Thread: TRUMP 2016

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Who needs fraud when you have perfectly legal gerrymandering and voter suppression.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Who needs fraud when you have perfectly legal gerrymandering and voter suppression.
    Fraud is mostly local opportunism. It doesn't matter if it's necessary, someone saw a chance to "help" things along and decided to take advantage. Organized and planned activity generally takes the form of voter suppression and illegitimate voter registration which, yes, will include some illegals slipping through, getting registered, and voting.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Fraud is mostly local opportunism. It doesn't matter if it's necessary, someone saw a chance to "help" things along and decided to take advantage. Organized and planned activity generally takes the form of voter suppression and illegitimate voter registration which, yes, will include some illegals slipping through, getting registered, and voting.
    I agree that all kinds of shenanigans happen at the local level. At the national level, it's not worth it.

I agree that all kinds of shenanigans happen at the local level. At the national level, it's not worth it.
    Except the fraud isn't limited to purely local elections (nor any reason it would be), it touches national races too; just not in high enough numbers to alter outcomes outside the most vanishingly rare circumstances like Florida in 2000.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Except the fraud isn't limited to purely local elections (nor any reason it would be), it touches national races too; just not in high enough numbers to alter outcomes outside the most vanishingly rare circumstances like Florida in 2000.
    Are state/national DNC/GOP officials encouraging it?

Are state/national DNC/GOP officials encouraging it?
    Define your terms. Do they officially endorse it, of course not. Do they outright direct illegal activities be undertaken? No. Do they know that people they work with (like the guy Veritas caught on camera, Foval) are going to skirt or outright break the rules including using fraud along with more legitimate activities? Yes. Do they "wink wink, nudge nudge" about it? Yeah.