Page 122 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,660 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

What's the Walmart story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    What's the Walmart story?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/b...g-council.html

Walmart’s chief executive has issued a strong rebuke of President Trump’s response to the protests that turned violent in Charlottesville, Va., saying the president “missed a critical opportunity to help bring our country together.”
    The criticism came in a statement that the retailer’s chief executive, Doug McMillon, emailed to employees Monday evening, which was reviewed by The New York Times. The statement was later posted on a company website.
    “As we watched the events and the response from President Trump over the weekend, we too felt that he missed a critical opportunity to help bring our country together by unequivocally rejecting the appalling actions of white supremacists,” he wrote.
    Mr. McMillon’s statement came amid a backlash against the president for what critics viewed as a tepid initial response to violence at last weekend’s rally of white supremacists and right-wing extremists, which left one counterprotester dead. On Monday, the chief executives of Merck, Under Armour and Intel said that they would step down from a presidential advisory council for manufacturing.
    On Tuesday, a fourth executive, Scott Paul, president of an organization called the Alliance for American Manufacturing, announced via Twitter that he would resign from the presidential council because “it’s the right thing for me to do.”
    Continue reading the main story
    Mr. Trump, who was quick on Monday to respond to the resignation of Merck’s chief, took to Twitter on Tuesday to respond to the growing list of departures.
    For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) Aug. 15, 2017
    Despite Mr. McMillon’s criticism, a Walmart spokesman said he would continue to serve on a presidential advisory council on economic development. Mr. McMillon, in his note, said he believed that the company “should stay engaged to try to influence decisions in a positive way and help bring people together.”
    He also noted that the president’s follow-up remarks on Monday, in which he called out neo-Nazis and white supremacists specifically, were “a step in the right direction and we need that clarity and consistency in the future.”
    While Walmart has not publicized Mr. McMillon’s statements, the company is not trying to hide them. Mr. McMillon’s comments on the internal company website are also viewable by the public.
    Walmart, the nation’s largest private employer, has to walk a fine line in addressing the racial tensions that have exploded this week.

Its giant work force of 1.5 million people and customer base are a racially, geographically and politically diverse group. At the same time, the company has a lot at stake in how the White House formulates policy, particularly around taxes.
    Retailers have been especially concerned about a proposed border adjustment tax that would have increased the cost of imported goods.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Good on McMillon.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Rumour that Trump is going to sack Bannan.

Please, please, please, please, please let it be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    You'll recall from previous discussions that Lewk wants us to keep an eye on people who visit the wrong websites.
    Absolutely. A site that for example talks about how cool jihad is and how more Muslim brothers should take up arms is one I want Homeland security looking into. Political opponents of a President or a protest group is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Absolutely. A site that for example talks about how cool jihad is and how more Muslim brothers should take up arms is one I want Homeland security looking into. Political opponents of a President or a protest group is completely different.
    And. . . what is the Constitutional difference between protesting a President and saying positive things jihad about jihad? Are negative comments protected speech and positive comments illegal?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    And. . . what is the Constitutional difference between protesting a President and saying positive things jihad about jihad? Are negative comments protected speech and positive comments illegal?
    Don't be obtuse. Public statements can and should be used in an investigation. Are you really suggesting that someone bragging about how great jihadists are shouldn't be investigated? And yes if you are lurking Loki - I think white supremacists that are cheering the death of the protester should be investigated as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Don't be obtuse. Public statements can and should be used in an investigation. Are you really suggesting that someone bragging about how great jihadists are shouldn't be investigated?
    Yes, I am. If someone were asking about how they could join the jihad or otherwise expressing a desire to engage in those activities that might be cause for further investigation but just speaking well of it or those who have engaged in it? No. Public statements have to demonstrate an intent to engage in criminal conduct. You can't just be approving of criminal activity, Lewk, you have to provide probable cause that you are actually going to engage in criminal activity yourself. See, there's this distinction between thought and deed that's kinda relevant to criminality. You can't illegalize a sentiment, an opinion, and just having one is not grounds for suspicion and investigation.

Yes, I am. If someone were asking about how they could join the jihad or otherwise expressing a desire to engage in those activities that might be cause for further investigation but just speaking well of it or those who have engaged in it? No. Public statements have to demonstrate an intent to engage in criminal conduct. You can't just be approving of criminal activity, Lewk, you have to provide probable cause that you are actually going to engage in criminal activity yourself. See, there's this distinction between thought and deed that's kinda relevant to criminality. You can't illegalize a sentiment, an opinion, and just having one is not grounds for suspicion and investigation.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. Investigation into someone espousing support for terrorist activities (regardless of their stripe) is license to *investigate.* Not punish, not jail or fine but just to look into. If there is smoke there may be fire.

What do you think an investigation entails, Lewk? Searches. We have a context here for exactly that, compelling private entities to hand over their records to police authority. That means an application of the 4th amendment, a search warrant issued under "probable cause." Probable cause has a meaning. A reasonable suspicion supported by circumstances sufficient to justify a prudent and cautious person's belief that there is a substantial chance of criminal activity. Illinois vs Gates, a 1983 Rehnquist decision which significantly loosened the interpretation of probable cause. You would need a lot more than just statements speaking approvingly of jihad or cheering terrorist activity to justify a warrant.

Now Trump's lost his entire Strategic and Policy Forum.

You can't quit if I fire you first!

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/trum...icy-forum.html

I just. . . I hate this man so much.

I love the spin they're trying to put on it after the decision to disband the groups had already been leaked, esp. in light of his very recent boast that he could replace each defector with a multitude of better CEOs.

Fox's comment section has been truly remarkable for the past day and a half. Gives me a little hope.

But I can't help but feel as if the predictions from earlier in the thread, that Trump's victory would embolden the far right in dangerous ways, are coming true.

You can't quit if I fire you first!

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/trum...icy-forum.html

I just. . . I hate this man so much.
    There, there *pat pat*

Perhaps this tweet will make you feel a little better:

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Spoiler:

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Bannon and Mooch (who is he?) have been fired

Now if you can find a way to fire Trump then you might get back on track.

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Bannon and Mooch (who is he?) have been fired

Now if you can find a way to fire Trump then you might get back on track.
    We can only hope.
    But so far it is playing out as I predicted (with the exception of Trump's total inability to control himself on Twitter).
    http://theworldforgotten.com/showthr...l=1#post184258
    I can't help but note in particular how long Kelley and Bannon have been at odds which gives weight to the idea that it was pressure from Kelley as Chief of Staff which finally pushed Bannon out. Though the way he undercut Trump's incredibly dangerous grandstanding toward North Korea could also easily be blamed. Even in a normal administration, that sort of interview will get you fired even though the comment about the danger to Seoul meaning we have no military solution is unadulterated truth.

Bannon himself said he expected to last 8-12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Bannon himself said he expected to last 8-12 months.
    That's like a term and a half in Trump years.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

holy shit this is amazing

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

https://news.vice.com/story/trump-arts-committee-resist

Another notch in America's collective fuck you towards the president.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...-honors-we-are

Almost as if it's become a game for who can give Trump the most polite fuck you.

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Steely, are you the Email Prankster?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/22/u...T.nav=top-news

Loki do you still claim the Senate GOP is lockstep aligned with Trump?

Why don't we wait and see what they say with their actions?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...ublic-meltdown
    TRUMP GOES OFF-SCRIPT IN HOUR-LONG PUBLIC MELTDOWN
    Trump explained that the biggest victim in the Charlottesville violence last weekend was, in fact, himself.

and that is why the Phoenix Mayor straight up said that Trump wasn't welcome in his city. If this orange terror actually goes through with pardoning Arpaio he is going to hand Arizona to the Dems.