Page 168 of 171 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Best to use overpowering force to over-awe anyone thinking of doing something stupid. That's your mantra elsewhere. It would be your mantra here if he wasn't a white Trump supporter.
    You're stupid. If Hillary was arrested there would be no need for SWAT. Ditto for people who have also clearly lied under oath (take your pick Mcabe or Comey since their testimony directly contradicts one of them lied under oath as part of an official investigation). Unless there is substantial reason to believe that the person is going to resist arrest or respond with violence why would you bring SWAT? Call the dude's lawyer and he'll show up the next day and you damn well know it. Add to the fact they tipped off reporters for the arrest? This was obviously *obviously* done for political reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Add to the fact they tipped off reporters for the arrest?
    yeah... this didn't actually happen. Stone getting pinched surprised absolutely no one. Mueller has a pattern in his work, and the last time he disrupted his pattern was for indictments. CNN took a gamble on who was next, and they almost didn't catch anything because they were also expecting Stone to have the chance to turn himself in.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    yeah... this didn't actually happen. Stone getting pinched surprised absolutely no one. Mueller has a pattern in his work, and the last time he disrupted his pattern was for indictments. CNN took a gamble on who was next, and they almost didn't catch anything because they were also expecting Stone to have the chance to turn himself in.
    You are quite gullible. CNN has a history of questionable activity, of course sometimes they are the ones tipping off others.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.44533d8f0440

Non-violent crimes don't need SWAT teams.
    Violent crimes like stealing toothpaste from a store?
    Hope is the denial of reality

You are quite gullible.
    This is gold coming from the guy who immediately latched onto a conspiracy rather than reflect on the threat that his heros might be bad people.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

CNN has a history of questionable activity
    Yes, it's definitely CNN who are the shady guys in this scenario.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

You are quite gullible. CNN has a history of questionable activity
    You're alleging "questionable activity" on the part of the FBI in this instance, not CNN. I don't know whether the FBI lets news orgs know when they're about to go arrest someone, but it would be kinda counter-productive given they do things this way if they consider the suspect to be a danger or a flight risk. If you have reason to dispute CNN's account of how their reporters came to be at Stone's house before the arrest--other than your general distrust of non-Trumpist media--then you're welcome to share. More importantly, if you have reason to believe that the FBI tipped CNN off, please share.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Violent crimes like stealing toothpaste from a store?
    I don't recall a SWAT team for that one. In fact I don't recall any police presence in that story.

Posted for posterity, https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...uaB?li=BBnb7Kz

Guess he never saw the movie 'Day After Tomorrow'.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

There's something slightly pathetic about the fact that conservatives are still doing their "I stuck my head in my fridge and it was very cold SO MUCH FOR GLOBAL WARMING" routine, as if it were some kind of devastating zinger against climate science, in the year of our lord 2019.
    Last edited by Steely Glint; 01-30-2019 at 11:32 AM. Reason: it is 2019
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Reminded me of this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6aef4cfc611a

Also, it's becoming clear that Trump's stint in military school didn't do much to improve his Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

Waming. I didn't notice this until The Late Show pointed it out. I think his security people figured out a way to permanently disable his accounts from using spell check in order to protect against gaffs worse than misspellings.

According to climate scientists from the 2000s era we have passed the point of no return, so no sense worrying about it.

According to climate scientists from the 2000s era we have passed the point of no return, so no sense worrying about it.
    Like many, many things in life that doesn't mean what you think it means.

I've got retired friends who are sailing from the UK to the Caribbean. They departed last summer, got to Portugal and rested their until after Christmas, flying home to see grandkids over Christmas. They're now sailing to the Caribbean and it will take them about 6 weeks, they've just passed Ascension Island which is viewed as last point to stop before continuing to cross the Atlantic and are now "past the point of no return". Their destination is now closer than Europe is.

That doesn't mean they don't need to worry. Just because they won't be returning to their starting point, doesn't mean they needn't take precautions and act safely while they're in the waters they're in. Actually it makes it more important to do so.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Like many, many things in life that doesn't mean what you think it means.

I've got retired friends who are sailing from the UK to the Caribbean. They departed last summer, got to Portugal and rested their until after Christmas, flying home to see grandkids over Christmas. They're now sailing to the Caribbean and it will take them about 6 weeks, they've just passed Ascension Island which is viewed as last point to stop before continuing to cross the Atlantic and are now "past the point of no return". Their destination is now closer than Europe is.

That doesn't mean they don't need to worry. Just because they won't be returning to their starting point, doesn't mean they needn't take precautions and act safely while they're in the waters they're in. Actually it makes it more important to do so.
    I'm commenting on the fear mongering and the false 'rush to action' chicken little's that keep pushing the "point of no return" date out over and over again. Either they were wrong about the point of no return and therefore their other statements should be questioned... or they were right and let's get on with adapting. But under no circumstances should we still be blindly believing their 'humanity is doomed if we don't do x by this date' baloney.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I'm commenting on the fear mongering and the false 'rush to action' chicken little's that keep pushing the "point of no return" date out over and over again. Either they were wrong about the point of no return and therefore their other statements should be questioned... or they were right and let's get on with adapting. But under no circumstances should we still be blindly believing their 'humanity is doomed if we don't do x by this date' baloney.
    So, you're saying that we passed the point of no return and thus shouldn't do anything to at least mitigate the damage?

Of course this will go right over your head: But this is not a binary issue.

Let me try to put it into an analogy you may understand (though I'm confident this will go straight over your head):

You're told that if you continue this dietary habit that you may become diabetic. You don't stop and promptly become diabetic. But instead of then changing your ways you simply continue and do nothing about it because there's no rush. Which, in case of diabetes, usually leads to either death or amputations.

But sure, no rush. Getting a leg lopped off is such a great thing!
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    So, you're saying that we passed the point of no return and thus shouldn't do anything to at least mitigate the damage?

Let me try to put it into an analogy you may understand (though I'm confident this will go straight over your head):

You're told that if you continue this dietary habit that you may become diabetic. You don't stop and promptly become diabetic. But instead of then changing your ways you simply continue and do nothing about it because there's no rush. Which, in case of diabetes, usually leads to either death or amputations.

You must be really bored to waste time responding to the village idiot.

Only the issue is the patient is diabetic yet despite the fact being told they would be. The issue has always been that people scream crisis in order to act with artificial dates to try to spur action, all the while continually losing their credibility.

Only the issue is the patient is diabetic yet despite the fact being told they would be. The issue has always been that people scream crisis in order to act with artificial dates to try to spur action, all the while continually losing their credibility.
    I am bored so I'll reply to the village idiot.

Lewk, the first Earth Day was in 1970. Just a bunch of hippie tree hugging anti-establishment types, dismissed for decades, with no real science to back up their claims. The only science that mattered came from the fossil fuel industry: no need to worry about acid rain, CFCs, the ozone, or lead in gasoline. All that greenhouse gas effect was just junk science from vegetarians complaining about cows farting methane, or something. Drill baby drill, right?

The patient is diabetic. Climate change isn't just possible it is already happening.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-clapback.html

Great. Declaring an emergency over a non-emergency.

That will go over well. Maybe this will finally wake up the GOP to the fact that they have a Mussolini-wannabe as president? Because if they acquiesce now what will hinder a future Democratic president from declaring an emergency over, say, another mass-shooting?

Not that I expect them to be that non-hypocritical in such a case or so self-reflecting ("How did we end up here? Could it be my own actions which contributed to this? ... ... naw!")

Great. Declaring an emergency over a non-emergency.

That will go over well. Maybe this will finally wake up the GOP to the fact that they have a Mussolini-wannabe as president? Because if they acquiesce now what will hinder a future Democratic president from declaring an emergency over, say, another mass-shooting?

Not that I expect them to be that non-hypocritical in such a case or so self-reflecting ("How did we end up here? Could it be my own actions which contributed to this? ... ... naw!")
    To be fair we regularly declare national emergencies when there is no emergency.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ict-in-somalia

Not that I'm opposed to this particular order but it certainly doesn't seem like an emergency situation.

Presidents don't steal billions from the military in the process. I'm sure you won't complain when the Dems do the same to fund a climate change program.

To be fair we regularly declare national emergencies when there is no emergency.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ict-in-somalia

Not that I'm opposed to this particular order but it certainly doesn't seem like an emergency situation.
    And how much money did this cost the tax payer? Whatever you say, I'm pretty certain it will be "less than five billion US dollars".

Also, that was a "this stops now" declaration. The "wall emergency"? Yeah. 3 to 5 years.

Not to mention that your precious president himself stated: "I did not need to do this."

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Presidents don't steal billions from the military in the process. I'm sure you won't complain when the Dems do the same to fund a climate change program.
    Gun control. With a weakened NRA and GOP thanks to their Russian connections if this national emergency stands gun control is going to be a major target of the next dem president.

And how much money did this cost the tax payer? Whatever you say, I'm pretty certain it will be "less than five billion US dollars".

Also, that was a "this stops now" declaration. The "wall emergency"? Yeah. 3 to 5 years.

Not to mention that your precious president himself stated: "I did not need to do this."
    Your beef was that it wasn't a national emergency. I showed how we use the term national emergency for a lot of non-national emergency situations. The cost doesn't even matter in the discussion on if it was proper to try to fund it via national emergency declaration. I have a feeling you would be opposed to the wall even if it got funding via congressional action.

Gun control. With a weakened NRA and GOP thanks to their Russian connections if this national emergency stands gun control is going to be a major target of the next dem president.
    That would be equivalent to trying to use a national emergency to restrict free speech. The right to speak, the right to criticize government is no more important than the right to bear arms. The SCOTUS will quickly quash that nonsense.

That's quite a cafeteria constitutionalist take.

Your beef was that it wasn't a national emergency. I showed how we use the term national emergency for a lot of non-national emergency situations.
    But not, typically, to circumvent Congress after being rebuffed by legislators several times.

The cost doesn't even matter in the discussion on if it was proper to try to fund it via national emergency declaration.
    It does, however, matter in the discussion of how great the asshattery is. If you declare a national emergency and waste $5 that's a lot better than wasting $5 billion.

I have a feeling you would be opposed to the wall even if it got funding via congressional action.
    It is of course possible to oppose something for more than one reason.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."