Page 99 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    oh and Blackwater is involved, because of course it is

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.cd5d35dfede4

Looks like the writing staff on this season of America have been playing a lot of Deus Ex games.
    I again feel skeptical. I've been hearing cries of "wolf" about that guy for the last decade
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Of course, the whole point of the 'boy who cried wolf' story is that, at some point, there's an actual wolf.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Of course, the whole point of the 'boy who cried wolf' story is that, at some point, there's an actual wolf.
    He would fit very well for this sort of thing but he's been such a baseless boogeyman for the Left here in the US. . .
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Maybe not as baseless as we'd previously thought.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-victims.html

Hilarious to see "conservatives" appropriate left-wing arguments in defense of Russia.
    Hope is the denial of reality

So partisan attacks other parties partisans shocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

Hilarious to see "conservatives" appropriate left-wing arguments in defense of Russia.
    . . . why is a British writer affecting shock and dismay that Brits reacted more strongly to an attack in their country than to an attack in St. Petersburg?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    . . . why is a British writer affecting shock and dismay that Brits reacted more strongly to an attack in their country than to an attack in St. Petersburg?
    The irony is that this is a standard argument of the British hippie left. One that the left constantly gets mocked for. But now national interests shouldn't take precedence over Russia's interests apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...iates-in-intel

I wonder if we'll get to see her testify.
    They'll find that it was perfectly okay for her to do what she did.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

She's not, she's affecting shock and dismay that "liberals" generally across the west did - and it's key you know she is the British Ann Coulter.

I understand [not agree with] where she's coming from because its the umpteenth time I've heard this argument but normally it's from South Africa (long story). Basically since #JeSuisCharlie there has been the same reaction repeatedly to attacks across the world. #prayforlondon was just the latest in a very long line of #prayforparis[insert name here] . . . so why no #prayforstpetersburg/#prayforsouthafrica
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

There's a fair point there though. It's pretty clear why the reaction to the attack in St. Petersburg has been much more muted. Russia is the enemy and either they did something to deserve it, or they staged it, or it was really what it looked like but expressing sympathy may make you a target of people on both sides of the political spectrum. As much as I fear and loathe Russia, I can see how this is kinda sucky

Because Russia is a foreign country with a very different culture. There's even less sympathy about the deaths of hundreds in Colombia, the Congo, and Syria.

Of which, Trump has given more acknowledgement to the recent Syria attack (to blame obama) than he has to all the white supremacist terrorist attacks that have happened since he announced his candidacy...combined.

The fool won't even denounce the Sandy Hook deniers.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Bannon's off the Security Council. That can only be a good thing. It would be very very good if his influence is waning overall... Given that Trump doesn't have a lot of ideas of his own, I can only guess all the completely shitty, stupid, insanely self-destructive policy coming out of the Trump Admin is largely Bannon's influence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/05/u...=top-news&_r=0
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

He is still the White House Chief Strategist, with WAY to much access to Trump.

This move also restores the director of national intelligence, CIA director, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to full participation on the National Security Council.

I'm guessing foreign policy issues were starting to cut into Trump's tee time.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Count the small blessings.

If Bannon dropped out of the West Wing altogether then that would be a major one.

He is still the White House Chief Strategist, with WAY to much access to Trump.
    Trump has been in office for three months. You're going to have to give Bannon time to lose more fights.

If Trump makes it four years, I predict that by year 3 his administration will not have any significant differences from Bush Jrs. (or from what a Pence administration would look like) in policy, or in the types of people its listening too. DC is a powerful assimilating force.

Trump Hypocrisy: Blaming Syrian Chemical Attack on Obama
    In 2013, Trump tweeted—repeatedly—that Obama should do nothing in Syria.

To many tweets to copy.

Donald Trump Kicks Off Sexual Assault Awareness Month By Defending Bill O’Reilly

President Donald Trump said he doesn’t think Fox News host Bill O’Reilly, who has been accused of sexual harassment by several women, did anything wrong.

In an interview with The New York Times on Wednesday, Trump defended O’Reilly after the Times reported that O’Reilly or Fox News paid five women a total of about $13 million to settle claims of sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior over the years.

“I think he’s a person I know well — he is a good person,” Trump said on Wednesday.

“I think he shouldn’t have settled; personally, I think he shouldn’t have settled,” Trump added. “Because you should have taken it all the way. I don’t think Bill did anything wrong.”

O’Reilly has so far stayed silent on the scandal, despite losing at least 15 advertisers for “The O’Reilly Factor,” his primetime Fox News show.

Trump’s comments echo statements he made about former Fox News chief Roger Ailes in July 2016, amid another sexual harassment scandal at the network. Trump claimed Ailes’ accusers had received help from Ailes and then said “these horrible things about him.”

“It’s very sad. Because he’s a very good person. I’ve always found him to be just a very, very good person. And by the way, a very, very talented person. Look what he’s done. So I feel very badly,” Trump told NBC.

More than a dozen women have accused Trump himself of sexual assault. Trump called them liars and threatened to sue them after the 2016 presidential election ended, but so far has taken no legal action.

The Washington Post unearthed a video in October of Trump claiming he can grab women “by the pussy” because he is a celebrity. He dismissed the comment, which was made in 2005, as “locker room talk.”

Last week, Trump declared April National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month.

Trump doesn't want to bite the grubby hand that feeds him

This is quite possibly the best political SNL skit ever:

Donald Trump Kicks Off Sexual Assault Awareness Month By Defending Bill O’Reilly

President Donald Trump said he doesn’t think Fox News host Bill O’Reilly, who has been accused of sexual harassment by several women, did anything wrong.

Well of course not. Trump defines sexual assault differently than standard usage, just like he does wiretapping. By his standards, O'Reilly hasn't engaged in any sexual harassment.

By anyone's standards O'Reilly denies harassment and hasn't been convicted of anything.

He denies them 12 million times, right?

Ask him. Correction though, apparently he's stayed silent and not denied it, but nor confessed, my mistake. Still innocent until proven guilty though.

Interesting standard for sexual harassment cases that have been settled out of court and characterized by an uncommonly large disparity of power.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    By anyone's standards O'Reilly denies harassment and hasn't been convicted of anything.
    Innocent until proven guilty is a standard for criminal proceedings. It doesn't apply when people are suing one another. It doesn't really mean anything in such a civil proceeding, where things aren't quite so binary.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Interesting standard for sexual harassment cases that have been settled out of court and characterized by an uncommonly large disparity of power.
    It's standard normally that out of court settlements explicitly are not taken as a confession of wrongdoing. I don't know anything about the specifics of this case but I suspect it's the same.
    Innocent until proven guilty is a standard for criminal proceedings. It doesn't apply when people are suing one another. It doesn't really mean anything in such a civil proceeding, where things aren't quite so binary.
    In civil proceedings the threshold to get the equivalent of a guilty verdict is much lower (generally balance of probabilities, rather than beyond reasonable doubt) but the principle is still there even if it doesn't mean much. Hence why the media couch reporting with such words as "allegedly" or "accused".