Page 167 of 171 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,010 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    He clarified that he meant it doesn't matter to those supporting the witch hunt, but that kinda clarified more about his thinking than I imagine he'd like.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Hope is the denial of reality

These kids from a catholic HS were accompanied by adult chaperones. Christianity in America is skin-deep at best.

School has made their twitter private and disabled their facebook page. $10 they hope the 3 day weekend allows this to blow over.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    These kids from a catholic HS were accompanied by adult chaperones. Christianity in America is skin-deep at best.
    The problem isn't that it's skin-deep. It's that Christianity has long been used to explicitly justify terrible behaviors (including slavery). There are parts of this country where churches still teach that whites are superior to blacks.

Not just churches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

The problem isn't that it's skin-deep. It's that Christianity has long been used to explicitly justify terrible behaviors (including slavery). There are parts of this country where churches still teach that whites are superior to blacks.
    The VP's wife works for an Evangelical Christian School that teaches homosexuality is immoral, and they require employees sign heterosexual 'morality' clauses. Pence says any claims of discrimination is actually against Evangelical Christians.

according to heavy.com the parent of the lead dipshit here is blaming it on black muslims and that the fake news is going to ruin her boy's life.

these kids have no hope in learning from this.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

OG, when you make blanket statements like that, you risk sounding just as bad as Lewk!

And when you post important stories like this in the "TRUMP 2016" thread, you might as well bury any important message or principle you want to make....because it gets lost in the noise of everything Trump touches dies.

edit: the same applies to Loki (who posted the video first). I wish everyone would stop using this thread to make every criticism of Trump, or blame everything on Trump!
    Last edited by GGT; 01-20-2019 at 03:23 AM.

That's certainly true--although Catholicism's relationship with slavery has been a complicated one--but there are also many who believe those things are contrary to their religion as they understand it (and, I suspect, how most westerners understand it). Both in the US and elsewhere, many churches have taken it upon themselves to help refugees, asylum seekers and assorted vulnerable migrants. Just a couple of months ago, the US Conference of Catholic Bishops overwhelmingly endorsed a pastoral letter focused on working against racism, including structural racism and its consequences, as well as xenophobia. It's easier to reconcile such activities with the ideal conception of Christianity than it is to reconcile atrocities with the same.

There's a big disconnect between the northern or foreign leadership of churches and the local leadership in rural or southern areas.

There's a big disconnect between the northern or foreign leadership of churches and the local leadership in rural or southern areas.
    That's true, but there also appears to be a growing disconnect between regular Catholics as a group and their religious leaders (and the prevailing image of catholicism), on a variety of religious and social issues, eg. contraception, gender rights, LGBT+ rights etc. I haven't seen any info on how strong the internal polarization is, ie. how strongly progressive Catholics and non-progressive Catholics respectively feel about these issues, but there are divisions.

Build a wall and crime will fall.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

LOL
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a4047326.html

Trump's strategy appears to be to hold Mueller off indefinitely by continuing to commit crimes.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    LOL
    Hah but seriously the use of an armed FBI raid on someone like this is kind of absurd. This is how Sal died...

https://deadspin.com/bets-and-bullet...wat-1677469592

If the potential criminal isn't violent there is really no need for these sorts of theatrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Hah but seriously the use of an armed FBI raid on someone like this is kind of absurd. This is how Sal died...

https://deadspin.com/bets-and-bullet...wat-1677469592

If the potential criminal isn't violent there is really no need for these sorts of theatrics.
    Because all of a sudden, when it's a middle to upper class WHITE GUY, all your constant demands for overwhelming force are suddenly a bad idea because a probable criminal might get injured or killed before their trial. You CHEER when black people suspected of being criminals get shot. Your racist little shit.

Your article mentions how this happens because the people of Fairfax County don't really care. That's because they're all exactly like you.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Hah but seriously the use of an armed FBI raid on someone like this is kind of absurd.
    The asshole threatened to kill a witness and even steal a service animal. You just don't hand a person like that a summons.

even steal a service animal
    fucking what

*googles*

*googles more*

fucking what
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Someone obviously never has run across a seeing-eye dog? Or a dog which is trained to detect epileptic seizures?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

uh, which word in there do you think i was reacting to?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

The asshole threatened to kill a witness and even steal a service animal. You just don't hand a person like that a summons.
    Dude is already walking around on bail, get real.

I hope they make sure he doesn't go near anyone's dog.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Something else you hate when it's a black man rather than a middle or upper class white.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Because all of a sudden, when it's a middle to upper class WHITE GUY, all your constant demands for overwhelming force are suddenly a bad idea because a probable criminal might get injured or killed before their trial. You CHEER when black people suspected of being criminals get shot. Your racist little shit.

Your article mentions how this happens because the people of Fairfax County don't really care. That's because they're all exactly like you.
    I wonder where he gets it from.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Steely, I thought you'd want to hear this from me: this is, by far, the most consequential information that has come out of the Mueller investigation to date. The rest of the indictments are generally of peripheral importance - people lying when it was a crime to do so, or Russians who we already know interfered in the election and have no chance of being brought to justice. Even the Cohen allegations that implicate Trump in some campaign finance violations is relatively tame and highly unlikely to result in an impeachment.

But some of the allegations in the Stone indictment seem to clearly link the campaign to Wikileaks (and, by extension, the Russian intelligence establishment). It appears that Stone's correspondence implicates him in coordinating the timing and content of Wikileaks' email dumps to meet the needs of the campaign. The information to date is still a bit unclear - notably who on the campaign was aware of and/or directing Stone's efforts, whether he actually coordinated with Wikileaks or just claimed their timing as his success, and to what degree the campaign was aware they were cooperating with a Russian intelligence operation. But on the face of it, this seems to be a clear link between the campaign and a Russian intelligence front, where the release of illegally obtained documents was timed to weaken the Clinton campaign and distract from Trump's campaign challenges late in 2016, notably the Access Hollywood tape and subsequent accusations.

Obviously there's more digging to be done and Stone may have exaggerated his role in all of this. But if this link is borne out, I think that your long-held assertion that the campaign (and, potentially, the President) were directly colluding with Russian intelligence to influence the election may indeed be correct. Mea culpa.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Something else you hate when it's a black man rather than a middle or upper class white.
    Non-violent crimes don't need SWAT teams.

Non-violent crimes don't need SWAT teams.
    Best to use overpowering force to over-awe anyone thinking of doing something stupid. That's your mantra elsewhere. It would be your mantra here if he wasn't a white Trump supporter.