Thread: Old cartoons are way cooler than new cartoons

Default Old cartoons are way cooler than new cartoons

Our newest member is Adamant.

Up and at em, Atom Ant!

Okay, I really don't like that one much, but the catchphrase is great. The Smurfs were cool, and around when I was a little girl. There are always the classics like the Jetsons and the Flinstones. And I could never forget Duck Dodgers, Mr. Garibaldi.

So, with apologies to Dreadnaughty...

What's yer favorite classic 'toon?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.
    Dangermouse!

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

I never grew tired of Tom & Jerry

Tom & Jerry. Mighty Mouse. Johnny Quest. Kimba. Jetsons. Yogi Bear. Popeye. Roadrunner. Scooby Doo.

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.
    oh Snagglepuss. He was great, excellent even.
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

He looks like a pink version of Top Cat.

I still have my Tom & Jerry jelly drink glasses A little depressing Itchy and Scratchy lasted longer than Tom & Jerry. No one gets it anymore

When is the last time anyone has seen Disney's Alice in Wonderland cartoon? Holy Shit, that would totally not fly in today's society. Thats depressing....

I have a copy of Disney's, we love it.

They still show Tom and Jerry on one of the cartoon stations, my son is a big fan. I liked the old Garfield and Heathcliff cartoons, too.

I seem to remember that one of my cousins really liked Thundercats.

I hated Scooby, and the Snorks (weren't they the underwater ones?).

oooh Thundercats! Wasn't that claymation or puppets, tho?

also HR Puffenstuff. omg

Bump in the Night, the first time I remember listening to Schools Out. This is the only reason I remember this show. Remembering this episode is the only reason I bought Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

i always hated Tom and Jerry. Jerry just pissed me off for some reason.

Thundercats was only awesome the first season, same as SilverHawks. Also Mask, of course Transformers and Robotech. I kind of liked the Pink Panther unless it was all the psychedelic acid trip stuff he did from time to time.

Centurions, TMNT, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. I loved Bugs Bunny up until they started mixing him with characters that didn't make sense like Wiley Coyote. There is a long list.

Oooh, forgot Pink Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by 2HD View Post
    i always hated Tom and Jerry. Jerry just pissed me off for some reason.
    I didn't hate the show, but Jerry totally pissed me off, too. Anytime Tom had to do any kind of task that didn't even involve Jerry the latter would make it hell for the former. Give him a break, man! We all know you're smarter and he'll never catch you, so why fuck up the rest of his life? Tom was such a poor guy, only doing what his master made him...

The Roadrunner and Wily Coyote! Dudley DoRight. Rocky and Bullwinkle. Muttley. Winnie the Pooh.

Then of course there were the Disney movies like Mickey Mouse.

OMG, I think I just hurt myself laughing!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    Toonami ruled.

Giant robots FTW.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    TaleSpin, obv.

And of course a lot of the random Tex Avery cartoons:

Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

I remember Talespin and Duck Tales used to come on back to back. I miss those days

Anything made after the 80s is bad.

Tom & Jerry, Talespin, DuckTails, He-Man, Dastardly & Muttley, Roadrunner, Scooby and his nephew Scrappy Doo, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Basically anything at all ever by Hannah-Barbera, Warner Bros or Disney by the end of the 80s.

Amanda requested I add Gummy Bears for her.

Felix the cat, because of the name!

Other than that, i always really liked duck tales I think.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!