Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you...

Default Do you...

... also still go to that Other Place, look at the threads, then suppress the urge to post ? When I look at the first page it's like looking at the barbarians walking amongst the ruins of a burning Rome.
    Congratulations America

Default Re: Do you...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir
    ... also still go to that Other Place, look at the threads, then suppress the urge to post ? When I look at the first page it's like looking at the barbarians walking amongst the ruins of a burning Rome.
    I'm looking at threads, but I have very little desire to post in anything but my own thread (that apparently I should have made more graphic). Seeing how fast it is collapsing is entertaining, in a sick and twisted watching car-wreck sort of way.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I go there to gawk at the smoldering ruins of the ACC, and check up on RCTCC. There's not a lot left of RCT now, either.

I honestly haven't check since I joined here, other than to read Lolli's ridiculously tame story.
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Well I didn't want it instantly removed.

I've looked at the place a couple of times, but the forums are now so completely filled with shit I haven't had to supress any urge to post, or even to see what's in most of those threads. It's all either "Phoxe Suxxorz" or ridiculous brown-nosing, with virtually nothing else happening.

Did somebody drop this on their way out of there? I picked it up just in case it was important.

Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

OG seems to be taking it hard.

He's still posting over there, reminiscing about stuff.

He just posted a bullet-point list of all the things he has either gotten out of or put into Atari and their forums over the years ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I go back to look around.

Kind of awkward, seeing as it's slowly going to be a ghost town in the CC.

tom_mai has taken over the place.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

A few thoughts:

First - I went back yesterday to check PMs, but there were no threads I thought intersting enough to look at. 19 people were viewing which is a lot, in my experience.

Second, I'll likely go back a delete some of my more controversial posts. Some of that work's been done, but there's more. Lots more.

Third - You folks keep referring to the new CC as though it's a broken and destroyed thing. Consider that Atari thinks of this whole drama as something akin to the burning of Sodom. Us leaving has no doubt removed a pain in someone's ass.

Lastly, because he cleary didn't care a lick about the forum, and because he had more or less absolute power to do whatever he wanted with no real consequence possible, Phoxe likely found the process of cleaning it out a mostly painless, likely eye-rolling task; if not genuinely fun. And us pulling up our tent stakes and camping here in the wilderness made it that much quicker and easier.

Also - I couldn't care less about it. The forum was the people and the conversation. Now the people are here. So lets get the conversation going.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Well, one good thing of this forum is that it doesn't have the Atari name or Logo in it, which sometimes made me feel a bit uncomfortable at work.
    Congratulations America

Well, one good thing of this forum is that it doesn't have the Atari name or Logo in it, which sometimes made me feel a bit uncomfortable at work.
    Me too.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

barbarians walking amongst the ruins of a burning Rome.

I don't know why, but this really makes me smile...
    Praise the man who seeks the truth, but run from the one who has found it.

No urge to post. And that's an apt description.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I stop by once a day, to monitor the deterioration and take notes. I'm thinking of making a study on internet wildland reclamation.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Oh, I didn't post a goodbye yet!

There!

Very nice goodbye. You've been ordered to never post there again by our little ray of sunshine Weber.

It shone upon me like a fawn in may.

I wonder if that thread will actually get closed for spam, or if "Political commentary" is the only illicit substance there now...

I do. It's a bit of a habit to check the posts in the morning. It's amazing how fast that place goes down the drain.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Doesn't make jack of all of a difference in the WOT forum, so I still post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawyn
    Maybe we should offer the folks in that forum a friendly home here too. If I'm not mistaken one of our Admods has a full history of that forum.
    Congratulations America

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawyn
    Hmm... I wonder if he'll have a problem with you guys discussing WOT politics and religion
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

Sooner or later, he's bound to charge in there screaming that the WoT Book Forum is a games forum, and only games are allowed to be discussed.

The same applies to the old Unreal forum thats still kicking it, i'm sure in time the new At**i powers will close it and everything will be lost.

Yes.

I'm finding it hard to break the habit

I'm very tempted to post to tell Weber to stop being such a whiny little runt, and let people say goodbye and deal with leaving in their own way.

But I won't, it's over now

Haven't been back since I signed in here for the first time.
    Such is Life...

DeR is still posting normal threads.

'Will Massachusetts delay healthcare reform'.

None of the carrion picking over the remains of the forum have so far replied however ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Where did all those fellers spawn from anyway?
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I check to see if it's been changed over to look like that Cryptic Champion site yet. (Who the heck is Weber?)

thanks Being, now to figure out how to transfer that, or maybe a new avatar here...