Page 2 of 171 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Because he is the only republican that has a chance in hell against Clinton.
    WHAT???

Do you seriously think the country wants another Bush in office? Bush might well get clobbered in the primaries.

Edit: what do you have against Hillary...or do you just want to see a race between the two of them?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    WHAT???

Do you seriously think the country wants another Bush in office? Bush might well get clobbered in the primaries.

Edit: what do you have against Hillary...or do you just want to see a race between the two of them?
    Clinton backs wall street, NAFTA, and cheating husbands.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    WHAT???

No, I don't think people want a third Bush. But the candidate list is fairly uninspiring and ignoring the fact that Jeb is a Bush, he is the best they're offering, IMO, and also hits the most "electability" criteria. People will have their personal favorites of course, like Huckabee (whose consistent last-place performance in multiple past nomination races demonstrates that the GOP voters just don't like him), Christie, or Walker, but Jeb also has a fair portion of what people like about those candidates and more besides. He's very well-rounded, politically speaking.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    No, I don't think people want a third Bush. But the candidate list is fairly uninspiring and ignoring the fact that Jeb is a Bush, he is the best they're offering, IMO, and also hits the most "electability" criteria. People will have their personal favorites of course, like Huckabee (whose consistent last-place performance in multiple past nomination races demonstrates that the GOP voters just don't like him), Christie, or Walker, but Jeb also has a fair portion of what people like about those candidates and more besides. He's very well-rounded, politically speaking.
    People keep saying that the list is 'uninspiring' but honestly you have a full range of folks. Governors with executive leadership, senators with legislative experience and plenty of folks with minimal baggage as well.

So you must be a cable subscriber to watch the debate. That's fucked up FOX and Facebook. Who the fuck is your audience?

old people stuck in the past. Thats got GOP and cable written all over it.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Rubio "If this election is a resumé competition, Hilary Clinton will be the next President."

BUAHAHAHAHA

https://www.reddit.com/live/vcum7xwwd9rz
    This is getting hilarious
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Thanks OG, better than nothing.

There were plenty of non-cable streams available, that worked better than the official.

At any rate, it was better than anyone's wildest wet dreams could have hoped for.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I liked the part where Cruz managed to call for violating international law (confiscating passports from Americans who don't have a second nationality) and praise a dictator (el-Sisi) in consecutive sentences.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I'll give it to Trump, he hit a home run when he talked about buying politicans, even Hillary. The system is corrupt, but its rare to see someone talk about how they were a part of it.

and huckabee could have done a lot with his comment concerning the military being an object to kill people and break things, if the context wasn't him trying to attack gays serving.

And yet he couldn't name a single serious example where the donations provided results. Incidentally, what's a better way to prove that you don't hate all women than to go after the only female moderator after the debate.

I'm no fan of Trump and never saw the debate, but I'm no fan of tokenism or labels either. The moderator might have been good or bad but her gender ought not play a role in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Unless she is Rosie O'Donnell

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    And yet he couldn't name a single serious example where the donations provided results.
    Uh, what about the wedding that Clinton attended? Trump made it clear he gave her money and then told her to come to the wedding.

You call that a serious example? Getting a politician to attend your daughter's wedding? What awful corruption.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/here-a...50256782.html#
    Last edited by Loki; 08-07-2015 at 07:54 PM.

I wish i was paid for some weddings I went to, would have made up for the boredom.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I'm no fan of Trump and never saw the debate, but I'm no fan of tokenism or labels either. The moderator might have been good or bad but her gender ought not play a role in it.
    'Trump also said she "really bombed," and he retweeted a dozen fans who criticized her hostility and called her a "bimbo."'

Yeah, I'm not getting how 'ooh, she attended the wedding' is some big political coup. I mean, like, even at lower levels, someone you have a professional/friendly/whatever relationship with invites you to their/the offspring's/ the pet chinchilla's wedding, you go. For some, if you have a really good excuse you can just send a gift and forget about it - but in general, you just suck up your thoughts of 'ugh, wedding' and go.

You call that a serious example? Getting a politician to attend your daughter's wedding? What awful corruption.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/here-a...50256782.html#
    Really, a list that doesn't include where the big hidden money goes? Useless. Show me what he put into political action committees. And it was Trump's own wedding not his daughters.

So you're agreeing with me that Trump didn't actually say what his donations bought.

So you're agreeing with me that Trump didn't actually say what his donations bought.
    Trump made it very clear what he bought with his donations, politicians. You should look back at the transcripts. It led into his tirade about how corrupt our system is. Of course his conclusion is that he can't be bought because he doesn't need the money.

Which politicians did Trump "buy" that did things for him they would have fiercely resisted doing if he hadn't given them money? What laws did he buy? Which contracts? I have no doubt giving lots of money to politicians can be beneficial to those who do so, but it is kinda dumb to pretend that that is the same as buying someone
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Trump made it very clear what he bought with his donations, politicians. You should look back at the transcripts. It led into his tirade about how corrupt our system is. Of course his conclusion is that he can't be bought because he doesn't need the money.
    Are you serious? He did nothing of the sort. He gave a stupid example of having someone attend his wedding.

The bolded part is his tirade,

BAIER: Mr. Trump, it's not just your past support for single- payer health care. You've also supported a host of other liberal policies. Use -- you've also donated to several Democratic candidates, Hillary Clinton included, Nancy Pelosi.

You explained away those donations saying you did that to get business-related favors.

And you said recently, quote, "When you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to do."

TRUMP: You'd better believe it.

BAIER: So what specifically did...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: That's true.

BAIER: -- they do?

TRUMP: If I ask them, if I need them, you know, most of the people on this stage I've given to, just so you understand, a lot of money.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Not me.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Not me.

(LAUGHTER)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: But you're welcome to give me (INAUDIBLE) Donald if you'd like.

TRUMP: Many of them.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Actually, to be clear...

(CROSSTALK)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: -- he supported Charlie Crist.

TRUMP: Not much.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hey, Charlie...

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: But I...

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: -- Donald, if you...

(CROSSTALK) TRUMP: I have good...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: -- this campaign, I hope you will give to me.

TRUMP: Good.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK.

TRUMP: Sounds good. Sounds good to me, Governor.

I will tell you that our system is broken. I gave to many people, before this, before two months ago, I was a businessman. I give to everybody. When they call, I give.

And do you know what?

When I need something from them two years later, three years later, I call them, they are there for me.
    UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So what did you get?

TRUMP: And that's a broken system.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What did you get from Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi?

TRUMP: Well, I'll tell you what, with Hillary Clinton, I said be at my wedding and she came to my wedding.

You know why?

She didn't have a choice because I gave. I gave to a foundation that, frankly, that foundation is supposed to do good. I didn't know her money would be used on private jets going all over the world. It was.

But...

(BUZZER NOISE)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0923c12bd079c Rand, still don't think he's a sexist pig?

He's a disgusting sexist pig - and the Republican base won't give a shit.

He's not supported by the Republican base. Note Trump's attack against Fox News. And his unwillingness to write off an independent run. He's supported by token Republicans who actually hate the party (more so than even the Tea Partyers).

Right, and those outliers are enough to make him win national polls (granted, everything I have read says their polling practices are shoddy).

Still, you forget, the base is not woman-friendly at all. Binders of women. Waste half a billion on women's health.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    He's a disgusting sexist pig - and the Republican base won't give a shit.
    There is a huge list of reasons Trump is awful. Let's start with:

"In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat." Direct quote from Trump. Trump is a pathetic joke and the faster reality comes crashing back down the better. This actually happens quite a bit in the early part of the the Primary season. Remember Howard Dean?