Page 121 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Everyone rips Trump for the Mexican transcript but holy hell the Australian one is way worse. A world leader trying to deal with tantrum throwing manchild.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

With the investigation slowly moving forward, I can't help but wonder what strategies the prosecutors have for making sure evidence is not hidden, destroyed or otherwise tampered with.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

When Mueller picked up Weissmann it was suggested that he was flipping witnesses. I think thats going to have a lot to do with preserving evidence. Look at who should be in the news but has gone radio silent. Manafort and Flynn.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    With the investigation slowly moving forward, I can't help but wonder what strategies the prosecutors have for making sure evidence is not hidden, destroyed or otherwise tampered with.
    Typically it's by concealing which directions their investigation is taking until they've secured what they can for any particular tangent.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ha...rticle/2631141

52% would delay the general election if Trump wanted
    56% would delay the general election if Trump wanted and congressional Republicans agreed
    47% still think Trump won the popular vote
    68% believe millions of illegals voted
    73% believe voter fraud occurs somewhat or very often

Your Republican party ladies and gents. Your insanely moronic and delusional Republican party.

Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ha...rticle/2631141

52% would delay the general election if Trump wanted
    56% would delay the general election if Trump wanted and congressional Republicans agreed
    47% still think Trump won the popular vote
    68% believe millions of illegals voted
    73% believe voter fraud occurs somewhat or very often

Your Republican party ladies and gents. Your insanely moronic and delusional Republican party.
    I'll agree with the 73% who think voter fraud occurs somewhat or very often myself. There's a low simmer of it in every national election, just not enough to think it alters outcomes. Not usually anyway, though I'm convinced one of my town councilors managed to steal their seat back in November/December.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I'll agree with the 73% who think voter fraud occurs somewhat or very often myself. There's a low simmer of it in every national election, just not enough to think it alters outcomes. Not usually anyway, though I'm convinced one of my town councilors managed to steal their seat back in November/December.
    I think that's the real danger of fraud. It's not the big seats, but the local stuff that can turn tides.

Look at the losses the Democratic Party has taken in state legislatures and governorships. I'm not saying it was fraudulent, but that is where a lot of real life issues reside.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Who needs fraud when you have perfectly legal gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Who needs fraud when you have perfectly legal gerrymandering and voter suppression.
    Fraud is mostly local opportunism. It doesn't matter if it's necessary, someone saw a chance to "help" things along and decided to take advantage. Organized and planned activity generally takes the form of voter suppression and illegitimate voter registration which, yes, will include some illegals slipping through, getting registered, and voting.

Fraud is mostly local opportunism. It doesn't matter if it's necessary, someone saw a chance to "help" things along and decided to take advantage. Organized and planned activity generally takes the form of voter suppression and illegitimate voter registration which, yes, will include some illegals slipping through, getting registered, and voting.
    I agree that all kinds of shenanigans happen at the local level. At the national level, it's not worth it.

I agree that all kinds of shenanigans happen at the local level. At the national level, it's not worth it.
    Except the fraud isn't limited to purely local elections (nor any reason it would be), it touches national races too; just not in high enough numbers to alter outcomes outside the most vanishingly rare circumstances like Florida in 2000.

Except the fraud isn't limited to purely local elections (nor any reason it would be), it touches national races too; just not in high enough numbers to alter outcomes outside the most vanishingly rare circumstances like Florida in 2000.
    Are state/national DNC/GOP officials encouraging it?

Are state/national DNC/GOP officials encouraging it?
    Define your terms. Do they officially endorse it, of course not. Do they outright direct illegal activities be undertaken? No. Do they know that people they work with (like the guy Veritas caught on camera, Foval) are going to skirt or outright break the rules including using fraud along with more legitimate activities? Yes. Do they "wink wink, nudge nudge" about it? Yeah.

I'll take your word for it. From talking to some people here who were involved with campaigns, the dominant form of cheating is using state resources to either harass political opponents (e.g. a sheriff claiming he's about to charge someone with a crime right before an election, then quickly forgetting about it the day after) or support allies.

Lewk, is this something you could get behind?

The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump, the Los Angeles-based Dreamhost said in a blog post published on Monday.

Dreamhost, a web hosting provider, said that it has been working with the Department of Justice for several months on the request, which believes goes too far under the Constitution.

DreamHost claimed that the complying with the request from the Justice Department would amount to handing over roughly 1.3 million visitor IP addresses to the government, in addition to contact information, email content and photos of thousands of visitors to the website, which was involved in organizing protests against Trump on Inauguration Day...
    http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecur...-trump-website

Lewk, is this something you could get behind?

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecur...-trump-website
    Nope that's bull shit. You won't find me supporting everything that comes from Trump's administration.

Yeah, it's not as if it was a site for Muslim extremists

Indeed political opponents aren't terrorists.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

You'll recall from previous discussions that Lewk wants us to keep an eye on people who visit the wrong websites.

So first Republicans had to boycott Merck, and that gave them a taste for blood so they were happy to add Under Armor to the list of traitors to boycott. And I was getting worried, I mean what if they made Merck or UA cave? What if they were harmed by not having access to drugs or expensive workout clothes?

But now Trump's voters are faced with the challenge of boycotting Intel, and it's a little hilarious.

You'll recall from previous discussions that Lewk wants us to keep an eye on people who visit the wrong websites.
    You think Islamic extremists are comparable to political opponents though?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    You think Islamic extremists are comparable to political opponents though?
    Until they actually commit an act of violence, they are definitely comparable to other political opponents, unless you believe that holding extreme beliefs is grounds for being registered and monitored by the government.

If they are extreme enough to be suspected of plotting violence then yes I do. That's what groups like MI5 are there to investigate and how many acts of violence are prevented.

Non-violent political opponents are a different matter altogether.

What level of suspicion are we talking about here? What's the level of suspicion that is required for you to be willing to let the govt. violate rights to speech and privacy enjoyed by all members of these hate sites?

In general I believe that is for the courts to determine.

Trump has now used twitter to attack a black CEO who was on his own manufacturing council more often than he has used twitter denounce racists and nazis (which is zero).

Alright, check out this site:
    http://www.disruptj20.org/

Spoiler:
    seriously, click it first, don't cheat
    Spoiler:

Now, was that click enough to warrant the government to request your personal information? Cause they seem to think so

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/08...trump-website/

So first Republicans had to boycott Merck, and that gave them a taste for blood so they were happy to add Under Armor to the list of traitors to boycott. And I was getting worried, I mean what if they made Merck or UA cave? What if they were harmed by not having access to drugs or expensive workout clothes?

But now Trump's voters are faced with the challenge of boycotting Intel, and it's a little hilarious.
    They'd have to boycott Walmart too now, which is going to be hard for them because a whole lot of them shop there. Which also means the CEO made an unusual call since his company would actually be vulnerable.