Page 5 of 171 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    How long now has money been equated with speech? Funny that Republicans are just starting to dislike the concept. Trump 1 Republicans 0. I don't expect the money = speech to last much beyond my death.
    Where are you getting this nonsense from? As I already pointed out, Trump has only spent a few million dollars during this campaign.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Where are you getting this nonsense from? As I already pointed out, Trump has only spent a few million dollars during this campaign.
    Uh...that's my point. He is not giving ANY republicans money this election.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    What is it about campaign finance reform that is inherently libertarian?
    That elections can't be "bought" by political parties.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

That article sums it up nicely, minx....and explains the disconnect between the "DC beltway" and an electorate that's generally fed up with politics as usual. It's going to be more difficult for the GOP since their leadership seems clueless (even after the 2012 autopsy).

What's interesting is that Trump is using the immigration issue in such a way that all other Republican candidates have to weigh in....and they either end up sounding like a racist or nativist! And he uses the SS issue to paint "Business Republicans" as the elite/donor class, or crony capitalists, that even the Tea Party loves to hate.

Quite a feat coming from a guy who's exploited the system to make his billion$ in real estate, using leveraged debt, bankruptcy protection laws, and currency exchange rates....but is still considered an "outsider" who will make America Great Again, huh.

“We have politicians that don’t have a clue,”

“They’re all talk, no action. What’s happening to this country is disgraceful.”

Cheryl Burns, 60, was on a road trip from California when she heard that Trump would be in Alabama. She turned her car around and got in line, warning people of what happened to states when liberals took them over.

“There is no more California,” Burns said. “It’s now international, lawless territory. Everything is up for grabs. Illegal aliens are murdering people there. People are being raped. Trump isn’t lying about anything — the rest of the country just hasn’t found out yet.”
    Most interesting stuff I found today.

Maybe I should use this to start a thread about liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Most interesting stuff I found today.

Maybe I should use this to start a thread about liberals.
    Don't waste your time/effort. Trump is talking to a stadium of people in Alabama...and the media is following him like a dog in heat.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Don't waste your time/effort. Trump is talking to a stadium of people in Alabama...and the media is following him like a dog in heat.
    I just like the way he bates the bible belt with democrat hooks and bible belt swallows it hook, line and sinker.

I'm listening to a live broadcast.....and he suggested the Bible is his primary motivator. What a crock of shit.

It's even more disturbing that the GOP can't dismiss him without losing the religious factions that don't represent the party at large.
    Last edited by GGT; 08-22-2015 at 04:09 AM.

So you got a point or you just spamming? Everyone knows Trump is a democrat in republican clothing. He is the most leftist republican alluring himself to the most rightist republicans. Says a lot about the bible belt.

Ignoring the fact that he's not getting disproportionate support from the Bible Belt.

I believe your facts may be changing as we converse...http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...e-church-jesus

Care to cite an actual poll that shows Trump getting more support from Evangelicals than from the rest of the Republican Party? As best as I can tell, most of his support comes from the Angry White Man demographic.

No. Feel free to do it yourself. I'm not understanding the differentiation between Evangelicals and the rest of the Republican Party. Are there any Catholics or Muslims in the Republican Party?

There are, in fact, a lot of Catholics in the GOP along with mainline Prots in addition to the evangelicals.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Interesting...black catholics are part of other.

edit...even though the disclaimer states otherwise??
    Last edited by Being; 08-22-2015 at 08:10 PM.

There are only 2 million Black Catholics, and I doubt more than a few percent vote Republican.

"As expected, Mr. Trump performed best among less-frequent voters. He had the support of 22 percent of Republican-leaning adults who did not vote in the 2012 general election. But he still held an edge, with 15 percent, among registered Republicans who had voted in a primary since 2008."

It looks like Trump's lead all but evaporates when you only poll people who actually vote...
    Last edited by Loki; 08-22-2015 at 11:30 PM.

There are only 2 million Black Catholics, and I doubt more than a few percent vote Republican.

"As expected, Mr. Trump performed best among less-frequent voters. He had the support of 22 percent of Republican-leaning adults who did not vote in the 2012 general election. But he still held an edge, with 15 percent, among registered Republicans who had voted in a primary since 2008."

It looks like Trump's lead all but evaporates when you only poll people who actually normally vote...
    Yeah, that looks different.

and Trump wants to challenge the US Constitution, without going through the judicial process, so that people borne in the US aren't citizens?

I find it only equally stupid to Hillary's explicit desire to modify the first amendment.

Trump will/must fizzle out. Like Howard Dean on steroids, these narrow primary polls won't be reflected as people actually start to vote in local primaries. Though the prospect of him winning does tempt me to register as a Republican to vote against him.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...the-frustrated

The GOP is in a real pickle -- a vote for JEB! wouldn't make the anti-establishment or Tea Party crowd very happy, let alone the far-right conservatives who think he's too progressive.....but a vote for Trump (or anyone else who got on the anti-immigrant or "Birther" boat) will mean they'll lose the general election.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...the-frustrated

The GOP is in a real pickle -- a vote for JEB! wouldn't make the anti-establishment or Tea Party crowd very happy, let alone the far-right conservatives who think he's too progressive.....but a vote for Trump (or anyone else who got on the anti-immigrant or "Birther" boat) will mean they'll lose the general election.
    Once the field is winnowed out the tea party won't support him either. The guy is a big government loon who regularly abused eminent domain. He's a sleaze ball riding name recognition in an overly crowded field.

That wouldn't really explain why his polling numbers are improving.

I'm willing to bet that there's a decent number of people who would answer a phone survey with "Trump" just because.

Well, I'm not a fan of polls or surveys, ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Once the field is winnowed out the tea party won't support him either. The guy is a big government loon who regularly abused eminent domain. He's a sleaze ball riding name recognition in an overly crowded field.
    Did you mean Bush or Trump?

That wouldn't really explain why his polling numbers are improving.
    Sure it does. Name recognition is giving him publicity which is boosting his name recognition in a virtuous circle.

Until the whole thing inevitably goes pop. It has happened in every competitive GOP primary campaign I remember (2008 and 2012 only admittedly). Some oddball gets popular which gives more attention so he gets more popular until he fizzles out.

The candidate whose numbers are going up (albeit from a low base) that I'm surprised at is Carly Fiorina. A woman famous for almost busting HP, a bad merger and laying off tens of thousands of employees. Someone so bad at her job she is famous for that her resigning (read: sacked) from the post added $3 billion to HP's stock value in a day. Other than her two X chromosomes and having had a real job (that she failed in) I don't see what is driving her forwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Sure it does. Name recognition is giving him publicity which is boosting his name recognition in a virtuous circle.

Until the whole thing inevitably goes pop. It has happened in every competitive GOP primary campaign I remember (2008 and 2012 only admittedly). Some oddball gets popular which gives more attention so he gets more popular until he fizzles out.

The candidate whose numbers are going up (albeit from a low base) that I'm surprised at is Carly Fiorina. A woman famous for almost busting HP, a bad merger and laying off tens of thousands of employees. Someone so bad at her job she is famous for that her resigning (read: sacked) from the post added $3 billion to HP's stock value in a day. Other than her two X chromosomes and having had a real job (that she failed in) I don't see what is driving her forwards.
    She's an "outsider" that's never held an elected office. That's what many Republican voters are looking for.....