Page 43 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    For example if you took a look at 1,000 self-identified Obama supporters and asked them "Do you think George Bush murdered <insert fictional name> to hide the truth about the Iraq war" what percentage do you think will answer with Yes despite it being completely fictional? You could do the same thing with 1,000 self identified Trump supporters expect ask "Do you think the Clinton's murdered <insert fictional name here" and I bet you would also get a decent number saying yes. Why do they respond that way? Because it is in their perceived self-interest to push more dirt on their political 'enemy.'
    Political opponents of "Tony Bliar" [sic] think he's responsible for the death of Dr David Kelly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I think the fact that you have 13 pages for shit all is an indication some reform might be needed.
    It sounds like a lot but it takes maybe 20 minutes to put into a free online tax preparer program. Interest for example gets it own page but it only has 2 numbers on it and child tax credit is a half page of mostly yes/no. Its broken up to be easy and straight forward and each page makes it very clear about what goes were, so most of a tax filing is IRS instructions.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

OK that's fair enough. Hard to judge without seeing it.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...estion-n627446

That's a quarter of Republicans agreeing that Obama was born in the US. Poll from this August.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Partisans in being partisan about partisan opponent shocker.

Had the shoe been on the other foot and Obama's nationality had never been questioned and Ted Cruz had become the nominee for the Republicans then there'd probably be a very high proportion of Democrats saying Cruz is ineligible to be President due to where he was born.

File under who gives a flying fuck?

The two are not even rempotely comparable. The former is an actual conspiracy theory whereas the latter is something that reasonable people may disagree about.

It's bizarre to see Trump now claiming that he wasn't a Birther or that he at least stopped being a Birther five years ago... and that Clinton was the one who started the Birther movement.

Even more bizarre to see his supporters crowing about this and extolling his awesomeness when a large portion of them actually are Birthers. Bizarre and also scary.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I love how quickly you move the goalposts, Rand.

If his tax return is really 12,000 pages long then the IRS seriously needs reforming ...
    I'm willing to wager that at least a fraction of those are actually just crayon drawings of Trump holding bags of money.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I love how quickly you move the goalposts, Rand.
    The goalposts was your claim that two thirds of conservatives believe Obama is a Kenyan born Muslim, or that two thirds of conservatives believe all Muslim immigration should be stopped.

I hate to break this to you but 41% of republicans disagreeing with the statement that Obama was born in the USA is not the same as 67% say he is a Kenyan born Muslim.

So who is moving the goalposts now?

Right. And I neither agree nor disagree you're a human being. Clearly not offensive.

I think the fact that you have 13 pages for shit all is an indication some reform might be needed.

But I would have thought business filings would have been separate from personal filings and so wasn't thinking that would be included in this argument. Here at least a Limited Company is not part of your personal filings, it has its own tax return.
    It does have its own tax return, but they're still part of Trump's financial holdings and it's the totality of a candidates financial interests that they are generally expected to disclose
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Right. And I neither agree nor disagree you're a human being. Clearly not offensive.
    If you'd claimed that two thirds don't deny that he is a Kenyan born Muslim you might be right, but whichever way you slice it 41% of partisan opponents denying he was born in the USA is not two thirds of conservatives saying he is a Kenyan born Muslim.

I'd suggest we keep the goalposts where you put them and you either demonstrate your claim or retract it.

If you'd claimed that two thirds don't deny that he is a Kenyan born Muslim you might be right, but whichever way you slice it 41% of partisan opponents denying he was born in the USA is not two thirds of conservatives saying he is a Kenyan born Muslim.

I'd suggest we keep the goalposts where you put them and you either demonstrate your claim or retract it.
    Not really sure who you believe is winning here. Most recent polls and surveys find that anything from around 40% to 70% of Republican voters (sometimes including Republican-leaning voters) don't believe that Obama is an American citizen from birth or was born in the US. The lower bound for those who believe he's secretly a Muslim is similar. Whether you believe it's 40% or 70% the number is still too high and indicates that something is wrong with a large portion of the American electorate. The one mitigating factor is that around 20% of all voters regularly say they don't know.

Republican politicians who explicitly or implicitly endorse these beliefs are rewarded by voters while those who oppose them are punished.

It's a common and occasionally justifiable strategy to lump people who explicitly hold and actively express dumb-as-shit beliefs together with people who equate those beliefs with the truth or express ambivalence/doubt. We do this often for example when trying to decide how backwards and evil various populations of Muslims are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The two are not even rempotely comparable. The former is an actual conspiracy theory whereas the latter is something that reasonable people may disagree about.

It's bizarre to see Trump now claiming that he wasn't a Birther or that he at least stopped being a Birther five years ago... and that Clinton was the one who started the Birther movement.

Even more bizarre to see his supporters crowing about this and extolling his awesomeness when a large portion of them actually are Birthers. Bizarre and also scary.
    Clinton probably didn't start it but Clinton supporters were the first ones to use it politically. The 2008 primary fight was pretty vicious.

Clinton probably didn't start it but Clinton supporters were the first ones to use it politically. The 2008 primary fight was pretty vicious.
    Are you drinking the Trump Kool-Aid now?

Are you drinking the Trump Kool-Aid now?
    Why don't you want to make America great again? Are you receiving funding from Mossad? Why are Jews so prominently for Hillary? Can we trust her on foreign policy issues?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Fair enough so Clinton supporters did use it but weren't the first ones. Not sure how important that distinction is but OK.

Not only were they not the first ones, for the past eight years or so they have also not been the most important propagators of that idea. It can't be denied that this has become an almost uniquely Republican thing and has been so for a fairly long time. Are you saying the Republicans were brainwashed or mind-controlled by Clinton-supporters with super-powers?

Not only were they not the first ones, for the past eight years or so they have also not been the most important propagators of that idea. It can't be denied that this has become an almost uniquely Republican thing and has been so for a fairly long time. Are you saying the Republicans were brainwashed or mind-controlled by Clinton-supporters with super-powers?
    Nope. It is amusing though. One of the fun part of primary politics in America is that often times the campaigns are dirtier within their own party than they are in the general election.

RNC starts threatening former candidates to get them to support Trump.

This would be the best election ever if somebody wasn't going to be president at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post

This would be the best election ever if somebody wasn't going to be president at the end of it.
    The fact that they aren't honoring the pledge is pretty shady. If you weren't prepared to honor it than you shouldn't of signed it. Rand Paul is the person they should be emulating.

"“I took a pledge when I ran for president to not run as an independent candidate and to support the Republican nominee,” Paul said. “I stand by that pledge, and I think that anybody who signs their word to a document ought to take it seriously before they sign a document. So I don’t think there’s any question that those who signed the document ought to say, ‘you know what? I honor the pledge.’”"

Priebus is a jackass.

As for the pledge, they're honoring the most important part of it by not running as independents. So in 4-8 years' time, if they want to run again, they should get a stern admonishment or possibly a shiny medal each.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post

Well, the RNC has been fucked up for a long time, so it's no real surprise. They thought "the pledge" was going to unite the party, or something, and none of the leadership thought Trump would be the nominee. What a circus.

Priebus is a jackass.

As for the pledge, they're honoring the most important part of it by not running as independents. So in 4-8 years' time, if they want to run again, they should get a stern admonishment or possibly a shiny medal each.
    /Shrug if they wanted to qualify their pledge then they should have done it. Every Republican would have been furious if Trump didn't endorse Cruz/Rubio/Jeb whoever would have won, and rightly so.

How many times did Trump threaten to renege on that threat?

/Shrug if they wanted to qualify their pledge then they should have done it. Every Republican would have been furious if Trump didn't endorse Cruz/Rubio/Jeb whoever would have won, and rightly so.
    Party first, huh.

How many times did Trump threaten to renege on that threat?
    Not sure and each time he did it he should have been slammed for it.

The key part of the pledge was not to launch a third party run. Cruz etc are not doing that. Every Republican would have been furious if Trump had done a third party run, not if he'd been less than enthusiastic about Cruz.

The key part of the pledge was not to launch a third party run. Cruz etc are not doing that. Every Republican would have been furious if Trump had done a third party run, not if he'd been less than enthusiastic about Cruz.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpo...-trump-to-sign

Endorsement and agreement not to run. Two parts - you can argue about what the 'key' part was but the simple fact is if you aren't prepared to follow through on your word you don't sign it.