Page 55 of 171 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

A vast majority of the info they fact check involve statements about easily verifiable facts...
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    A close defeat will just tell the Trumpistas and their supporters that they need someone even Trumpier in 2020.

A vast majority of the info they fact check involve statements about easily verifiable facts...
    Like saying Trump lied for saying that Hillary avid washed her email servers when she actually used a software called Bleach Bit.

Overly literal and pedantic is not the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I think you underestimate the fear that Clinton might not win. It's not just the Trump craziness, it's also an irrational negativism about Clinton. Here we have a woman who actually has shown to be very competent who somehow also is perceived for no obvious reason as utterly unreliable. The scandals surrounding Clinton seem to stick for no other reason than that she's Hillary.

The most obvious reason for her reactions about the e-mail server was never even touched upon; she has had to go to through inspections of her personal life so intrusive for so long that it makes the Kardashians come of as reclusives. It's not so strange she had an urge to keep some parts of her life private. Maybe better choices could have been made but there was no damage done as far as we know an there certainly was no intent to break any rules.
    Congratulations America

It's quiet.

Almost too quiet.

I think Trump is gearing up to say something absolutely vile and/or monstrously irresponsible.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Yes but she implies soon whereas the article clearly says it won't be true for "much longer".

They are the biggest non voting bloc already probably.
    But whether they vote in high numbers (like Baby Boomers reliably do) is unknown, just like the article said.

I really don't get the idea white males are a majority. Women already are a majority. White males already are only about 35% of the adult population I believe. Which is why Trump is doomed to inevitable and well justified defeat.
    *sigh* I was commenting on how a megalomaniac like Trump became the GOP nominee -- with the tacit approval of the Republican party 'leadership' -- by appealing to a "base" of angry white working-class non-college educated males with a racist/nativist streak.

Well, at first he was dismissed as a clown, an outlier, no way would he win the primary election, right? So why not come up with some Party Promises, and go along with the show, right? Surely the *majority* of Republicans would see through his dog and pony show, and eventually nominate someone else, right?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    But whether they vote in high numbers (like Baby Boomers reliably do) is unknown, just like the article said.
    No it's not unknown it is known. They don't turnout at anything like the percentage that Baby Boomers reliably do, that is absolutely known.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

IMHO I thought Megan Kelly did a nice job sparring with Newt Gingrich, though, to be fair, I've never liked that asshole. Check it out:

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/26/499427..._campaign=news
    Last edited by EyeKhan; 10-26-2016 at 06:12 PM.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Yeah, it's the woman who cares too much about sex, not a guy known for cheating on his wives before trading them in for newer models (like a certain person that he's defending).

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    That reads like joke. Are you sure it's not super dry sarcasm?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Scott Adams has form for douchebaggery, probably not a joke.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Could be either can't tell.

Read the rest of his twitter feed and you shall have your answer.

Spoiler:
    He's deadly fucking serious
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I wonder if he was one of the people complaining about the deplorable label.

Lewk, here's a conservative telling you why all the media attention is on Trump:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pollster-...200157345.html

Rationale for supporting Trump in a nutshell (hint: there isn't any):

https://theringer.com/peter-thiel-do...abe#.4gsbsp4jv

Rationale for supporting Trump in a nutshell (hint: there isn't any):

https://theringer.com/peter-thiel-do...abe#.4gsbsp4jv
    You are wrong; there is a very strong rationale. It is that the system does not deliver for too many people while pretending to be inclusive. Trump voters don't want to change the system from within, they want to bring it down.
    Congratulations America

Minus the part where your average Trump supporter actually makes above average income.

The average person doesn't attribute his/her income to the system. Delivering also isn't only about money in your pocket. I make more than the average voter in The Netherlands, but some 10 years ago I was so disgusted with politics here, I voted for the only dead guy on the ballot.
    Congratulations America

That's impossible in the UK. It isn't possible for the dead to be on a ballot paper here.

I doubt that, unless your entire election is postponed if someone died between printing ballots and the election day.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    I doubt that, unless your entire election is postponed if someone died between printing ballots and the election day.
    In the US when someone drops out (including write ins who preemptively announce they don't want a position) or dies the ballots aren't changed. There are notices posted in every voting booth informing voters of the issue and that if you vote for the invalid option your vote will be ignored.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

In the US when someone drops out (including write ins who preemptively announce they don't want a position) or dies the ballots aren't changed. There are notices posted in every voting booth informing voters of the issue and that if you vote for the invalid option your vote will be ignored.
    Are you sure that's the case? I think that since the electors actually place the votes for POTUS, they can place their votes for whoever they wish when the actual electoral votes are tallied (substantially AFTER election day) - presumably they would be encouraged to vote for whoever the party's committee had chosen as a replacement for the dead nominee.

Furthermore, I'm not sure a vote is 'ignored' even in direct elections (e.g. for a congressional seat) - I am not sure about this, but if someone dies before an election but their name is still on the ballot, the opposing party can still 'lose' the election to the dead candidate, although it just means that the seat goes into an immediate by-election afterwards, with a new candidate or candidates.

There was a lot of discussion a few weeks ago about how feasible it would be to replace Trump on the ticket, and most of the options went through the electoral college rather than the actual ballots seen by voters.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    Are you sure that's the case? I think that since the electors actually place the votes for POTUS, they can place their votes for whoever they wish when the actual electoral votes are tallied (substantially AFTER election day) - presumably they would be encouraged to vote for whoever the party's committee had chosen as a replacement for the dead nominee.

Furthermore, I'm not sure a vote is 'ignored' even in direct elections (e.g. for a congressional seat) - I am not sure about this, but if someone dies before an election but their name is still on the ballot, the opposing party can still 'lose' the election to the dead candidate, although it just means that the seat goes into an immediate by-election afterwards, with a new candidate or candidates.

There was a lot of discussion a few weeks ago about how feasible it would be to replace Trump on the ticket, and most of the options went through the electoral college rather than the actual ballots seen by voters.
    I was largely referring to the majority of the elected positions we vote for that don't have party affiliations or VPs. Florida is currently using one of these notices to inform voters that a favored write in has announced that he has no intention of fulfilling his position if elected so votes for him will not be counted. This is one reason I used the term invalid instead of something more direct since the positions/candidates you're referring to wouldn't technically be invalid. I do see my wording and explaination could have been more thorough
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    That's precisely what happens. Don't forget our candidates stand in one constituency only and the entire election for that constituency is postponed and rescheduled with new ballot papers if any of the candidates die. Only happened seven times in history but most recently in 2010 when a UKIP candidate died in a safe Tory seat: http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/8115...andidate_dies/

If the monarch dies the entire General Election gets postponed for a fortnight.

If the monarch dies the entire General Election gets postponed for a fortnight.
    Surely one of the most British sentences on record.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

LOL!

Coincidentally that's the second time I've read that in the last few days. The other time was for the sentence "Cook sensibly batted for a maiden in the final over before tea" which I imagine would be very weird if not gibberish to most Americans.

In Holland voting for a dead person does actually have an effect on the outcome of the elections, but as it was a so-called protest vote, I could care less at the time. The reason for the effect is that your vote is both for the party and the person. If the person you vote is dead, your vote still goes towards the party.
    Congratulations America