Page 136 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

Trump's personal banking information handed over to Robert Mueller
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...robert-mueller

Looks like we're going to miss his usual morning twitter meltdown. Wonder who had to hide his phone this time.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Spokeswoman for Moore has presented one of the best defenses so far for the judge: "We need to make it clear that there's a group of NON-accusers."

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Questions about that incriminating Tweet: would a lawyer have used the word "pled" (instead of pleaded)?
    Not entirely unheard of to say "pled" in the US, even among lawyers, and Dowd has said it previously.

And if his lawyer lied about writing (or 'dictating') the president's Tweet, who gets *investigated* and possibly indicted/prosecuted, and for what crime?
    The consensus appears to be that they've waived privilege at least when it comes to that tweet.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

https://np.reddit.com/r/RussiaLago/c...ained/dqsy1kt/

If a random on the internet can put the pieces together like this, picture the case Mueller is building.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    That's gone on a lot recently. I mean, they supported Trump, didn't they? He's so blatantly immoral, it makes one's head spin.

The whole thing reminds me of a curious aspect of my Catholic upbringing, and a book from 1970 called The Late, Great Planet Earth. The book, later made into a movie, was the first I know of to see and describe predictions made in biblical Revelations occurring in modern world events, and it was hugely popular. One of the things it said, and one of the things echoed in my grade and high school religion classes, was that the Anti-Christ would not forcefully overthrow the world. He would be welcomed as much by Christians as non -- in fact especially by Christians.

How could this be? I remember struggling with that assertion as a student and on into adulthood. I assumed the Anti-Christ's evil would be closeted away, that he would pretend to be pious and devout, and fool everyone into accepting him as their leader.

Now, to be clear, I do not believe in Satan or an Anti-Christ, or in the possibility that the bible contains accurate predictions of future world events, or in any revealed religion at all. But I have now witnessed good Christians accept an obviously very bad man, a very blatantly un-Christian, immoral man, not only as their leader, but also give him the power to literally, and unilaterally, End the World.

I still find it hard to believe. And the way it fits into that Anti-Christ narrative I was brought up with? Chilling. But at the same time a real "ah-ha" moment.
    Yep, still thinking about this. Two further thoughts...

First, a good Christian should actually have no interest in preventing the Apocalypse. It is the return of the Messiah and, as long as you're in good standing with God, you'll be fine -- everlasting peace, harmony, etc will follow the carnage. I'm not sure what the scope of sin that supporting the gift of a man like Trump the power of the POTUS actually is, assuming it's done will full knowledge and belief of how vile a human being Trump is, of course.

Second, thinking of Trump's Israel policy, I'm guessing the latest is actually driven by Pence, or Pence-types, who want to see the Temple rebuilt in Jerusalem to satisfy that requirement for the End Times to proceed. This is what got me thinking that it's not so whacked out that all these Christians would support an anti-Christ figure for president, or maybe just not worry so much about it, and so on. After all, in the end, it's only the sinners (aka liberals/progressives/any and all non-Christians/ any sinful Christians) that will suffer for eternity.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    https://np.reddit.com/r/RussiaLago/c...ained/dqsy1kt/

If a random on the internet can put the pieces together like this, picture the case Mueller is building.
    But what does Mueller do with it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the President is untouchable with this Congress and he can pardon anyone Mueller charges.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

But what does Mueller do with it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the President is untouchable with this Congress and he can pardon anyone Mueller charges.
    Mueller can do his job.

If the President tries to pervert the course of justice by sacking or pardoning people then that only puts the President in hotter and hotter water. Even if he has that right, it puts him under immense pressure.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Honestly, this is not the man to give a shit about that. You are thinking normally, but he is not normal.
    The Rules

But his party Senators are.

Many GOP Senators openly hate Trump but they can't politically do anything currently. Many more I imagine secretly despise him. If Mueller can find a smoking gun it could give them the cover they need to impeach or threaten impeachment. Especially if the GOP has terrible mid-terms then there will be many in Congress due for re-election in 2020 who will consider whether they really want to be tying their own career with someone disgraced and for whom Mueller has given sufficient grounds to replace Trump with Pence.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Now that their tax plan is passed I suspect you will see more come out against him (we just had one republican senator publicly donate to Moore's opponent). Its going to get pretty bad for him leading up to the '18 elections. We can only hope that the wave is strong enough to sweep him out of office. News yesterday included reports of him trying/wanting to set up a blackwater spy network that reports directly to him, so he is already acting paranoid about the "deep state".

You'd be a fool to think Pence's hands aren't dirty in this as well. Flynn is tied like a noose around him.

I don't for one second think that Pence is whiter than white, but he is potenentially whiter than orange, plus as next in line he is the natural potential compromise to get Trump out of office.

It's not like GOP senators turning on Trump after Mueller finds a smoking gun will put Hillary in office, it will put Pence there. To many GOPers that could give them the electoral cover to say to their own electorate why they could remove Trump from office.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I don't for one second think that Pence is whiter than white, but he is potenentially whiter than orange, plus as next in line he is the natural potential compromise to get Trump out of office.

It's not like GOP senators turning on Trump after Mueller finds a smoking gun will put Hillary in office, it will put Pence there. To many GOPers that could give them the electoral cover to say to their own electorate why they could remove Trump from office.
    If Trump actually went down due to Mueller's work, probably so would Pence. I offer three words: President Paul Ryan. And I believe the GOP would be just fine with that - probably more fine with him than Pence.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    tying their own career with someone disgraced
    Just a side note. This made me smile. Trump is a already a disgrace as a President and a human being (and probably any number of other categories like husband, father, lover, businessman, friend, etc etc).
    The Rules

I offer three words: President Paul Ryan.
    We would have to go down to the...6th in line before we found someone who wasn't a giant douche or turd sandwich

I offer three words: President Paul Ryan.
    I'd take that.

http://thehill.com/news-by-subject/e...s-thousands-of

This is pure unfiltered justice.
    The asswipe complaining here is the CEO thats currently suing John Oliver for doing his job to well. The guy who told his employees Obama was at fault for their layoffs. Who is currently facing a lawsuit for firing employees who didn't donate to GOP candidates. Who forced his employees to attend a Mitt Romney rally and didn't pay them for it.

This guy deserves everything thats coming to him.

Please note the growing number of Democratic senators calling for Franken's resignation.

Christie says Trump fired him partly over Flynn warnings:

https://www.politico.com/states/new-...nsition-136432

Yeah... but Chris Christe.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Hope is the denial of reality

The addiction crisis is a terrible epidemic in America

(My internet is playing up and that video won't play so just going off the text)

Christie sold his soul with his early support of Trump, and, LOLOL, Trump never paid him for it. Justice after a fashion, I suppose. Except not. Ever.
    The Rules

After rumors began to spread of an upcoming exposé implicating a couple of dozen congressmen in inappropriate behavior of the sexual harassment variety, an Arizona rep. resigned, others are probably shaking in their boots.

Yep, still thinking about this. Two further thoughts...

First, a good Christian should actually have no interest in preventing the Apocalypse. It is the return of the Messiah and, as long as you're in good standing with God, you'll be fine -- everlasting peace, harmony, etc will follow the carnage. I'm not sure what the scope of sin that supporting the gift of a man like Trump the power of the POTUS actually is, assuming it's done will full knowledge and belief of how vile a human being Trump is, of course.

Second, thinking of Trump's Israel policy, I'm guessing the latest is actually driven by Pence, or Pence-types, who want to see the Temple rebuilt in Jerusalem to satisfy that requirement for the End Times to proceed. This is what got me thinking that it's not so whacked out that all these Christians would support an anti-Christ figure for president, or maybe just not worry so much about it, and so on. After all, in the end, it's only the sinners (aka liberals/progressives/any and all non-Christians/ any sinful Christians) that will suffer for eternity.
    Hey, why are you burying these interesting 'thoughts' in this Trump thread?!

Change some of the words, and it's eerily similar to a radical/extremist Islamist jihad manifesto. Religious zealotry is alive and well, even in the US.
    And guys like Pence (and Moore) are the kind of "true believers" that scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Hey, why are you burying these interesting 'thoughts' in this Trump thread?!

Change some of the words, and it's eerily similar to a radical/extremist Islamist jihad manifesto. Religious zealotry is alive and well, even in the US.
    And guys like Pence (and Moore) are the kind of "true believers" that scare me.
    Like a Trumpocalypse Now thread? Will do.
    The Rules

It's hard to take the GOP seriously as long as they let King be a member.
    Hope is the denial of reality

The attacks on the Mueller investigation are intensifying. Remember folks: both sides and what about.