Page 7 of 171 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Don't let facts get in the way of your delusions. Obviously the major parties are ceding power to the networks just for shits and giggles.
    You mean Lewkowskian facts like all big media is liberal except FOX?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

All big media is big. By definition. Again, if you think the RNC or DNC can arrange a debate that gets 20 million viewers, you're living in another galaxy. I'd be impressed if they manage to get a million.
    Hope is the denial of reality

If you think that kind of a debate would get the same viewership as something aired on CNN, Fox News, or NBC, I have a bridge to sell you.
    Why do you say that? You've previously suggested I'm a Luddite, or just old-fashioned and out of date, but when push comes to shove---you sound like the one who's out of touch!

You can get a PhD in political science or international relations, but that doesn't mean you understand the role social media plays in public perceptions. Like it or not, generally speaking, even though 'the public' may have the attention span of a gnat or goldfish, and they're drawn to drama and reality TV shows, and seem confused by celebrity vs principle.....the political parties can't afford that.

Especially in the US, where just two political parties are in power.

And the reason you think the political parties (particularly the RNC) are better at social media than the big media networks is?

All big media is big. By definition. Again, if you think the RNC or DNC can arrange a debate that gets 20 million viewers, you're living in another galaxy. I'd be impressed if they manage to get a million.
    No offense intended, but you'd suck as a campaign advisor, or an operative for either party. Getting millions of viewers isn't so hard in the digital/social media era. All you have to do is create a video that goes viral. That video only has to have ONE interesting character.

I like how real Trump is; I feel, like i'm listening to a real person, and while I'd be scared if he became President, economically I'm not convinced he'd do a bad job. I hope he understands, if he wants China to behave or all the other crap he wants to accomplish through economic sanctions America alone can't do it or they'll just do business with other countries and we'll get screwed, we'd need to have international support.

I wouldn't vote for him, but I find him refreshing, and while he says many stupid things, he also says interesting things when looking at the content objectively and not having a knee jerk reaction of omg he sounds so dumb. He does sound dumb a lot of the times, but if you listen to his content he makes some interesting points, and he sounds real.
    Last edited by Lebanese Dragon; 09-02-2015 at 04:14 AM.

Proof positive that our political processes are seriously flawed.

It'd be a funny thread "Define the Republican or Democratic party in 100 words or less".

Not so "funny", but probably very real in the Twitterverse. A social media avenue that was discounted by reputable posters like Dread....

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    No offense intended, but you'd suck as a campaign advisor, or an operative for either party. Getting millions of viewers isn't so hard in the digital/social media era. All you have to do is create a video that goes viral. That video only has to have ONE interesting character.
    Viral videos are clips that go one or a few minutes long. A debate by definition is supposed to be full length. A debate doesn't go viral, a clip would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Viral videos are clips that go one or a few minutes long. A debate by definition is supposed to be full length. A debate doesn't go viral, a clip would.
    "Viral" means something can be spread across the web, including hour-long concerts....or speeches. A clip might be entertaining on its own, like a movie trailer, but that "teaser" can lead to watching the whole movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dragon View Post
    I like how real Trump is; I feel, like i'm listening to a real person, and while I'd be scared if he became President, economically I'm not convinced he'd do a bad job. I hope he understands, if he wants China to behave or all the other crap he wants to accomplish through economic sanctions America alone can't do it or they'll just do business with other countries and we'll get screwed, we'd need to have international support.

I wouldn't vote for him, but I find him refreshing, and while he says many stupid things, he also says interesting things when looking at the content objectively and not having a knee jerk reaction of omg he sounds so dumb. He does sound dumb a lot of the times, but if you listen to his content he makes some interesting points, and he sounds real.
    He'd do a good job economically despite having no clue how the economy works and promoting numerous policies that would destroy the economy if allowed to get through Congress?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    "Viral" means something can be spread across the web, including hour-long concerts....or speeches. A clip might be entertaining on its own, like a movie trailer, but that "teaser" can lead to watching the whole movie.
    Name a debate over an hour long that has gone viral.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    It'd be a funny thread "Define the Republican or Democratic party in 100 words or less".
    Democratic Party:

A political party that is supports discrimination on the basis of race. They are in favor of big government, centralized control of the economy and being soft on crime. Many support enforced requirements to join a union, are the party of anti-choice when it comes to education and wish to restrict constitutional given rights such as those outlined in the 2nd amendment. They are the pro-choice party when it comes to killing babies in the womb and are enablers of statutory rape. Their policies are the primary reasons that many inner cities are defunct.

He'd do a good job economically despite having no clue how the economy works and promoting numerous policies that would destroy the economy if allowed to get through Congress?
    You're probably right, he'd fail there too. I'd like to think he'd reach out to actually smart people on these situations, and get some international support if he plans to do any economic pressuring, but from Trumps demeanor it doesn't seem it would play out that way. I think he's used to holding the majority of the cards in a negotiation, and we don't anymore. Together we could though.

And the reason he's not reaching out to those smart people already is?

He wants to know who is paying them, first; second, he wants to see if he can afford to outbid.

I think Herman Cain is a good a analogy for where Trump is probably headed. But like Herman Cain he speaks his mind and that's what I respect about him. I also think he's a scum bag, though. He thinks he's so smart, so gifted, and amazing because he gots good genes and smarts. It's like whatever.

As far as why he hasn't consulted his many "smart" friends he references all the time as people he'd sign to do business/handle certain countries, perhaps because he's arrogant enough to think he has the outline right already, and no point to get that gnitty gritty until it's time to formulate the plan more concretely. Taht seems plausible to me.. Either that or he really doesn't have people who'd be willing to help him in that way, or lastly likely his arrogance that permeats almost all aspects of his personality tells him he already has the right plan.

Law of Parsimony dictates he is leveraging his funds toward those who can make him look good. Long time before he actually needs to vocalize those who are willing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dragon View Post
    I think Herman Cain is a good a analogy for where Trump is probably headed. But like Herman Cain he speaks his mind and that's what I respect about him. I also think he's a scum bag, though. He thinks he's so smart, so gifted, and amazing because he gots good genes and smarts. It's like whatever.

As far as why he hasn't consulted his many "smart" friends he references all the time as people he'd sign to do business/handle certain countries, perhaps because he's arrogant enough to think he has the outline right already, and no point to get that gnitty gritty until it's time to formulate the plan more concretely. Taht seems plausible to me.. Either that or he really doesn't have people who'd be willing to help him in that way, or lastly likely his arrogance that permeats almost all aspects of his personality tells him he already has the right plan.
    Do you respect people who speak their mind in real life? Who tell everyone around them that they're fat, stupid, and ugly? What exactly is the pro of this trait? Any idiot can speak their mind. It takes someone with a brain to know when not to speak and what not to say.

Do you actually believe that someone happens to be good in corporate negotiations is magically going to be good at international diplomacy? No real difference between the two, right?

Do you respect people who speak their mind in real life? Who tell everyone around them that they're fat, stupid, and ugly? What exactly is the pro of this trait? Any idiot can speak their mind. It takes someone with a brain to know when not to speak and what not to say.

Do you actually believe that someone happens to be good in corporate negotiations is magically going to be good at international diplomacy? No real difference between the two, right?
    To a certain degree absolutely, it's very hard to do and say those things. He probably by in large is used to it now, bit ut can be very hard to speak on stances yoi know many others around you don't hold or would find ridiculous or wron and say you believe them. It's hard and it's pure. Secondly, I'm not referring to his derogatory bluntness, which he also has, but really his honesty in expressing his stance, which most candidates don't do because their game is electability. But it's at the expense of ever having a real conversation

It's hard to be the village idiot? Hard to say whatever comes to your mind, no matter how stupid? How many policies has he proposed that actually make sense? As for being a straight talker, are we talking about the guy who magically became a fan of the bible?

It's not hard to be a village idiot. What's hard is when your peers have deemed it strange to go against the grain. It's hard for a man to wear a skirt, or to wear a toga in public becuase it's against the grain. It's likely a surivival instinct of our a second level mammalian brain that says hey social status is important, and there is actual some truth that. Being able to look at a situation objectively and say there is nothign wrong with walking around in my boxers outside. It's not illegal, my neighbors will judge me, but so what takes balls. Sometimes when you have an opinion that you know is a minority opinion and people will think your strange for having it, or your with a staunchly anti-common core crowd and your pro, it takes a balls to say it. Becuase partly your mammallian brain will go haywire sending all kinds of crazy chemical, so you have to overcome that. And then when you take out those automatic knee jerk chemicals you have to objectively try to decide whether you want to have that battle. Taht's why being yourself is so hard. At least it can be. Now where does trump come from, is he a person intelligently deciding it's worthwhile to speak his mind, and overcoming the social pressure not to? maybe maybe not, he might just be the guy that as soon as he thinks it he says it... no thought (village idiot as you say), eitherway he's grow a pair of balls that's admirable, and he's a human he goes through the same emotions we all do. I find that part of him admirable, even though I think objectively even if he believed half the stuff he says, it would fall in the I dont' say category (not because of the peer pressure) but becuase it's just dumb.

So he's dumb, but admirable. hopefully that made sense.

Lastly, I wanted to offer a constructive criticism which I hope doesn't fall completely on deaf ears, you have a habit, or perspective that constantly has you throwing the baby out with the bath water. It's like this person is a moron so nothing they can do or say is good. It's like a person who believes the world is flat.. yeah they may be dumb for beliving that but they may have other ideas which are well thought out and useful, and one perk I'd say, is again, at least they can go against the grain, even if it's crazy talk. At least they can decide to think for themselves. (presuming their not just parroting the words of their crazy parents). Hopefully you get what I mean. I know it's not going to really change your life at all, but take it as a pattern I've noticed, and it may or may not be applicable to you.

Trump has pledged not to run as an Independent against the Republican candidate.

An unenforceable promise.

No but one its difficult to undo without destroying all credibility.

All he has to say is that the GOP started treating him unfairly after this.

Because it's not like the Independants, or anyone who would still be voting for Trump if he lost the GOP nomination, would care about it. Now if he'd pledged to not run with a major party and backed out on it, that might mean something.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I think it will prevent him scoring ~1/5 of the votes like Perot.