Thread: HOTS

Default HOTS

Heroes of the Storm is quite fun. Unlike other MOBAs there is no last hitting so the focus can be more on team combat and objectives. Best of all... it is free! Got up to rank 10 so far, am enjoying it quite a bit.

I may try it. How genius of Blizzard to release another game with the same acronym.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

MOBA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Multiplayer online battle arena. League of Legends or DOTA and so forth.

What Wraith said. Basically third person view you are on a team with 4 others. Requires a decent level of 'twitch' or fast reaction time (Though some characters require far less micro than others) to be good at it. in some MOBAs you can go rambo and if you are very good you can win almost on your own despite it being a team game. In HOTS though teamwork is hyper critical. In addition like other games in the genre is free to play and you get free heroes every week and earn gold playing the game. Gold can be used to purchase heroes or you can pay $$ for them. Its fairly easy to accumulate two characters for each role without spending any money.

Also another major difference is that unlike DOTA or LOL you don't have to get the 'last hit' on an enemy to obtain gold, since there is no gold. It frees up the game marvelously since you can worry about objectives than 'farming.' DOTA is particularly awful about it because in order to 'deny' gold to your opponent you have to kill your own troops with the last hit so they can't. /Boggle (its a hold over from the original War Craft 3 UMS map it was created from).

So I tried it a little. The lack of multitasking makes it a walk in the park compared to RTS like StarCraft. But leveling up over several games instead of starting all over again each time gives you some satisfaction.

I went back to StarCraft. I like the Coop missions the most ATM. It also has the same leveling up mechanisms.

If anyone plays some StarCraft II we maybe can do some Coop together. It's only 2 vs AI at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    I went back to StarCraft. I like the Coop missions the most ATM. It also has the same leveling up mechanisms.

If anyone plays some StarCraft II we maybe can do some Coop together. It's only 2 vs AI at the moment.
    I do, rarely, but I'm not very good.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

That's no problem in Coop, we can set the AI to 'Normal'.

It gives 30% less XP, but playing with friends gives some extra. My player name is, lo and behold, earthJoker.

Now that 2.0 is out, you can get 20 free heroes by logging in by May 22nd.

Actually, the choice between 4 Megapacks of 20 heroes, so probably some repeats if you played before.
    Still, pretty nice and if you played before all the crates from recalculating your level should net you a few more heroes too.

Yeah I've played this and basically no other videogame for the last 2 years. Love it. Wish I was better at it (Silver 3 in Hero League)
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little