Page 52 of 171 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Given how much money there is in presidential election, how much would it even matter if some foreigners managed to sneak in a few million bucks?

And more (if true): https://twitter.com/senatorshoshana/...53529120231424

The gifts just keep on giving. I'm sure this is all a joke, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRAPLodRnd4

Who isn't a pedophile? Locker room banter, right?
    Hope is the denial of reality

New York Times have published their reply to a libel threat that is basically a politely worded variant of Arkell v Pressdram

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...smtyp=cur&_r=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Unheard Of View Post
    Scalzi's conclusions look plausible to me, but I don't follow US politics closely. Interested to see what better informed folks think.
    We've been talking about The Fall of the GOP for years. Do you recall their "autopsy"...which they promptly ignored?

I agree that the GOP created Trump's candidacy. It started decades ago when factions like the Moral Majority/White Evangelical Christians defined "conservatism" in religious moral terms, and then again when the Tea Party defined a mistrust/loathing of government as "conservatism". It was a recipe for dilemmas/fights within its own party, which led to nominees like Palin, congressional gridlock, gov't shutdowns, and Speaker of the House stepping down...

I think this election isn't so much (R) vs (D) or liberal vs conservative, but Nativism vs Pluralism. And the GOP made a huge mistake when they didn't denounce the socio-phobes in their party that wanted to make policy that way. That's just not gonna work if a "major party" wants to be relevant. Demographically, the Baby Boomers are dying out, the Millennials are becoming the biggest voting bloc, and white males will be a minority.

So it's pretty lame for the GOP to say they want to be a "big tent" party. What that really means is they'll take anyone who wants to call themselves a Republican (even if they're racist or sexist bigots), because otherwise it's a minority party dying from within.

I do not belief Milennials are there biggest voting bloc and would like to see a source for that.

White males are a minority as there are more white females.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I do not belief Milennials are there biggest voting bloc and would like to see a source for that.

Check out Pew Research. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ill-they-vote/

That link not only specifies that Millennials are not yet the biggest bloc of eligible voters but due to turnout "it will likely be a much longer time before they are the largest bloc of voters."

That link not only specifies that Millennials are not yet the biggest bloc of eligible voters [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Millennials are becoming the biggest voting bloc
    The wording of GGT's claim implies that she understands they are not yet the biggest voting bloc.

Obviously this is a reference to #whitegenocide ie. that white people are going to become a minority or a sufficiently small portion of the population that white males will truly be a minority.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Yes but she implies soon whereas the article clearly says it won't be true for "much longer".

They are the biggest non voting bloc already probably.

I really don't get the idea white males are a majority. Women already are a majority. White males already are only about 35% of the adult population I believe. Which is why Trump is doomed to inevitable and well justified defeat.

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

totally normal and okay and cool
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

People who don't speak American?

And lots of Syrian voters in the US, all of whom are easy to identify as well.

"both sides"
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Sessions, a Republican Senator, is saying the elections will be rigged. Some sheriff in Wisconsin is calling for an armed uprising. These are the party elites.

Just a bit of the ole' treason.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Some Americans have really almost fetishised the whole revolutionary history to the point that there end up being quotes like that every four years.

Probably a lot more this time since Pandora's Box of Crazy was not just opened but thrust to the forefront.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    "both sides"
    "He then wore his face as a mask and did his little kooky dance"

Stick a fork in it, we are done
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Sessions, a Republican Senator, is saying the elections will be rigged.
    Democrats only have some of their own to blame for that. It'll be another decade or so before people start forgetting the Daly machine.

Some sheriff in Wisconsin is calling for an armed uprising. These are the party elites.
    Really? That's the party elite?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Elite isn't what it used to be Seriously though, a sheriff from the middle of nowhere, I'm pretty sure you get that every election.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Milwaukee. And I somehow doubt Sessions was thinking of Daly.

There is only one obvious choice in this cluster-fuck campaign.

Milwaukee. And I somehow doubt Sessions was thinking of Daly.
    If you're an educated and politically aware Republican over 30 and you're talking about voter fraud, then I guarantee you're thinking about Daly. Maybe not exclusively, but you are thinking about his machine, that election, and that famous exercise in voter fraud.

And Loki? That sheriff over in Milwaukee County? I guarantee he's not one of the party elite. Do you want to know how I can guarantee that? Because while he may be a Trump supporter, he's also a registered Democrat.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Educated and politically aware are not necessarily words I'd use to describe Sessions.

He's a Democrat in the same way Bloomberg used to be a Democrat. He's a consistent supporter of both Republican causes and Republican officials. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_...d_associations

Educated and politically aware are not necessarily words I'd use to describe Sessions.
    They're sufficient for this.

He's a Democrat in the same way Bloomberg used to be a Democrat. He's a consistent supporter of both Republican causes and Republican officials. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_...d_associations
    Yeah, so? It doesn't matter a good goddamn what your views are, if you're not in the party, if you're running for the opposing party when you're seeking election, you're not one of the first party's elites.

https://mobile.twitter.com/crampell/...12120498184192

At which point do we start blaming the voters?

Partisan voters are partisan? Surely that's always been the case.

Pretty sure if you ask Democrat voters you'd get equivalent results.

"both sides"
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Ask Democrat voters what? What kind of equivalent results?

Here, you can play around with the poll results yourself:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...111b_page.html
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Pretty sure any sane person wouldn't claim moral equivalence here. Bill Clinton isn't running for president. Trump didn't seem too pleased when his spouse was attacked.