Thread: Ark

Default Ark

Click to view the full version

Wraith - saw you playing this.

Any good? Have toyed with the idea of downloading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Looks pretty
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

It's interesting. It seems to have a pretty decent crafting system in it, along with a bunch of interesting other mechanics. I haven't really gotten too far into it though - we spent the entire night taming Mister Shellsworth, a carbonemys who now carries our crap around for us and beats up triceratops. Don't really know if the game's going to have legs, but the updates do seem to be coming fairly quickly and the game's got pretty high production values.

I also accidentally killed one of my friends. I then quite purposefully ate him.

I'm playing it with some friends, and am supposed to set up a dedicated server for it today. None of us liked the idea that we could be killed while offline on the official servers. You'd be welcome to join us.

Killed while offline seems like an extremely peculiar design decision
    Can't imagine the community is too happy about that one.

Had read that the crafting was good, aye.

How many people on this dedicated server do you anticipate? Would need to be a fair number no? The point of an MMO being a large population to make it worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Looks like 5-6 right now, maybe more if anyone else in my gaming group buys in. We're not really playing it as an MMO, but as a cooperative survival/building game. It's probably not any good as an MMO - the island that's the only current map (with no current plans for other official maps, just user made ones) isn't really that big, and I doubt the game can hold interest for more than a month or two.

It does have a feature where you can visit these obelisks that are on the island and upload your character to transfer to another server (though unofficial servers can't transfer to official). If we ever wanted PvP, we could do it that way.

Bump from the five year old graveyard, crosspost from the Free Games!! thread but this is currently free for next 24 hours: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/ark/home

Picked it up since its free. Is it worth putting time into this Wraith or anyone else who's played it?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I liked it, but it's better with people to play with. I liked the early game most, when everything is terrifying and exploration is still a big part of it. It gets a bit grindy later on - my group tried one of the bosses once, but we've never beaten any.

I prefer single player over multiplayer, so its not really any good as a single player game?

I haven't played it as a single player game, but some of the people I played it in multiplayer with also had a private single player game set up. I'd recommend cranking up the speed on things like taming and reducing the crafting material costs if you go that route. I think if you haven't played it at all before, single player will be plenty of fun for a while.