Thread: TRUMP 2016

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    That makes you look even dumber. You don't know which regulations have been slashed, nor is there any information on how this recent decision has affected real economic growth or will affect growth in the long term (the most optimistic estimates are comparatively pessimistic). Nor do you have the slightest clue about whether or not the tax bill is fantastic, although everyone can see that the process whereby it was created was a profoundly diseased one. Trump has next to nothing to do with the campaign against ISIS--it's more accurate to say ISIS's opponents have prevailed despite Trump rather than because of him. Trump's and his admin's impact on US foreign policy and foreign relations have been negative. I'm honestly not surprised to see you trying to defend the corrupt, despicable and indefensible--it fits well your character and I've said right from the beginning that, in spite of your phony protests to the contrary, you're basically a Trumpist.
    I can have personal beefs with someone (his poor temperament, the stupidity of going after McCain for being captured, his bull shit use of eminent domain in his business years) and see that he's been fantastic in terms of policy. Not perfect (See Sessions and the stupidity with drug laws, ending the TPP) but in almost everything else its been great. Lower taxes, less regulation, terrorist organizations on the run, lower unemployment, higher GDP growth, the UN pissed at us (this is awesome to almost any Conservative) and a brand new Supreme Court Justice in the mold of Scalia. Like wow, that's some good freaken work!

If you aren't on the right than yeah you should be mad at Trump, I don't blame you. He's been incredibly effective in pushing the conservative agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I can have personal beefs with someone (his poor temperament, the stupidity of going after McCain for being captured, his bull shit use of eminent domain in his business years) and see that he's been fantastic in terms of policy. Not perfect (See Sessions and the stupidity with drug laws, ending the TPP) but in almost everything else its been great. Lower taxes, less regulation, terrorist organizations on the run, lower unemployment, higher GDP growth, the UN pissed at us (this is awesome to almost any Conservative) and a brand new Supreme Court Justice in the mold of Scalia. Like wow, that's some good freaken work!

If you aren't on the right than yeah you should be mad at Trump, I don't blame you. He's been incredibly effective in pushing the conservative agenda.
    You're an embarrassment to the term conservative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    You're an embarrassment to the term conservative.
    Lewk, there are plenty of conservatives who disagree with you, even some on this forum.

Some have left the Republican party (like George F. Will). Ohers look the other way, or even deny Trump's pathology, because they want him to sign their legislation (like you). 'Party first' used to be something the Republican party would reject, especially when it threatened our democracy (Nixon/Watergate). Even tho the GOP controls all branches of federal govt, and a majority of state govt, they're governing for Trump's base, ~ 30% of the population.

It's disingenuous, and false, for you to imply that ONLY conservatives or (R) care about things like national security, funding the military, protecting borders, or reforming immigration policy....and that teh libruls want open borders, with millions pouring into the US, mostly rapists and terrorists, from shithole countries, with amnesty and citizenship for all!

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Lewk, there are plenty of conservatives who disagree with you, even some on this forum.

Some have left the Republican party (like George F. Will). Ohers look the other way, or even deny Trump's pathology, because they want him to sign their legislation (like you). 'Party first' used to be something the Republican party would reject, especially when it threatened our democracy (Nixon/Watergate). Even tho the GOP controls all branches of federal govt, and a majority of state govt, they're governing for Trump's base, ~ 30% of the population.

It's disingenuous, and false, for you to imply that ONLY conservatives or (R) care about things like national security, funding the military, protecting borders, or reforming immigration policy....and that teh libruls want open borders, with millions pouring into the US, mostly rapists and terrorists, from shithole countries, with amnesty and citizenship for all!
    A lot of liberals do want more and more immigration because that is future votes for their party.

Let me just ask you this. Who is happy with more conservative justices on the bench? Liberals or conservatives? Regulations? Immigration? My point is that anyone who likes conservative policies should be thoroughly happy with Trump's first year. AGAIN, he's personally obnoxious and his agenda isn't perfect but by and large its been a great first year.

A lot of liberals do want more and more immigration because that is future votes for their party.
    Sounds like you think "liberals" or the (D) party would die out, if we just didn't have so many immigrants?

Let me just ask you this. Who is happy with more conservative justices on the bench? Liberals or conservatives?
    Loaded question. There were/are conservatives in the Republican party that didn't think of Scalia as "Jesus Christ of Latter Day Republicans". But if you're asking me if I want a SCOTUS heavily tilted or loaded toward one political party's agenda, no. I don't want a Republican held house, senate, and POTUS stacking the court....any more than you'd want a Democratic held house, senate, and POTUS doing the same.

Regulations? Immigration? My point is that anyone who likes conservative policies should be thoroughly happy with Trump's first year. AGAIN, he's personally obnoxious and his agenda isn't perfect but by and large its been a great first year.
    Trump's "agenda" was/is stoking anxieties and exploiting fear. Divide and conquer, just like a reality TV show. Use social media (and press coverage) to call our Free Press "fake news". The elections were rigged (until he started winning). Russian hacking is a hoax. Don't believe your lying eyes, it's all a vast left wing conspiracy. The FBI is in shambles. Don't trust any institution, even now that he's in charge. Only a stable genius like him can fix all our problems, and he can do it alone!