Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Russia Joining OPEC and Environmentalism

Quote Originally Posted by Young Mage View Post
    I have a MUN (Model United Nations) conference next week and even if you guys can't directly help me, any reasons you guys might bring up concerning Russia's entry into OPEC would probably be helpful since i could use those points or even points that state that Russia shouldn't. I'm representing Venezuela, Russia is our number uno weapon benefactor so....
    Dear Loser,

I was in model UN when in high school. 4 years (Albania, South Africa, Japan and USA, in order). We didn't dress up in fairyland costumes, and we did all the research ourselves. All this before the internet, so it was rooting around in microfilm in the local university library. So suck it up and do some work, you wuss.

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Dear Loser,

I was in model UN when in high school. 4 years (Albania, South Africa, Japan and USA, in order). We didn't dress up in fairyland costumes, and we did all the research ourselves. All this before the internet, so it was rooting around in microfilm in the local university library. So suck it up and do some work, you wuss.
    Hi Tear,
    Nice to see you again. Are you, by chance, having a bad day or something? We're here to help.

Love (or wild kinky sex, anyway),
    Lolli
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Dear Loser,

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to set you off; if i knew you nicked your vagina shaving it this morning, I wouldn't have pestered you with my petty demands. Good day to you madam.
    Last edited by Young Mage; 04-09-2010 at 02:46 AM.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to set you off; if i knew you nicked your vagina shaving it this morning. I wouldn't have pestered you with my petty demands. Good day to you madam.

I like the new kid.

But sorry, can't think of any reasons to push for green energy other than it basically doesn't work and will force people to keep burning fossil fuels for the foreseeable future. As to Russia joining OPEC, to gain some control over OPEC's oil quotas, I suppose. And maybe if relations between OPEC and the Arab countries improve, Russia can deport all the Chechens to Saudi Arabia and solve that little problem as well.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post

I like the new kid.

But sorry, can't think of any reasons to push for green energy other than it basically doesn't work and will force people to keep burning fossil fuels for the foreseeable future. As to Russia joining OPEC, to gain some control over OPEC's oil quotas, I suppose. And maybe if relations between OPEC and the Arab countries improve, Russia can deport all the Chechens to Saudi Arabia and solve that little problem as well.
    I thought it was quite clever too. teee heee~~

and my goodness, i "finalized" my draft. All i have to do it proofread it tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Committee: OPEC
    School: _____ High School
    Delegates: Arshaq _____ and Brian _____

Introduction:

A. Today’s global recession is very much akin to the oil crisis of 1973. Something Venezuela, an OPEC nation, is very eager to avoid as oil composes a large percent of our export. So therefore, in this conference we hope to create resistance to alternative energy source development or retard its dissemination, by consolidating membership.

B. At this conference, two major issues face all oil producing nations that are attending: the possible entry of the Russian Federation into OPEC and growing threats for alternative energy development.

C. Venezuela, being a reputable member of OPEC, wishes to promote Russian entry into OPEC, weakening American influence in the Middle East, while simultaneously expanding Opec’s influence over the world’s oil reserves. This issue also goes hand in hand with the threat of alternative energy because not only would Russia’s entrance to our side would strengthen our cause, it would also weaken the opposition to us, represented by the United States and Europe, the leaders in alternative energy. Oil has gained a bad image across the globe, something we at this conference intend to address and confront.

D. There is an alternative to blatantly opposing the proliferation of green energy (Issue two clause E). Venezuela encourages all petro-dependent nations to adopt and implement the alluded idea.

Issue #1: Russia’s possible entry into OPEC

A. Russia’s entry into OPEC, as you all know, has recently put out to tender. The ramifications would be enormously positive in the OPEC community’s favor for several reasons which are discussed below. Russia and OPEC together account for more than half of global oil production. On average Russia produces 9.5 million barrels a day. With the potential of cutting that production by 200,000 – 300,000 barrels, lowering oil prices, an aim this organization stands for. However, the inverse is also true, hereby allowing OPEC to have a great impact on the socio-economical aspects of the global community.

B. Because of this, Venezuela strongly supports Russian entry. A confounding reason as to why Venezuela wishes for Russia to enter OPEC is because Russia today is the number one arms supplier to Latin America, strengthening relations with Russia at the expense of the United States, a common enemy of OPEC. As of right now oil prices are dangerously low, something our fledgling governments cannot afford. If the Middle Eastern welfare nations such as the United Arab Emirates wish to remain in power, they need oil money to maintain that. Currently one of the main reasons as to why the oil prices have been low is because Russia is undercutting our oil prices. Russia’s entry into OPEC is not only beneficial to us, but it is a necessary change in order to take another baby-step towards world unification. We do need their cooperation to maintain a higher standard for oil prices as we all strive for economic prosperity.

C. In coalition with other members of OPEC, Venezuela hopes to work together with any other nation willing to foster Russian entry, while still keeping any Russian dominance at bay using Draconian restriction in order to maintain the current balance of power. OPEC is geared towards the benefit of the global community for oil production, not Russian, or any other nation’s political interests as we will attempt to slow any political interest or bias from creeping in and wreaking havoc (oil crisis of 1973).

Issue #2: Threats posed by alternative energy development and the bad public image of oil.

This committee can approach this issue one of two ways, Venezuela personally recommends for the implementation of the second for obvious reason.

A. Oil – Bad public image, hated around the world because it pollutes, while coal is even worse in that regard, oil is thought of as the “worst” pollutant by many. Only by pointing out such fallacies will OPEC and petro-industry be able to keep striving for stable prices. We wish to establish a secure footing for oil in the not so distant and distant future.

B. Possible plans – Russian entry, opposition to alternative energy sources. By opposing the international community, stalling U.N. plans, and refusing to support funding any investments into alternative “green” energies; additionally, we shall promote that banding of all OPEC nations to implement such changes in opposition to “going green.” Delaying its arrival as long as possible in order to consolidate monetary gains from our oil dominance is our endeavor.

C. Every decade or so, we have an individual with a Ph.D. reminding the world that current proven oil reserves will only last another fifty years at most, in order to keep the public anxious about the supply of oil. Under no circumstances should it mentioned that unproven reserves and oil fields owned (but not yet tapped) by major petro-corporations contain enough oil to make the current proven reserves look like a drop in the ocean. It’s been working since the early 1900's, so it should continue to be an effective strategy for another hundred years or more.

D. Some may argue that we should turn to alternative energy because we want the human race to flourish. However, we must oppose this on account that we cannot afford to do like the US, we all have our welfare states to run back home. And if we were to sell out to alternative energies, we certainly would not be pioneers of that, oil is exclusive to us, but alternative energy will not, we’ll lose our edge. Making our position no longer unique, we’ll risk returning to the 40’s in the era before oil, one marked by chaos and Israeli dominance. Possible positive plans: develop a mandatory or non-mandatory monetary reserve from oil revenues, buying us some time.

Alternative solution: Because we have come to the realization that countries will be either pro or against the proliferation of green energy, we wish to introduce a “middle-ground” between the two extremes.

E. OPEC should actively support the development of solar technology because "green energy" proponents are activists who haven't been able to figure out how incredibly inefficient and infeasible it is to provide large amounts of power using solar energy. By supporting the development of solar power, we ensure that development of viable and practical future energy production is stunted in favor of political pandering to conservationists, ensuring reliance on burning oil for energy for the foreseeable future. Furthermore, current "cutting edge" solar technology relies heavily on synthetic plastics and rubbers made from petroleum, so environmentalist are unwittingly supporting the use of "evil" oil in their quest for "green" energy.

EDIT: Do you (Cain) mind me using your paragraph? The others were pretty inappropriate and i don't want to seem like a psychotic moron at 16 in front of a crowd. LOL
    Last edited by Young Mage; 04-09-2010 at 03:00 AM.

EDIT: Do you (Cain) mind me using your paragraph?
    If I minded someone using it, I wouldn't have put it up.

The others were pretty inappropriate and i don't want to seem like a psychotic moron at 16 in front of a crowd. LOL
    Well, you're missing out on a fun time, going through life like that, but I guess it's your decision.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Well, you're missing out on a fun time, going through life like that, but I guess it's your decision.
    Weeeeelllll, i could technically change my stance and just screw everything at around 2:30 P.M. on Saturday because our chair has to send the winner's names to the sponsor. I'd have about 1 hour and 30 min of trolling left since MUN ends at around 4 P.M. I'll try recording it with my cellphone just for you. <3

Post number 69. GIGGIDIGOO

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to set you off; if i knew you nicked your vagina shaving it this morning, I wouldn't have pestered you with my petty demands. Good day to you madam.
    Brushing off fatal weaknesses with personal attacks? No wonder Cain admires you so much. Chip off the old block....

Grow a pair and teach yourself the information. That is the point of Model UN and similar programs, not being fed the answers by people on the internet. If you refuse to break out of the educational mold, instead insisting on having others digest information for you, you doom yourself to mediocrity. Becoming your own teacher is the ultimate goal. Fail at that, and you will be a cog.

Brushing off fatal weaknesses with personal attacks? No wonder Cain admires you so much. Chip off the old block....

Grow a pair and teach yourself the information. That is the point of Model UN and similar programs, not being fed the answers by people on the internet. If you refuse to break out of the educational mold, instead insisting on having others digest information for you, you doom yourself to mediocrity. Becoming your own teacher is the ultimate goal. Fail at that, and you will be a cog.
    Cool story bro.

Cain, i'd like to say that i'm doing very well. I might possibly gavel.

P.S. if you read this. Anymore reasons as to why i should be against any other types of reusable energies?
    Last edited by Young Mage; 04-10-2010 at 02:34 AM.

Do feel free to knock the sand out of your vagina before your next post.

P.S. if you read this. Anymore reasons as to why i should be against any other types of reusable energies?
    Sorry - all I got is that they don't work and it's more economical to burn fossil fuels. I guess you could bring up the whole China REE thing - China produces something like 95% of the Rare Earth Elements required for (among other things) most renewable energy sources. (LCDs too, but you're not talking about LCDs, so that doesn't help.)

Quick bit of info. Really try to proof what you're saying by actually reading history. Israel didn't declare its independence until 1948.

Aiiight, i'll muster up some crap. Let's see how it will go.

Quote Originally Posted by agamemnus View Post
    Quick bit of info. Really try to proof what you're saying by actually reading history. Israel didn't declare its independence until 1948.
    Please, for a model U.N.? All he needs to know is that the Jews eat Palestinian babies, secretly control the world and are responsible for all the evil in the universe.

Assuming, of course, that a model U.N. bears any resemblance to the actual U.N.

Wow, fuck this shit. I was cheated out of a fucking gavel. Next time i'm being a total douche-bag. Did you know that we only got Outstanding because Libya apparently stated "very pertinent points". The exact same points we said last night. Even worse, when we used your ideas Cain, Libya dumbed them down and "helped" everyone understand what they referred to. Do you know how much favoritism and bullshit that conference was?

Lybia wanted to go fucking green when a large portion of their GDP consists of oil exports.

Thank you for helping.

Even worse, when we used your ideas Cain, Libya dumbed them down and "helped" everyone understand what they referred to. Do you know how much favoritism and bullshit that conference was?
    Sounds like they successfully captured the real spirit of the U.N.

Sounds like they successfully captured the real spirit of the U.N.
    DEATH TO AMERICAAAAAA. I think i might called the West "infidenls" one time too many. Both of my chairs were white conservatives...In other news, DEATH TO AMERICAAAA.