Page 131 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    why are you so weird
    Gonna be using that word a lot more as the Mueller investigation progresses, so I figured I might as well get some practice.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen. It has finally happened. We have hit peak Whataboutism.

19 is and has always been an adult past the age of consent, not diddling with a child.
    why are you so weird
    His usage is entirely correct unlike your sentence which misses a capital letter and a question mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen. It has finally happened. We have hit peak Whataboutism.

It isn't clear exactly which item Ann is talking about - she's all over the map on this one. Here are the other two tweets in between that one. If she's clearly stating that "Sex with a 14 year old is the same as sex with a 19 year old" then yeah she's full of shit. But she could also be talking about double standards about sex scandals the MSM has by mentioning Bill Clinton rape accusations, JFK adultery (possible workplace sexual harassment) all of which got less air time than some guy running for the senate.

Ann Coulter‏Verified account
    @AnnCoulter
    Nov 13
    More
    Juanita Broaddrick ought to try telling her story again. It kind of fell on deaf ears at the time. Media might be interested now!
    760 replies 5,696 retweets 15,534 likes
    Reply 760 Retweet 5.7K Like 16K

@AnnCoulter
    Nov 13
    More
    Hey, MSM -- this would be a great time to revisit JFK's affair, as a 45-year-old man, with 19-year old Mimi Alford. (Between incessant suck-up biopics of the man.)
    1,626 replies 3,385 retweets 9,772 likes
    Reply 1.6K Retweet 3.4K Like 9.8K

@AnnCoulter
    Nov 13
    More
    Latest Roy Moore allegations are bad enough, so no need to lie, MSM! This is the SECOND accusation against him, not the 5th.
    379 replies 430 retweets 1,757 likes
    Reply 379 Retweet 430 Like 1.8K

Were you living under a rock in the Nineties? You seriously think Roy Moore allegation have received more airtime than the allegations against Bill Clinton?

To quote John McEnroe: You can not be serious!
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

And JFK died over 50 years ago.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Okay I'm having some serious difficulties trying to keep track of Sessions's various stories. I need, like, a helpful diagram or something. Also what the fuck is up with this tax plan circus?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

People who are attacking Roy Moore are "too diverse to understand Alabama dating norms."

Holy shit.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Were you living under a rock in the Nineties? You seriously think Roy Moore allegation have received more airtime than the allegations against Bill Clinton?

To quote John McEnroe: You can not be serious!
    Then the *rape* allegations? Yes.

People who are attacking Roy Moore are "too diverse to understand Alabama dating norms."

Holy shit.
    Told ya. One of America's child marriage hotspots.

Is the Republican party so beholden to (white) Evangelical Christians, that the (southern) Bible Belt is controlling the Republican Party?

Yes. But the southern bible belt really ought to be as upset about Moore as we are.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Yes. But the southern bible belt really ought to be as upset about Moore as we are.
    But they're not.

We're talking about a recent child marriage hotspot that for a long time resisted raising the marrying age from 14 to 16. I don't think anyone should be surprised by Moore's abiding support in the area. Putting aside traditional misogynistic notions about sinful precocious women trying to get good men down by tricking them or smearing their good reputations with lies, there is a tradition, in some places, of condoning or even encouraging this kind of archaic "courtship".

So Kushner has been accused of withholding information from the senate..
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    So Kushner has been accused of withholding information from the senate..
    Cool, now they'll have to upgrade his security clearance again.

I think the word you're looking for is downgrade
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    I think the word you're looking for is downgrade
    I wish I were but I really wasn't. It is extraordinary that that shady fucker still has access to extremely sensitive information.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    That's gone on a lot recently. I mean, they supported Trump, didn't they? He's so blatantly immoral, it makes one's head spin.

The whole thing reminds me of a curious aspect of my Catholic upbringing, and a book from 1970 called The Late, Great Planet Earth. The book, later made into a movie, was the first I know of to see and describe predictions made in biblical Revelations occurring in modern world events, and it was hugely popular. One of the things it said, and one of the things echoed in my grade and high school religion classes, was that the Anti-Christ would not forcefully overthrow the world. He would be welcomed as much by Christians as non -- in fact especially by Christians.

How could this be? I remember struggling with that assertion as a student and on into adulthood. I assumed the Anti-Christ's evil would be closeted away, that he would pretend to be pious and devout, and fool everyone into accepting him as their leader.

Now, to be clear, I do not believe in Satan or an Anti-Christ, or in the possibility that the bible contains accurate predictions of future world events, or in any revealed religion at all. But I have now witnessed good Christians accept an obviously very bad man, a very blatantly un-Christian, immoral man, not only as their leader, but also give him the power to literally, and unilaterally, End the World.

I still find it hard to believe. And the way it fits into that Anti-Christ narrative I was brought up with? Chilling. But at the same time a real "ah-ha" moment.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

We're talking about a recent child marriage hotspot that for a long time resisted raising the marrying age from 14 to 16. I don't think anyone should be surprised by Moore's abiding support in the area. Putting aside traditional misogynistic notions about sinful precocious women trying to get good men down by tricking them or smearing their good reputations with lies, there is a tradition, in some places, of condoning or even encouraging this kind of archaic "courtship".
    Don't forget that women have more or less been the property of men for, oh, 99.99% of human history. Before, say, the last hundred years, give or take, raping was only bad because it devalued someone else's daughter, wife, future wife and/or family honor/ reputation. Only recently has it become bad because of the actual harm it does to a woman.

Whenever I'm feeling particularly disgusted by the misogyny in the more socially backward parts of the world, I remind myself that women in the US have only been able to vote, widely access divorce, or widely earn their own living for less than a hundred years. The most enlightened human societies are really only very freshly out of the social dark ages when it comes to treatment of women.

It is the Age of Change, no?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Marital rape only started becoming illegal in the US 40 years ago.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    That's gone on a lot recently. I mean, they supported Trump, didn't they? He's so blatantly immoral, it makes one's head spin.
    Those guys are a bunch of CINOs. And probably never really read the Bible, especially not the teachings of Christ himself (and not the sometimes idiotic stuff by prophets or later followers).

If they took the Sermon on the Mount to heart the Republicans as they currently are would disintegrate.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

A lot of old school conservatives refuse to acknowledge that in a quest to expand their base and influence their party's message was distilled down to "make liberals cry". Morals, professionalism, intelligence, none of that matters if they can hit that one point.

A lot of old school conservatives refuse to acknowledge that in a quest to expand their base and influence their party's message was distilled down to "make liberals cry". Morals, professionalism, intelligence, none of that matters if they can hit that one point.
    To be fair making liberals cry is really really really satisfying.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/09/miley-...-donald-trump/

*shrug* Because your life is shit. Moving on

Hey. It's not like conservatives can pretend to have principles or values anymore, let them have this.

Lewk, I heard if you really want to make liberals cry, you should go and eat a jar of wasps. Liberals hate that, because it's not fair on the wasps. So show those snowflake libs you're a real red blooded American patriot and won't let big government - big government, right - tell you what to do and get those wasps down you!

If you put it on Youtube, I guarantee I'll be crying tears of... something. Sadness. I'll be very offended.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Okay look this is fucking abominable: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.9e2b2bd4d0cc

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    To be fair making liberals cry is really really really satisfying.