Page 53 of 171 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Ask Democrat voters what? What kind of equivalent results?

Here, you can play around with the poll results yourself:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...111b_page.html
    By 17 to 71 Democrats think Bill's behaviour is an issue to Trump.

Only 16% of Democrats think Hillary's behaviour isn't an issue compared to 38% of Independents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Pretty sure any sane person wouldn't claim moral equivalence here. Bill Clinton isn't running for president. Trump didn't seem too pleased when his spouse was attacked.
    We aren't talking about sane people here we are talking about partisan voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Partisan voters who think sexual assault is just a distraction.

Akin lost the support of ~1/4 of all Republicans after talking about "legitimate rape."
    Hope is the denial of reality

That's a very dramatic effect.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Because some issues make even partisans think twice about their favored candidate. For Trumpistas, sexual assault is not one of them. Neither is borderline pedophilia.

This is not normal: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...gingrich-pence And yes, these are Republican elites, most of whom are either taking part in Trump's attempt to destroy democracy or are passively standing by.

Trump is going to lose an overwhelming landslide defeat. Hillary has more chance of winning Texas than Trump does the Oval Office FFS. So yes many partisans are for very good reason rejecting him.

https://image-store.slidesharecdn.co...8e7-large.jpeg

If I wouldn't know better, I'd say he's calling for a violent overthrow of the US government. And no, I don't know better.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Trump is going to lose an overwhelming landslide defeat. Hillary has more chance of winning Texas than Trump does the Oval Office FFS. So yes many partisans are for very good reason rejecting him.
    He has the support of ~80% of Republican voters (who have two other choices in McMullin and Johnson) and a vast majority of Republican legislators.

When are those Tweets from? Sounds like 2000 but that can't be right. Heard LOTS of comments like that from bitter losers in 2000 and through the whole of Bush's Presidency. Moore and others said similar.

80% of a parties partisans will support a monkey in the right coloured rosette. To have lost 20% is an incredible defeat. Oh and you have explained repeatedly why Johnson et al are NOT choices.

Also legislators in our partisan electoral system rarely have a choice but to endorse their candidate publicly (or STFU) for self preservation. Trump will be a footnote in history in a few weeks whereas they have their careers to worry about.

That doesn't make sense Obama won the popular vote significantly in 2012. The messages mirror what many on the left said about 2000.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/16/media/donald-trump-snl/

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Planting the seed of revolt, one Tweet at a time.

If Trump loses this election, he'll contest it, and after he fails (assuming no-one uncovers "evidence" of Russians tampering with the election to make Clinton win), his supporters are going to start fucking up the whole country.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

That doesn't make sense Obama won the popular vote significantly in 2012. The messages mirror what many on the left said about 2000.
    It doesn't make sense, no. However, this is what his supporters are talking about, and they're talking about Obama. Many believe he lost the popular vote. Others believe that the election must have been rigged because they think that he was losing the popular vote in all the polls leading up to the election. They occasionally also reference the 2000 election in support of the claim that the system is rigged--which either shows that they're genuinely mad about having an electoral system where the winner of the popular vote loses the election, or shows that many of them really are anti-establishment rather than simply "right-wing".
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Of course many Trump supporters are anti establishment rather than right wing. How is that news?

We already had one attempted terrorist attack by Trumpistas. What's the over/under of attempted attacks once he loses? 5? 10? At which point does the legal system start blaming him?

Incitement to violence is a crime.

Can you imagine the shit show if Trump was arrested like an average joe? Hell, even his rape case doesn't start until after the election.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Incitement to violence is a crime.
    Freedom of speech in the US makes it difficult to prosecute someone for incitement unless they're inciting specific acts against specific individuals.

Because some issues make even partisans think twice about their favored candidate. For Trumpistas, sexual assault is not one of them. Neither is borderline pedophilia.

This is not normal: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...gingrich-pence And yes, these are Republican elites, most of whom are either taking part in Trump's attempt to destroy democracy or are passively standing by.
    "Pence dodged Trump’s outright accusation, telling NBC’s Meet the Press: “So many Americans feel like this election is being rigged.”"

*sighs* The GGT-ification of America.

I'm curious though. The article claims racially charged comments from Guiliani, but they're not in any of the quotes I see provided. Instead, I see a quote about Chicago, followed by the journalist saying Chicago has a large black population. A follow-on quote about the dead voting is, again, a crack at the Daly machine and the 1960 Presidential election. So it looks to me like the Guardian is, in fact, doing exactly what the Trump campaign is alleging about the media deliberately lying about the campaign.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    "Pence dodged Trump’s outright accusation, telling NBC’s Meet the Press: “So many Americans feel like this election is being rigged.”"

*sighs* The GGT-ification of America.

I'm curious though. The article claims racially charged comments from Guiliani, but they're not in any of the quotes I see provided. Instead, I see a quote about Chicago, followed by the journalist saying Chicago has a large black population. A follow-on quote about the dead voting is, again, a crack at the Daly machine and the 1960 Presidential election. So it looks to me like the Guardian is, in fact, doing exactly what the Trump campaign is alleging about the media deliberately lying about the campaign.
    In this election, what voters "feel" has become more important than reality.

They mostly talk about Philly, inner cities, and Black Panthers.

I wonder why Hillary simply doesn't pull the plug on the 3rd debate.
    Congratulations America

Why give Trump more ammunition? He's destroying himself and the GOP just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    A follow-on quote about the dead voting is, again, a crack at the Daly machine and the 1960 Presidential election.

Not that well versed on how widely dead people voted in 1960, but part of his quote is listed below. If it was a crack as you suggest I don't see the reason to make it specifically about inner cities.

"I'm sorry, dead people generally vote for Democrats rather than Republicans," the former New York City mayor told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union." "You want me to (say) that I think the election in Philadelphia and Chicago is going to be fair? I would have to be a moron to say that."

"I can't sit here and tell you that they don't cheat. And I know that because they control the polling places in these areas. There are no Republicans, and it's very hard to get people there who will challenge votes. So what they do is, they leave dead people on the rolls and then they pay people to vote as dead people, four, five, six, seven" times, Giuliani said.
    "I've found very few situations where Republicans cheat. They don't control the inner cities the way Democrats do. Maybe if Republicans controlled the inner cities, they'd do as much cheating as Democrats do," he said.

This seems to fit rather squarely with his history of saying stupid racist shit without realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I wonder why Hillary simply doesn't pull the plug on the 3rd debate.
    Its a game of chicken, Trump has made several comments about not wanting to do a 3rd debate, going so far as to suggest that Hilary should be drug tested before it. Why give him what he wants?

Why give Trump more ammunition? He's destroying himself and the GOP just fine.
    Indeed, to be a Democrat in America this year must be like being a Tory here. The "opposition" just doesn't exist and is not just going to throw this election but cause lasting damage to the party once the incapable "leader" is gone.

The question now is not whether the Democrats will win the Presidency this year (they will).

The question is will they get an almost unprecedented clean sweep of House, Senate, Presidency and SCOTUS.
    The question is how the heck the GOP get their act together for 2020.

As a non-Democrat or Republican, it's horrifying, because we're either heading towards national collapse or a one-party state.

Not that well versed on how widely dead people voted in 1960, but part of his quote is listed below. If it was a crack as you suggest I don't see the reason to make it specifically about inner cities.
    Because that's where this kind of party machine has always existed in the US, since its beginning with organizations like Tammany Hall. I don't know if Philadelphia has that kind of political machine still in operation (it wouldn't surprise me given the corruption stories I've heard but I've never really looked at the city), but Chicago sure as hell does. It's got nothing to do with race though, and I don't see anything in Guiliani's comments which would suggest he meant it that way or even that it could be construed that way even if he didn't intend such a meaning. They're two completely unrelated topics.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

They're referring to Black Panther actions in Philly in 2012, Fuzzy.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...82613633208320

Now he's accusing Clinton of backing violence against him. Gee, I wonder how some of his crazier supporters are going to react to that.

They're referring to Black Panther actions in Philly in 2012, Fuzzy.
    Where is Guiliani saying anything about the Black Panthers? I see nothing in your cited Guardian article attributed to Guiliani that comes close to "racially charged."

I've gone over the whole transcript from the CNN thing his remarks were taken from. Again, nothing, not ONE WORD, that comes close to what you allege, to something that is racially charged. The Guardian took something that has a surface correlation, urban inner cities and black populations, and decided that they were synonyms in a context where they do not, in fact, have any linkages whatsoever.

Loki, you're not doing basic fact-checking. You didn't do it yesterday when you declared that a Democrat sheriff was a GOP party elite, you didn't do it here, you haven't done it on a lot of your posting in this thread. If Politifact were monitoring this forum, it would show you're trying to give Trump a run for his money.
    Last edited by LittleFuzzy; 10-16-2016 at 11:34 PM.