Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech Thread

Default Tech Thread

For whoever is running this monkey house

It seems strangely tricky to send a PM.

Now, MAYBE i was being retarded, but whatever.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Default Re: Tech Thread

Also, avatars are disabled, which is making me cry a little. Moreso, sigs are limited to 255 characters, which is no doubt sensible for the tards, but my sig has the dust of eons on it, and demands special treatment.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Already rocking the boat asswipe? Nice!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie
    Also, avatars are disabled, which is making me cry a little.
    Try now.

Moreso, sigs are limited to 255 characters, which is no doubt sensible for the tards, but my sig has the dust of eons on it, and demands special treatment.
    Pick the new limit

Is a thousand characters too much? We could just enforce the physical height limit like on fucknutTri
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

1000 it is.

There isn't enough purple here.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Could the avatar size limit be a bit larger? Like 10 kb or something. This isn't C64 :geek:
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

You're uncharacteristically nice these days

Fixed. Bitch.

KommieKitty looks like shit as a gif and shrunk to this ridiculously small file size.

I almost had to pick the visually impaired option at registration. omg.

this is large
    this is huge

Is there an option somewhere to change type size and background color....for the old geezers who don't wanna put on our bifocals? omg

crap ok i found the global settings. can't change size tho this is DISCRIMINATION lol

control + mouse wheel up.

The size of the text here looks the same as it was on atari to me. GGT, could you post a screenshot just so I can make sure we're seeing the same thing?

Thanks, was just me being a dufus.

Once I got the background lighter, size was fine. I even put window up next to NYT (which has some tiny print) to compare. Atari's characters seemed a bit farther spaced but this is fine.

Laugh now, but just wait until you wear bifocals!

This might be a limitation of our software, but is it at all possible to enable the ctrl + I, ctrl + B, ctrl + U etc. shortcuts for italics, bold and stuff like that for when you're typing messages?

And can you disable nested quotes by default? Quote trees are for faggots

Ok so who's

Google [Bot]

and what are they doing here?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT
    Ok so who's

Google [Bot]

and what are they doing here?

It's a spider bot thing, thatctrawls websites and archives pages on google
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

I don't like spiders and snakes!

re: PMs. Can we get the feature where we click on a name and the send-to field is auto? Or however it was set up 'over there'?

Thanks

Did we ignore the whole PM issue or is having to click submit twice the fix? If i want to preview a message I'll click preview, or lookat the screen before sending. But, hey whatever, i can go with whatever your flowing
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Dufus here----the whole PM thing is very confusing to me, does it stay in the outbox until the recipient accepts it? Old dog learning new tricks.

Also, the spell checker is red lining common words. What's up with that?

Probably because the dictionary this place is using is British English.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus
    This might be a limitation of our software, but is it at all possible to enable the ctrl + I, ctrl + B, ctrl + U etc. shortcuts for italics, bold and stuff like that for when you're typing messages?
    Should be possible. Might take some time.

And can you disable nested quotes by default? Quote trees are for faggots
    I'll get on that.

Thankie

(Seriously I cannot get over how happy that smilie is

Look at it

Smug bastard)

I think you need to steal and for me.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged
    I think you need to steal and for me.
    Done.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie
    Also, avatars are disabled, which is making me cry a little. Moreso, sigs are limited to 255 characters, which is no doubt sensible for the tards, but my sig has the dust of eons on it, and demands special treatment.
    It's actually such a joy to me to be able to disable displaying avatars entirely again. I missed that functionality when they removed it from one of the older versions of the IG boards. Now I just need to find a way to make the poster-name slightly larger with this theme. . .
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Bigger usernames would be useful, if at all possible.

I like avatars usually. Means i can tell who a poster is without reading it.

Heh. I just looked and i still have your elephant on my other computer from when i impersonated you on cc Fuzzy