Page 90 of 171 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Continuing the trend of Trump steering the political concern via bullshit sources, his fake "obama wiretapped me" claims come from none other than Breitbart.
    Which themselves sourced it from Murdoch's latest dreadful rag Heat Street by former British MP Louise Mensch back in November. https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-f...ies-to-russia/
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

US spies have 'considerable intelligence' on high-level Trump-Russia talks, claims ex-NSA analyst

These leaks are starting to carry some serious implications. The Twitter meltdowns in the coming months are going to be epic.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Hope is the denial of reality

Did.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Shame you're not with the 66% who believe that protecting the rights of those with unpopular views is important.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Protecting = voting for?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Shame you're not with the 66% who believe that protecting the rights of those with unpopular views is important.
    As long as they exercise those rights on the sidewalk we have no beef

I was a little surprised by that part of the report though. I would've expected greater support for the protection of the rights of people with unpopular views among Republicans.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Words like "strong democracy" throw a lot of these poll questions into the wind. As a Republic and not a Democracy... hell one could make a strong case that the Bill of Rights purpose is to "weaken democracy" in order to protect unpopular views. How do you determine the strength of a democracy? One person may find a 'strong democracy' to mean something as close to direct democracy as possible. Others would view it as a system where people vote frequently and often. Others would start going off the wall and away from the meaning of democracy and talking about liberty and individual freedom which is a hallmark of many democracies but certainly not a universal truth.

Protecting = voting for?
    You implied yesterday that protecting free speech isn't worth it if you're protecting the speech of a fascist.

The new GOP healthcare reform has been unleashed and it's an even bigger joke than people were expecting. It's projected to lead to lost coverage for millions and higher costs for millions more, but the GOP is pushing ahead anyway. Showing once again that the GOP doesn't have the ability to turn their platform of hatred and destruction into constructive or useful governing.

but man, it is so satisfying watching the inbreed fucknuts over at r/the_donald also lose their mind over how awful this reform is.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 03-07-2017 at 01:29 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    You implied yesterday that protecting free speech isn't worth it if you're protecting the speech of a fascist.
    I said nothing of the sort. I attacked the hypocrisy of opposing the law only when it's used against a non-Muslim.

I said nothing of the sort. I attacked the hypocrisy of opposing the law only when it's used against a non-Muslim.
    That's a lie. Name a single example of someone here who supported the law being used against a Muslim and opposes it being used against a non-Muslim.

Not necessarily someone here but the populist parties here a la wilders definitely support that. They want freedom of speech for saying discriminatory stuff while at the same time wanting to block imams from saying anything they don't like. I have not followed le pen but would not be surprised if she wants the same.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Which would be why I deplore those nasty parties and politicians but the trickster was referring to people here as being hypocrites so no dice.

More bullshit he's taken from conservative news and made worse with his own lies.

The new GOP healthcare reform has been unleashed and it's an even bigger joke than people were expecting. It's projected to lead to lost coverage for millions and higher costs for millions more, but the GOP is pushing ahead anyway. Showing once again that the GOP doesn't have the ability to turn their platform of hatred and destruction into constructive or useful governing.

but man, it is so satisfying watching the inbreed fucknuts over at r/the_donald also lose their mind over how awful this reform is.
    and the most ridiculous defense of this horrible attempt to screw over poor people comes from Republican Jason Chaffetz who said that people will have to decide between a new iphone or healthcare.

If those things were even slightly related, we wouldn't have trouble with healthcare costs.

I wonder of it would be more effective to change the ACA (since apparently people do like it when it's called by its real name) and improve the real and existing flaws rather than change the whole system completely every few years?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

That would be political suicide for Republicans.

That would be political suicide for Republicans.
    Not necessarily. They could just copy and paste most of the text while changing the unofficial name to "Freedomcare and Friends".

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    They've all already been driven into stages of delusion or psychosis by Bush II's presidency.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

See page 24 of the PDF (question 29). What is wrong with people?

http://www.suffolk.edu/documents/SUP...017_tables.pdf

[RandLewk]He HAS said that the media is the enemy of the people, so technically theyre answer is correct [/RandLewk]

What's interesting is that people who are very conservative agree with Trump at a much higher rate than people who are conservative. That's a bit odd considering that Trump isn't exactly a conservative himself. My take-away: the more conservative someone claims to be, the more they care about hurting Democrats at the expense of literally everything else.

[RandLewk]He HAS said that the media is the enemy of the people, so technically theyre answer is correct [/RandLewk]
    LOL very literal answer!

What's interesting is that people who are very conservative agree with Trump at a much higher rate than people who are conservative. That's a bit odd considering that Trump isn't exactly a conservative himself. My take-away: the more conservative someone claims to be, the more they care about hurting Democrats at the expense of literally everything else.
    I dunno. Perhaps the most conservative Trump-supporters don't really see Trump as being all that different from them, somehow managing to ignore the less conservative aspects of his behavior. Perhaps they're not as well-informed as more moderate Republicans, or as skilled at putting two and two together. Perhaps they're more likely to be governed by emotions or more easily swayed by Trump's rhetorical tricks (fine-tuned to that particular group of voters). Or perhaps they simply perceive, accurately, that the Democrat-voting liberals are currently the greatest domestic threat to their particular kind of conservatism, to their values and to their world, and see Trump as a good way to drive back that threat. I'm more inclined to see signs of sadism in the behavior of less conservative Trump-supporters

Schadenfreude more than sadism I suspect.

No, sadism.

I dunno. Perhaps the most conservative Trump-supporters don't really see Trump as being all that different from them, somehow managing to ignore the less conservative aspects of his behavior. Perhaps they're not as well-informed as more moderate Republicans, or as skilled at putting two and two together. Perhaps they're more likely to be governed by emotions or more easily swayed by Trump's rhetorical tricks (fine-tuned to that particular group of voters). Or perhaps they simply perceive, accurately, that the Democrat-voting liberals are currently the greatest domestic threat to their particular kind of conservatism, to their values and to their world, and see Trump as a good way to drive back that threat. I'm more inclined to see signs of sadism in the behavior of less conservative Trump-supporters
    At least before this election, people at the ideological extremes were significantly better informed about current events and political ideologies than their more moderate brethren.

At least before this election, people at the ideological extremes were significantly better informed about current events and political ideologies than their more moderate brethren.
    I don't have the references close at hand by iirc that evidence was not only primarily correlational and plagued with significant problems of potential bias and confounding but was also typically used to demonstrate the putative effect of being politically informed on voters' ideology, ie. that more informed citizens are likely to be more ideologically extreme, rather than trying to show the reverse, ie. that ideologically extreme citizens are more informed.

Even if the latter were true, as you say, that evidence may not be particularly applicable to this election, not only because the world has turned into the most nightmarish version imaginable of the Twilight Zone but also because both Trump and many of his voters may differ significantly from the politicians and the voters that have been previously studied. I dunno.