guilty clients I suppose). Judges should have no choice but to send convicted felons to jail for life. Cops shouldn't have to respect the rights of the people they stop, and evidence they obtain through illegal means should still be admissible. You'd do well in a Stalinist state.
    Hope is the denial of reality

"But don't vote for Johnson this time."

In the debate Trump just said that Russia is new at nuclear.

How can anyone take him seriously?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Poor Billy, another Bush brought down by Trump.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    In the debate Trump just said that Russia is new at nuclear.

How can anyone take him seriously?
    Well its better than "I know nothing about Russia... well err I mean I know Russia but..."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    More to the point, the victim's mother pushed for a plea deal, probably at the victim's insistence, because going through the ordeal of a rape trial after being raped is kinda shit. We know from previous discussions about this subject that Lewk doesn't actually realize how rough rape trials are for the victims, nor does he really care.
    Actual facts might help Lewk... (but maybe not)

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/06/cli...975-rape-case/
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Like this reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I've been thinking about Trump's sniffles at these debates and I'm suspicious he might be using cocaine. It sort of fits a lot of the behavior we see from him too, like the 3 AM tweets. I imagine him all coked up, can't sleep, obsessing, and unable to resist lashing out. When everyone asks "which Trump will show up" at the debate or speech, the disciplined teleprompted Trump or the unpredictable whacked-out Trump liable to say just about anything, is what they're really asking - without knowing it - whether Trump will be on coke for the event or not?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

10 or 20 years down the line there's going to be some epic books written about the election.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

What... what is he doing to that chair?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Prediction: 10% chance of Trump winning due to Russians hijacking/faking overseas votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post

You can do whatever you want. You grab them by the pussy
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

What the fuck is it with Americans and Hillary Clinton?

Can someone explain this to me?

I get that people might not like her or agree with her or everything she's done - she's a politician, having people dislike her and disagree with her is basically her job.

But with her it's like "Hillary Clinton: worst human being ever to walk the earth? Looking at all the bad stuff she did, I'll really have to hold my nose to vote for her over this insane, barely competent, barely coherent populist demagogue who hates approximately 70% of Americas population who has a non-trivial chance of bringing about the apocalypse" and then you wonder "what bad stuff, exactly?" and it turns out it's just stuff like "in the past she sort of did this thing, no-one quite knows what went down and no one ever proved anything but it looks kinda shady so she's literally the devil and I FUCKING HATE HER FOREVER SHE LIES ABOUT FUCKING EVERYTHING AND I HATE I HATE RARTRTRRGH CUNT BITCH RANT RARRGH FUME REREGHGHGTGHGGHhfdFGGH REEE REEE REEE REE"

Like, sure there's some shady stuff there but the level of vitriol she generates seems wildly disproportionate to anything she's done, or supposed to have done.

Am I missing something, or are y'all just completely insane?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    You can do whatever you want. You grab them by the pussy
    Chairs don't have pussies, literal or figurative.

This is a fact I know about chairs, and now you know it too.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

It's what happens over a 23 year period of one-upmanship (she did crazy thing x; no, she did even crazier thing y) by conservative talk show hosts, who have a disproportionate influence over the Republican base.

Chairs don't have pussies, literal or figurative.

This is a fact I know about chairs, and now you know it too.
    Yes, but did you know chairs are also rapists and murderers? We have to get 'em out. All of 'em.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

As the proud owner of several chairs, I find those comments reprehensible.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

As the proud owner of several chairs, I find those comments reprehensible.
    You think you can own a chair? Why don't you check your privilege.

Yeah... I know. Cruz would have been difficult as well but not as difficult as Trump. Rubio would have been great.

That's an unfortunate picture for both of them.

What the fuck is it with Americans and Hillary Clinton?

Can someone explain this to me?

I get that people might not like her or agree with her or everything she's done - she's a politician, having people dislike her and disagree with her is basically her job.

But with her it's like "Hillary Clinton: worst human being ever to walk the earth? Looking at all the bad stuff she did, I'll really have to hold my nose to vote for her over this insane, barely competent, barely coherent populist demagogue who hates approximately 70% of Americas population who has a non-trivial chance of bringing about the apocalypse" and then you wonder "what bad stuff, exactly?" and it turns out it's just stuff like "in the past she sort of did this thing, no-one quite knows what went down and no one ever proved anything but it looks kinda shady so she's literally the devil and I FUCKING HATE HER FOREVER SHE LIES ABOUT FUCKING EVERYTHING AND I HATE I HATE RARTRTRRGH CUNT BITCH RANT RARRGH FUME REREGHGHGTGHGGHhfdFGGH REEE REEE REEE REE"

Like, sure there's some shady stuff there but the level of vitriol she generates seems wildly disproportionate to anything she's done, or supposed to have done.

She does lie about nearly everything though...

Also 'the devil' comment was used figuratively. He was not actually calling her the devil.

Hillary is the type of person that has no problems slandering women Bill Clinton had sex with (he may have done sexual assault he may not have but none can deny he cheated on a lot of women) for the sake of political power. The Clinton's as a whole do everything for power, they even did a fucking poll to see what kind of dog they should get in order to better position their family. She doesn't have a political position she wouldn't sacrifice in order to get elected.

I've repeatedly linked to sources that showed otherwise, that showed she lies less than any recent Republican presidential nominee. Are you going to continue living in your fact-free zone?

The comment wasn't used figuratively. Jones went on to talk about flies landing on Obama and other weird pseudo-religious omens.

I've repeatedly linked to sources that showed otherwise, that showed she lies less than any recent Republican presidential nominee. Are you going to continue living in your fact-free zone?

The comment wasn't used figuratively. Jones went on to talk about flies landing on Obama and other weird pseudo-religious omens.
    You are using a biased source. Tell me how many lies do you think she said just in the primary? How about just discussing the e-mail server?

You are using a biased source. Tell me how many lies do you think she said just in the primary? How about just discussing the e-mail server?
    PolitiFact is biased? Or are you upset with facts being biased?

Again, the facts show she lies on some issues. Trump lies on all of them. Romney and McCain lied on most of them. That's just reality. Feel free to go through the actual claims being fact checked.