Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 85 Year Old Defends Home

Default 85 Year Old Defends Home

http://bearingarms.com/hes-hero-reti...to-gains-fans/

Heartwarming story.

Police identified that suspect at 34-year-old Shawn Mulberry of Oakland who reportedly had an outstanding warrant for his arrest for violating his parole. He is being treated at an East Bay hospital and is listed in serious, but stable condition.

“When an 85-year-old can take on a thug like that, absolutely he’s a hero,” area resident Neil Swendsen said. “He did the whole community a service by putting these bad guys out of action and we’re very proud of him.”

Awesome story. But I also the advice given at the end of the article.

"This is why just about every professional firearms instructor teaches students to consistently fire two shots to begin an engagement. The first shot you fire may be perfectly on-target and still have little to no immediate effect on the aggressor for a virtually unlimited range of reasons."

Sadly the criminal piece of shit still lives - but at least the 85 year old is OK and hopefully the criminal will die of infection in the hospital. (Here's to hoping for a brighter future).

You must be a real hoot at dinner parties. You should come to my next one, it'd save me a lot of money on food
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    You must be a real hoot at dinner parties. You should come to my next one, it'd save me a lot of money on food
    Are dinner parties even a thing anymore? If you go to a gathering and there is dinner does that count as a dinner party? :0

<mod hat>
    Lewk, there have been enough complaints about these types of threads that I think it's time to do something about them. So the next thread you create celebrating someone's death needs to be the last - make it a megathread, and post your stories about it into there instead of making a new thread every time, please.
    </mod hat>

God that hat was dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    http://bearingarms.com/hes-hero-reti...to-gains-fans/

Heartwarming story.

Police identified that suspect at 34-year-old Shawn Mulberry of Oakland who reportedly had an outstanding warrant for his arrest for violating his parole. He is being treated at an East Bay hospital and is listed in serious, but stable condition.

“When an 85-year-old can take on a thug like that, absolutely he’s a hero,” area resident Neil Swendsen said. “He did the whole community a service by putting these bad guys out of action and we’re very proud of him.”

Awesome story. But I also the advice given at the end of the article.

"This is why just about every professional firearms instructor teaches students to consistently fire two shots to begin an engagement. The first shot you fire may be perfectly on-target and still have little to no immediate effect on the aggressor for a virtually unlimited range of reasons."

Sadly the criminal piece of shit still lives - but at least the 85 year old is OK and hopefully the criminal will die of infection in the hospital. (Here's to hoping for a brighter future).
    Your a every criminal deserves death type of guy, aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    <mod hat>
    Lewk, there have been enough complaints about these types of threads that I think it's time to do something about them. So the next thread you create celebrating someone's death needs to be the last - make it a megathread, and post your stories about it into there instead of making a new thread every time, please.
    </mod hat>

God that hat was dusty.
    For the record no one died in this thread...

For the record no one died in this thread...
    Not in this case, but your "hopefully the criminal will die of infection in the hospital" comment is just as disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Echovirus View Post
    Not in this case, but your "hopefully the criminal will die of infection in the hospital" comment is just as disgusting.
    I'm sorry if I care about the lives this person will damage and maybe take then his own. Not all lives are equal - some are absolutely more deserving of it than others. A man who would attempt to rob and physically assault an 85 year old man... that's a man who is scum and will likely continue his criminal spree.

People who provide leniency to criminals have blood on their hands.

"On June 6, 1986, he was released as part of a weekend furlough program but did not return. On April 3, 1987 in Oxon Hill, Maryland, Horton twice raped a local woman after pistol-whipping, knifing, binding, and gagging her fiancé. He then stole the car belonging to the man he had assaulted. He was later shot and captured by Corporal Yusuf Muhammad (formerly named Joseph Bell) of the Prince George's County Police Department after a pursuit. On October 20, Horton was sentenced in Maryland to two consecutive life terms plus 85 years. The sentencing judge, Vincent J. Femia, refused to return Horton to Massachusetts, saying, "I'm not prepared to take the chance that Mr. Horton might again be furloughed or otherwise released. This man should never draw a breath of free air again."[4]"

Mercy in the case of Willie Horton to allow the ridiculously boneheaded move of allowing scum like him out on a furlough led to an innocent woman being raped twice. Her fiance being assaulted and a dangerous pursuit that ended in gunfire.

Frankly I think it should be law that anytime anyone grants parole and that parolee later does another crime they should have to personally apologize to the victims of the crime who would HAVE NEVER BEEN VICTIMIZED if it wasn't for liberals and their pathetic criminal worship. While they may not have the responsibility or the culpability for crimes that the person they let out commits that is little solace to the victims - but liberals don't care about them. Its all about how the criminals were 'dealt a bad hand' or part of the 'racist system' that keeps people down. No my comment isn't disgusting - it is the liberals who are disgusting. Their pathetic appeasement process of human FILTH that ought not to be alive is what is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    <mod hat>
    </mod hat>

God that hat was dusty.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Thanks.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I'm sorry if I care about the lives this person will damage and maybe take then his own. Not all lives are equal - some are absolutely more deserving of it than others. A man who would attempt to rob and physically assault an 85 year old man... that's a man who is scum and will likely continue his criminal spree.
    So he should be in prison. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/10/ny...ver-death.html I figured this should go in a Lewk thread.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/10/ny...ver-death.html I figured this should go in a Lewk thread.
    I don't typically take the word of a criminal at face value. Cameras are clearly the answer. And any additional things like criminals attacking each other should just add to the sentence.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/10/us/ten...ypd/index.html because police officers always go by the book.

A case of mistaken identity. He wasn't shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Right, only roughed up while black/biracial despite not running or offering any resistance. God forbid someone accused of buying an illegal phone can be treated like a human being.

Right, only roughed up while black/biracial despite not running or offering any resistance. God forbid someone accused of buying an illegal phone can be treated like a human being.
    Two things.

1. Obviously that arrest could have been handled better. Unless the person has a history of resisting arrest police should always seek to get the suspect to surrender voluntarily. (Obviously if a crime is actually ongoing such as a robbery or shooting its different)

2. On the flip side we need a lot harsher sentencing for resisting arrest creating a deterrent to fleeing from the police. And these sentences should always be served consecutively not concurrently to whatever or criminal charge they are convicted for. Right nowt here is little reason for a guilty criminal NOT to resist arrest. It rarely ever causes them to have more prison time.

If you live in an area where people are treated like that by the police all the time, how do you think you will view the police?

Edit: see video: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/12/ny...ng-arrest.html You think this kind of behavior is unheard of, Lewk? You think the officer decided for the first time in his career to do something like this, in the center of Manhattan to a well-dressed guy accused of a minor crime?
    Last edited by Loki; 09-11-2015 at 10:10 PM.

If you live in an area where people are treated like that by the police all the time, how do you think you will view the police?

Edit: see video: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/12/ny...ng-arrest.html You think this kind of behavior is unheard of, Lewk? You think the officer decided for the first time in his career to do something like this, in the center of Manhattan to a well-dressed guy accused of a minor crime?
    They will view the police with frustration and anger. Duh. Again I'm all for police civility. There is no reason to go guns a-blazing or flying tackles IF the person isn't resisting arrest. I would expect police officers to act professionally and there shouldn't be presumption of guilt unless the criminal is in the very act of doing a crime.

But it can't just be 'oh blame the police.' We've given every incentive for people to TRY to resist arrest when we don't punish them for doing it! Create harsh sentences that will create a deterrence to resisting arrest and prevent the behavior. And yes not everyone will be deterred - there will be some people without any self restraint- those people are dangerous and should be put in prison. So I can see why the police officer who doesn't want to get risked getting injured during the arrest or have to chase someone down into dangerous situations would want to prevent any attempt of fleeing by forcefully bringing the suspect down. Again - not defending it (unless like I said earlier there is a history of resisting arrest from the perp) but clearly looking at reality and WHY officers do what they do.

Why NOT resist arrest if this is what you get when you DON'T resist?

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    That's what you get when a lot of your police force is recruited from the armed forces. The types of thinking for both are completely at odds with each other.

I'd even go so far and make a "having served in the force" an actual minus point which should lead to an especially rigorous examination of the application. Not an outright dismissal, mind. But the training and outright brainwashing you're undergoing there is not something you want in a field which needs to apply moderation and not escalation.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I doubt this is a problem in the northeast, especially in cities with large police forces. The military also teaches setting called discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    That's what you get when a lot of your police force is recruited from the armed forces. The types of thinking for both are completely at odds with each other.

I'd even go so far and make a "having served in the force" an actual minus point which should lead to an especially rigorous examination of the application. Not an outright dismissal, mind. But the training and outright brainwashing you're undergoing there is not something you want in a field which needs to apply moderation and not escalation.
    Wow. That's quite the anti-military bent you have there.

Why NOT resist arrest if this is what you get when you DON'T resist?
    Exactly - make them have a reason not to resist arrest. And then there is less of a need to start with so much force since fewer criminals will run.

Exactly - make them have a reason not to resist arrest. And then there is less of a need to start with so much force since fewer criminals will run.
    Ignoring the fact that the willingness of these police officers to use force has very little to do with the potential criminals running away. Did Blake look like he had any intention of running here? It's racism and abuse of power, pure and simple.

Ignoring the fact that the willingness of these police officers to use force has very little to do with the potential criminals running away. Did Blake look like he had any intention of running here? It's racism and abuse of power, pure and simple.
    I admit there may be *some* of that. I think its less racism and more of a power trip honestly. But there are consequences to non-violent take downs. In particularly in areas where criminals often run. That is why departments likely turn a blind eye to it outside of these high profile cases.

I'm not saying all of the problems go away if they created harsher sentencing for resisting arrest but I'm confident in saying there were will be fewer criminals running, lead to irrational criminals with poor self control to be locked up longer (which every sane person should want to see happen) and ultimately fewer violent arrests.

The problem is that in the most violent parts of the country, the police is entirely illegitimate. They're viewed as an occupying force. What you're saying is that the way to end the insurgency in Afghanistan (and Iraq before that) is to punish people more severely for not listening to the US military. It might make you feel good to see "bad people" punished, but if anything, it creates extra resentment (even among those who follow the law), and makes everyone in those areas less likely to cooperate with law enforcement.

The problem is that in the most violent parts of the country, the police is entirely illegitimate. They're viewed as an occupying force. What you're saying is that the way to end the insurgency in Afghanistan (and Iraq before that) is to punish people more severely for not listening to the US military. It might make you feel good to see "bad people" punished, but if anything, it creates extra resentment (even among those who follow the law), and makes everyone in those areas less likely to cooperate with law enforcement.
    In those 'most violent parts of the country' probably harsh take-downs are a necessity. They are also by definition massive crime rates in cities run by Democrats who like to appease criminals. There correlation is unmistakable. There is a bit of a difference between Afghanistan and inner cities the two aren't really comparable.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I doubt this is a problem in the northeast, especially in cities with large police forces. The military also teaches setting called discipline.
    What you think and what is really happening are two separate instances.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    What you think and what is really happening are two separate instances.
    Do you have any evidence at all that ex-military are more likely to abuse their power as police officers relative to non-ex-military?