Page 79 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

That is so tacky. Celebrity Apprentice: SCOTUS Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    That is so tacky. Celebrity Apprentice: SCOTUS Edition
    Makes me wonder if he's monetizing this in some way.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Haven't seen this image in a long time but I think it sums him up:
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Trump’s team is mad people call it a travel ‘ban,’ even though they’ve called it a ‘ban’ too

This moronic administration is playing out a modern day three stooges skit.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    If one branch of government says do this one thing, and another branch of government says no that shits illegal arrest him and then the first branch of government says, no arrest the other branch for treason, it often comes down to whose side the people with all the guns decide to take.
    And the military goes "we don't have any law enforcement role and don't make arrests in the first place. Go talk to someone else." There is ZERO SCOPE for domestic action in the US, on ANYONE's behalf.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Words on a page.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I was going to ask how long before those mini wannabe militias come out of hiding.

Turns out Kentucky already beat me to it.
    http://indivisibleky.org/wp-content/...t-happened.mp4
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Words on a page.
    Ah. So when are you expecting the second invasion from Normandy to keep you guys from Brexiting?

You live in a fantastical world, Steely. Try and visit the real one from time to time, ok?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Ah. So when are you expecting the second invasion from Normandy to keep you guys from Brexiting?

You live in a fantastical world, Steely. Try and visit the real one from time to time, ok?
    Is this 'real one' you speak of the one where a narcissist reality TV star, potentially under the control of a foreign despot, and who makes W. look like Edward R. Murrow isn't president, and a neo-nazi isn't on the national security council? If so, how do I get there?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/sta...73399052914689

For those not paying attention, Trump already filed to run for the presidency in 2020.

I don't even really expect him to finish his first term.

In Soviet America, the first term finishes America.

Russia wants us to believe Trump is on the take.

https://www.google.se/amp/s/amp.busi...dossier-2017-1
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

moar liek Grand Old Party Before Country amirite
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

The next president is going to have to kiss so much ass to fix everything Trump is breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Oh no where will people go to get cakes???

but he visited the family of the slain soldier, that media coverage should totally blanket over the actual execution of his "go after their families" war plan. Nothing like being responsible for the murder of an 8 year old girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Oh no where will people go to get cakes???
    The places already having to provide them with cakes since none of that crap is within the authority of the executive. Congress regulates and the judicial branch interprets free exercise. The Executive has no role in that area.

but he visited the family of the slain soldier, that media coverage should totally blanket over the actual execution of his "go after their families" war plan. Nothing like being responsible for the murder of an 8 year old girl.
    While I share my distaste for much of the previously mentioned actions of Trump, I am not convinced that the narrative put forth in Loki's linked piece or OG's post is a true representation of events.

The US sends special operations teams into combat on a daily basis, often in high risk situations with incomplete intelligence. Not infrequently, civilians die or operations are botched. It's a simple reality of war, and presumably most of the time the potential risk to civilians is outweighed by the importance of the military objective. I think it is far more likely that the civilians who may or may not have been killed in the raid (details are sketchy, but it seems likely that at least some did) were unintended collateral damage rather than a conscious policy coming down from POTUS.

In fact, I am hopeful that even if POTUS gave an illegal order to target the families of terrorists, the Pentagon brass would refuse to carry it out, as would the operatives on the ground.

Some of the speculation in Loki's piece might be right - maybe the Obama administration felt that the available intelligence made the risk/reward ratio for the operation unacceptable - maybe the risk to troops, or maybe the risk to civilians. As such, they might have delayed indefinitely until more information became available. And in this scenario, it's possible that the new administration's weighing of these risks placed more emphasis on the potential military gain rather than the risk to civilians or US troops.

Yet it's also entirely possible that the Obama administration was prepared to carry out the raid, but the timing wasn't right, and the Trump administration just pressed 'go' on a prepared mission. Or maybe more information came to light that gave the Pentagon and the Trump administration more confidence in ordering the raid.

My point is that bandying about accusations of war crimes is a very serious matter and should not be taken lightly. In the absence of compelling evidence, I am not going to start claiming that the Trump Administration is now ignoring the principles of distinction and proportionality and that the US military is happily going along with this change. There are enough awful things going on with this administration that we need not resort to baseless speculation.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

War crime is a step too far. But it does seem that the go ahead was given without carefully thinking through the pros and cons of the current situation.

War crime is a step too far. But it does seem that the go ahead was given without carefully thinking through the pros and cons of the current situation.
    If you ignore targets because of potential civilian casualties you simply encourage terrorists to use more civilian shields. It is one of the lessons of the Israel vs. Palestinian terrorists conflict that's been going on for all of our lives. Wherever possible minimize civilian death but you can't handcuff the military and not have it lead to terrorists taking advantage of that fact.

And if you ignore targets because of an elevated risk to US troops?

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-mi...ligence-2017-2

US military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support, or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced Al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger-than-expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.

http://uproxx.com/tv/south-park-donald-trump-president/

“It’s tricky now because satire has become reality.” Parker continued, “It’s really hard to make fun of and in the last season of South Park… we were really trying to make fun of what was going on, but we couldn’t keep up and what was actually happening was much funnier than anything we could come up with. So we decided to kind of back off and let them do their comedy and we’ll do ours.”

Damn, getting comedy props from the South Park guys

Haven't seen South Park in years but Mr Garrison sounds like a suitable pick for Trump

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Meanwhile, in the Ukraine and well below the page fold on most major news sites, fighting is flaring up against in the Ukraine

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38850375
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come