Page 59 of 171 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

So, why the hell are we only hearing about this now, instead of 5 months ago when Newt opened his mouth?

No idea. Just saw the date. How weird.
    Hope is the denial of reality

That was waaayyy back in June. Comments like that didn't find their way into the Presidential debates....because those were designed as "media events" that would attract the most viewers. Trump probably knew that better than anyone.

What's scary now is that Gingrich is on the short-list of President Trump's Administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    It should be fun to have her grilled about the misogeny of her President. What you have to admire in her is how she turned the PC claptrap against its originators.
    She would absolutely love being 'grilled' by senate dems. The fireworks would be hilariously epic!

Every time I think I might be overestimating the threat from Trump, he does something like appoint a white supremacist to a key position.

Yes. It's a lovely plan. He'll have Priebus to manage the staff, and Bannon to advise him. What could possibly be wrong with this?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

A sycophant and a fascist. Great plan.

We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Is that an analogy or euphemism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

It sure reminds me of Mussolini
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

False hat, no doubt
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Appalling. And such a shame as there was never any racism in the USA until Tuesday.

Though seriously it is appalling.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

One day you'll be able to condemn racism without throwing in a stupid little caveat like that.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Check the name of this forum.

We literally won't be able to tell if racists have been emboldened by the success of the Trump campaign until they set up actual fucking internment camps or decide to rerun the Tuskegee experiment in the name of science whilst wearing TRUMP hats.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Check the name of this forum.
    The World Forgotten? You were going to say "Racism is bad" without adding "(but it's no Big D)", but you forgot?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

He's saying this is something that needs to be debated and discussed.

By all means.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    He's saying this is something that needs to be debated and discussed.
    Exactly.

The other thing I could have said is ​post hoc ergo propter hoc

I would like everyone to know that I am read to debate the topic of whether or not racism matters, even though it doesn't affect Randblade personally.

I am fully open to a discussion on this matter.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

That's not the question to be discussed. The claim in the article is that this was due to Trump's election, hence post hoc ergo propter hoc. My point was that racism predated Trump, if not enabled him.

Like I said, interment camps and sinister experiments or gtfo.

To paraphrase Tom Scott, not everyone who voted for Trump was racist* but all the racists voted for Trump. And now all the racists now think roughly half of all Americans agree with them, so it's not exactly a massive leap to suggest that they might feel more emboldened to openly harass non-whites.

Exactly the same thing happened after Brexit, but it will be far worse with Trump because he is far more intimately connected to racist groups than even the worst Brexit campaigners.

* pretty questionable, but let's leave that aside for now
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Like I said, interment camps and sinister experiments or gtfo.
    "Appalling ... seriously it is appalling" = "GTFO"

Interesting definition of the word appalling. Any other antonyms you'd like the equate?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    "Appalling ... seriously it is appalling" = "GTFO"

Interesting definition of the word appalling. Any other antonyms you'd like the equate?
    We literally won't be able to tell if racists have been emboldened by the success of the Trump campaign until they set up actual fucking internment camps or decide to rerun the Tuskegee experiment in the name of science whilst wearing TRUMP hats.
    I'm not saying you don't think it's appalling, I'm saying that you don't seem to believe that this--like hundreds or possibly thousands of other incidents since the election--indicate a change among American racists towards expressing their racism more overtly due to the success of Trump's campaign.

If only there was some evidence...

https://news.vice.com/story/hate-cri...seen-since-911

I'm not saying you don't think it's appalling, I'm saying that you don't seem to believe that this--like hundreds or possibly thousands of other incidents since the election--indicate a change among American racists towards expressing their racism more overtly due to the success of Trump's campaign.
    I'm saying it alone is not proof. The problem is that in a hypersensitive age like right now (and like in the UK post-Brexit) any twat being a twat is considered linked to what's just happened. When in reality some definitely will be but most racist twats were racist twats before the event as well as after it.

Nobody with a sense of sanity would do what this "manager" did. I'd feel sick to the stomach if one of my employees acted in such a disgusting manner. Let's not excuse his behaviour by suggesting its due to politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    So the US has gone from one anti-Muslim hate crime ratio of 0.558 per million of population, to 0.944 per million of population. Not nice, but most of those crimes would still have happened had it not been for that spike.

That's without taking into account variances like people being more likely to report a crime as a hate crime during a charged environment (distorting hate crime figures even while crime figures are stable).

I'm not sure how many times I'll have to quote myself, but I didn't say Trump's victory created racists. I said that racists were emboldened by the campaign and by his victory, and have engaged in more overt racism than before. The cause isn't simply political but more social and cultural.