Thread: Anno 2205

Default Anno 2205

Certainly looks impressive.

Nov 3rd release.

Click to view the full version

CGI Launch trailer

Some gameplay and discussion about the game, including the concept of 'sessions', which seems great.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 08-15-2015 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I love the Anno series.

But I haven't played the last one. So now this is coming out I will just skip it.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Looks quite interesting.

Played one game only in the Anno series, new world circa 16th century IIRC from memory. Quite enjoyed it. Bought the latest Anno (the futuristic watery one) in the Steam sale but haven't played it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

My wet dream would be a Anno that let you play though the ages like a Civ game. I would really really love to turn a medieval city into a modern one instead of just building a modern city from scratch.

Paying attention, will almost certainly pick up at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    I love the Anno series.

But I haven't played the last one. So now this is coming out I will just skip it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Looks quite interesting.

Played one game only in the Anno series, new world circa 16th century IIRC from memory. Quite enjoyed it. Bought the latest Anno (the futuristic watery one) in the Steam sale but haven't played it yet.
    Yep spent many hours on the Anno series.

The most recent, 2070, I bought at launch but didn't play. Only played it recently. It's a successful formula, the same formula in all the Anno games; gather resources/make stuff/residences level up/make more complex stuff/residences level up further. Copied to other games too, like Caesar, and more recently, Lethis.

I do wonder if that familiar formula has run its course though. So hoping 2205 adds something new. The sessions idea may be it; managing different cities in different settings - and on the moon too - all at the same time and in real-time. Could be a fun juggling act.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Don't bother.

Pros
    - It's very pretty.
    - 3 terrain types (earth-like, arctic, and moon) and corresponding buildings adds variety
    - Ability to build Upgrade Modules on buildings is a nice touch.
    - It flows fairly nicely; plays well; keeps you engaged until you complete it once.

Cons
    - Only 3 maps to play in total for each terrain type.
    - No sandbox or freeplay.
    - Too scripted; Campaign missions give you little leeway or freedom to just play as you would like.
    - No procedurally-generated maps, so replayability is extremely limited.
    - Combat takes place in a separate instance, so does not impact your buildings or terrain. No defences or military strategy then. This is rubbish.
    - It's easy. Little in the way of challenge.
    - It costs £50

Wait until they introduce more content (sandbox would be a great start - this is where Anno always succeeded) and drop the price by more than half.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 11-19-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Thanks for the detailed report. I will do as you said and play SC:LotV first. "My wife for hire!"