Page 109 of 171 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I agree, but the possibility of the GOP being able to ride the crazy train into a 10 year Pence presidency is to much for them turn away from.
    Is Pence that special?

When he was selected I seem to recall people suggesting that Trump was following the maxim of "its a good idea to always have a Veep less popular than you are". I suspect the second parts is no longer true but is Pence really all that, that its worth waiting until after the midterms?

If its going to be done then to quote Macbeth:
    If it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well

It were done quickly.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Hope is the denial of reality

Meanwhile. the Washington Post has a tape of Ryan discussing Russia/Ukraine with some other Republicans back in June of 2016, and at the end of the transcript one of the Republicans basically says "I think Putin pays Trump and <some other dude>" and Ryan says "This is off the record... No leaks"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/...209/?tid=a_inl

Ryan says he was joking, and there is a lot of [laughter] in the transcript, but the context of the conversation - Russian tactics to destabilize Ukraine, riling up populists and so forth and how they were also doing it in other countries - makes it sound like what the guy was saying was his genuine opinion.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

A lot of [laughter] hard to tell from a transcript whether someone is being serious, jokey or sarcastic.

"What's said in the family stays in the family" - the GOP is Vegas now?

Being serious though, it reads like the first few pages is serious and there isn't much [laughter] in the first few pages, but by the end it goes down a lighthearted sidetrack. I think he is joking at the end (and Ukraine etc isn't being discussed by the end). Reads like a serious conversation ends with people joking around.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

It would be helpful if Wapo released the tape itself so we can hear them, and judge for ourselves. There's also the section of the conversation before hand where they talk about the Russian hack of the DNC and the resulting intelligence being passed on to Trump.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Oh yeah, they first lied about it to the Washington Post, and only claimed it was a joke when WP revealed they had a recording. So that's a good look.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Big hitter, don't think anyone will be able to call it a sham/whitewash etc though feelings are so high I suspect afterwards someone on one side at least will.

Some are speculating Rosenstein was upset at attacks against his character by people he like; trying to salvage his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Big hitter, don't think anyone will be able to call it a sham/whitewash etc though feelings are so high I suspect afterwards someone on one side at least will.
    As a demonstration as to how incestuous Washington regularly is. . . so Mueller has been appointed special prosecutor to continue the investigation sacked FBI Director Comey can't. The last time a special prosecutor was appointed, it was by then-Deputy AG Comey to make an investigation which then-FBI Director Mueller could not properly do.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

LOL!

Special Prosecutor always makes me think of Ken Starr. That's the only one I recall making a major impact though probably missed quite a few since.

Well, this is getting very hard to keep up with but the latest Scandal Thing is that Flynn /told/ the transition team he was under investigation for working as a lobbyist for Turkey, but became National Security Adviser anyway.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

It makes sense. Who'd know more about threats to national security than someone who is himself a threat to national security?

Fox's Facebook has been absolutely delightful this past week. I can understand how Trump still has an 80%+ approval rating among Republican voters.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    LOL!

Special Prosecutor always makes me think of Ken Starr. That's the only one I recall making a major impact though probably missed quite a few since.
    Not really. There was Starr's replacement in the Whitewater investigation, after which the congressionally-set protocols lapsed and it reverted to DoJ, and the only one since then is the one Comey set up regarding the naming of Valerie Plame.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    So, that will be fun in Israel, given that he leaked Israel's intel to Russia even though they asked the US expressly to keep the Russians out of it.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Another story that would be massive in any other circumstances.

Donald Trump campaign repeatedly met with Russia to set up secret communications channel, report reveals

Michael Flynn has done some new bullshit as well.

It is impossible to keep track of all the treason.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Original source: http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN18E106

We're gonna run out of popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    So, that will be fun in Israel, given that he leaked Israel's intel to Russia even though they asked the US expressly to keep the Russians out of it.
    Not clear it was the Israelis. Some press reports point to the Jordanians (which is actually where I first surmised it had come from). I imagine it's very hard to know without actually being one of the intelligence agencies in question. If it was Israel, though, it's highly unlikely they'll make a public fuss (though plenty of ex-intelligence chiefs in Israel have done so) - any disagreements on sensitive matters like intelligence sharing will be discussed quietly.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Whoever it was I am sure they are less than happy to see confirmed their people are inside IS in Raqqa.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Whoever it was I am sure they are less than happy to see confirmed their people are inside IS in Raqqa.
    Absolutely. The sheer number of unforced errors from this administration is staggering. If you're going to piss off an ally and imperil their intelligence gathering, at least do it over something that matters.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/u...omey.html?_r=0

Yeah so that worked out well ...

Snl did this exact sketch.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I am honest to God lmao at how Trumpites are lapping up the Saudi celebration of Trump's visit.

Michael Flynn is going to plead the 5th.

I hereby designate him Fallguy Mcfallguyface.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

LOL

It's a bit ironic that days after the media writing constantly about the choice of the women in the Trump entourage not to wear veils in Saudi Arabia, nothing is thought of them being forced to wear black veils in the Vatican.
    Congratulations America

Someone must have pointed out that some of the car manufacturers who haven't met their quotas into his reelection fund are foreign-owned.

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Lewk, so was one Supreme Court judge worth destroying NATO and allowing Chinese dominance in the Pacific?