Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
I remember that study. The problem with it was that it treated "The Greatest President We Will Ever Have May Have Once Frowned in the Presence of Kittens" as the same as "Is McCain a Secret Hitler Who Drinks the Blood of Palestinian Babies?" Obama had more 'negative' articles just because everyone in the media was talking about him more.
It was about percentages, and quite a big difference so it's not just because he was in the news more. But you are entirely correct that it didn't differentiate in levels of negativity or positivity, but that's true for most studies I found on this. I think it's almost impossible to have an entirely objective research on this because selling what is neutral is inherently subjective. A politician could simply get more negative reporting because he says more incorrect things or has flawed plans, or he could by the victim of bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Flixy, I don't know about any individual study (there are always outliers), but the consensus is that network TV does have a liberal bias. It's not overwhelming, but it's there. There's a reason Fox News is so popular; it's the only one that tilts in the other direction.
Fair enough.
Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
How many people get their news exclusively from "network TV" (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox) since cable TV and the internet became widely available? I doubt there's any study comparing all TV news, including cable news (CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, C-Span, Bloomberg, BBC, Telemundo, Univision, etc.) that proves a liberal bias across the board.
Of course there's no study about all media but you don't have to. If you include the big ones, they cover a vast majority of media reach to the public, and the ones you left out can never tip the balance because they are too small.